Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 22 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 31 reviews
on December 7, 2012
It's been a long time coming since Pig Destroyer's "Phantom Limb." Sure, a few goodies seeped out since then. But "Book Burner" is the most satisfying Pig Destroyer release since PL. Again, we have the sampled vox clips as lead-ins; not always effective, but a few here are pretty wicked.
As ever, the production, execution and precision at work here sets PD apart from anyone nearby. Scott Hull is a "drummer" in his own right (via programming for Agoraphobic Nosebleed). But the drums on PL are devastating and absolutely rippin.
If you liked Phantom Limb, and if you've been waiting to get a treat like that again, buy Book Burner.
on May 15, 2014
Pig Destroyer is an incredibly good grind core band. On this album, they branch out a bit more into territories they haven't done so before. Gone are the just pure grind outs but the songs are now a bit more thought out and well executed while not over staying they're welcome. There are also a few guest vocalists which help add some variety. While Adam Jarvis's drumming is incredible, I do kind of miss Brian Harvey here and would have been interested to listen to his take on these songs.
on January 28, 2013
This is basically my first rip with grind. I am not sure if this truly grind in the traditional sense. I have heard bands like Napalm Death and a shortly lived band called December. I have to say that Scott Hull is a riff monster. The punishing riffs on this album are among the best I have ever heard. The opening track kills me every time I hear it. It's called Sis and how crazy she is without her meds. The Diplomat, which has a cool video, is an awesome song. The addition of Adam Jarvis( Misery Index) was brilliant. If you have never listened to these guys and want some extreme metal, I highly recommend this band
on February 18, 2013
Best Pig Destroyer yet. Best songs are The Diplomat, Book Burner, Baltimore Strangler, and Burning Palm. The CD also contains a little booklet, a (long) short story about an atheist trying to survive in a post-apocalyptic hellhole of a theocratic world, a world in which the book burners (religious fundamentalists) are in power. I enjoyed that, great little book.
A must for all god-hating, atheist grindcore-fans everywhere.
on September 11, 2015
First off let me say that, drummer Adam Jarvis, went to the same high school as I did when I was a kid, which has little relevance, but just blows me away, and I love Misery Index. To learn here that he sat in with Pig Destroyer is even more impressive. Now let me say that I love Pig Destroyer, and this little hardcore punk record is excellent.
on February 15, 2013
Once every few years I buy an album so great I'd buy it again. This is one of those albums. The bonus (BONUS!!) EP is worth the price of admission as it is, even though it's short and there are less than ten songs on it. I play the hell out of it though. The book was worth a read, especially since it mentioned my home state of VT. The Book Burner cd itself was a solid slab of excellent grind. Yes I said slab. SLAAAAAAABBBBB............
on November 20, 2012
This is without a doubt one of the best metal albums of 2012. Pig Destroyer remain brutal as they've always been. Adam Jarvis drumming on this album gave me high hopes that this would be a good album. Jason Netherton (Misery Index) and Katherine Katz (Agoraphobic Nosebleed) also lend great vocals. The bonus cd of cover songs are really great too.
on June 25, 2016
Got the vinyl version of this it is Great,
the mix sounds really good on my $2 turntable. I also have all their other releases on vinyl which also sound Great.
on December 5, 2012
I've been a big fan of this band since Terrifyer and this album only establishes them as true champions of the grind era, let's not forget about Napalm Death because they are the origin of true grind, so follow your own oath to the darkness and accept this album as a true gem and one of the year's best....
on August 24, 2014