WD 4TB My Book Desktop External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBFJK0040HBK-NESN
|Price:||$149.00 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$115.55 (44%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Included WD Backup software makes backing up what's important to you easy and fast
- Easy to use WD Backup software makes protecting what's important to you easy
- Downloadable version of AcronisTrue Image WD Edition software offers system-level backup for complete protection
- Compatible with Windows(R) File History, included on Windows 8 and Windows 10
- Password protection with hardware encryption keep your private stuff private
- USB 3.0 for fast data transfer rates
There is a newer version of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Secure your digital life on a My Book desktop storage
- Up to 8 TB capacity
- USB 3.0
- WD Backup software
- Acronis True Image WD Edition system level backup
- Password protection and hardware encryption
With up to 8 TB of capacity, you'll have all the room to keep your favorite photos, videos, music and important files.
Automatic backup software
WD Backup works quietly in the background to help protect your data with minimal resources from your PC. Set your own schedule to back up updated files or new folders automatically. You can even save your files to the cloud with Dropbox.*
*Dropbox account required for cloud back up. Cloud services may be changed, interrupted, or terminated at any time. Policies may vary by country and individual cloud service.
Acronis True Image WD Edition backs up your files on a system level, so a copy of your entire operating system, applications, settings and files are always close at hand.
Password protection for encrypted privacy
By creating a password of your own, you get immediate peace of mind knowing your data is safe from unauthorized access. It's equipped with with 256bit AES hardware encryption operates at the speed of the drive—saving you time.
My Book is equipped with USB 3.0 connectivity, providing ultra-fast file transfers and improved power management. My Book is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 devices.
WD quality inside and out
We understand the importance of your data. For years, millions of people worldwide have trusted their data to WD hard drives, and our first concern is keeping that data safe.
|My Book||My Book Duo|
|Capacity||Up to 8 TB||Up to 16 TB|
|File- system backup software||WD Backup||WD SmartWare Pro|
|System-level backup software||Acronis True Image WD Edition||Acronis True Image WD Edition|
|Dropbox cloud service||✓||✓|
|Password protection & hardware encryption||✓||✓|
|Interface||USB 3.0, USB 2.0||USB 3.0, USB 2.0|
|Performance Mode RAID 1 – default||✓|
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||AMZ Warehouses||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||UTech L.L.C.||Amazon.com|
|Digital Storage Capacity||4 TB||—||4 TB||4 TB||4 TB||4 TB|
|Hard Disk Description||Desktop||Desktop||Portable||Portable||Desktop||Portable|
|Hard-Drive Size||4 TB||4 TB||4 TB||—||4 TB||4 TB|
|Hardware Connectivity||USB||USB 3.0||USB 3.0||USB 3.0||USB 3.0||USB 3.0|
|Item Dimensions||1.9 x 5.5 x 6.7 in||1.9 x 5.5 x 6.7 in||3.21 x 4.33 x 0.85 in||3.2 x 4.4 x 0.82 in||6.7 x 5.5 x 2 in||3.07 x 4.51 x 0.81 in|
|Item Weight||2.27 lbs||—||0.54 lb||0.52 lb||30 lbs||0.54 lb|
|Memory Storage Capacity||4 TB||4 GB||4 TB||4 GB||4 GB||4 TB|
WD My Book 4 TB USB 3.0 Hard Drive with Backup
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) Very large digital storage space and reasonably portable
2) It is affordable ($234.99 when I purchased on 2/8/15) given this is their newest and largest drive at this time
3) Quiet (No audible noise unless I get right up next to it)
4) No heat issue (28°C when idle)
5) Fast read/write speeds (Read - 177.5 MB/s and Write - 175.7 MB/s)
6) Works right out of the box (Windows 8.1 x64)
7) USB 3.0 cord and Power Brick cord are sturdy
8) Did I mention that it works?
Cons: (Minor issues)
1) Glossy exterior can attract fingerprints easily
2) Can be easily knocked down (Watch out!)
The drive arrived expediently, 4 days after ordering, in good order with everything working right out of the box. Simply plugged it in and it booted right up without any problems. The drive itself looks exactly like the picture.
Assuming you are using this drive as a secondary external mass storage drive and not a primary drive with your OS installed, then this drive performs above average. When it comes to transferring large files, the read speed of this drive was 177.5 MB/s and the write speed was 175.7 MB/s. This is about 40 MB/s faster than a 5TB Seagate Backup Plus Drive that I own. So, what this means is that this drive performed beyond my expectations. I also ran extensive disk error tests on the drive and it passed them all.
Finally, the case the drive is in seems well ventilated and, so far, I have had no issues with heat. It is a quiet drive. I only hear noise when transferring files. So far, I am quite pleased with the product. If it fails, I will be sure to update this post. Hope this review helps everyone!