This book-like shape takes up minimal space on your desk and allows two or more My Book drives to nestle neatly together like volumes on a shelf.
See your life safe in one place.
WD SmartWare software - A visual control center with a single screen view of all your data. From it you can back up, retrieve, and secure your files.
An extra level of security with password protection and 256-bit hardware-based encryption.
Smaller, sleeker, more streamlined design - We've made these award-winning drives even smaller, sleeker, and more elegant. As always, this book-like shape takes up minimal space on your desk and allows two or more My Book drives to nestle neatly together like volumes on a shelf.
WD SmartWare™ - A control center for your drive that gives you the power to:
-- Protect your data automatically - Relax, your data is secure. Automatic, continuous backup will instantly make a second copy whenever you add or change a file.
-- See your backup as it happens - Seeing is believing. Visual backup displays your content in categories and shows the progress of your backup.
-- Bring back lost files effortlessly - Retrieve your valuable data to its original location whether you’ve lost all your data or just overwritten an important file.
-- Take control - Customize your backup, set drive security, run diagnostics, manage the power settings, and more from the WD SmartWare control center.
Drive lock - Gain peace of mind knowing that your data is protected from unauthorized access or theft with password protection and 256-bit hardware-based encryption.
Illuminated capacity gauge - See at a glance how much space is available on your drive.
USB 2.0 interface - Powered directly from the USB port on your PC. No separate power supply is needed*.
* An optional cable is available for the few computers that limit power from the USB port.
Power miser - My Book external drives are designed to save energy. WD GreenPower Technology™ lowers internal drive power consumption by up to 30%, a sleep mode reduces power during idle times, and a power-saving feature turns the drive on and off with your computer.
Planet friendly - We designed a small box from recycled materials to minimize waste. We encourage you to recycle it.
Ready to plug-and-play with Windows PCs - If you're a Mac user, check out our Mac version of this product.
- Protecting your data with automatic, continous backup
- Retrieving lost data effortlessly
- Adding extra storage space for photos, videos and music
- Securing private or sensitive data
Windows® XP, Windows Vista®, Windows 7
Mac OS® X Tiger®, Leopard®, Snow Leopard™ (requires reformatting)
Note: Compatibility may vary depending on user's hardware configuration and operating system.
What's in the box
External hard drive, WD SmartWare software, USB cable, AC adapter, Quick Install Guide.
Backup software you'll really use � WD SmartWare
Five great reasons to love it:
1. It's easy - Data backup can be a chore, but it's your family photos, your movies, your music - your life - and it's important to protect it. So we made this software extra easy because we really want you to use it.
2. You can see your life safe in one place -
3. It's always on the job - WD SmartWare is always watching your computer, so when you change a file and save it, create new files, add new pictures, movies, or songs, WD SmartWare will instantly back them up.
4. You can bring back lost files effortlessly - If you ever accidentally delete an important file, or need to get an earlier version of a file, you can find and retrieve it in seconds with this easy-to-use interface.
5. You're in control - WD SmartWare software is also a control center for your external drives. From it you can: