|Digital List Price:||$45.00|
|Print List Price:||$50.00|
Save $13.66 (27%)
The Book of Genesis, Chapters 1-17: 001 (New International Commentary on the Old Testament) Kindle Edition
|Length: 522 pages||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled||Page Flip: Enabled|
Matchbook Price: $2.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. It is more readable, both on a practical level and on a layout level. Wenham’s layout is tedious and at times confusing.
2. It is more conservative in its view than Wenham. I find that when the two conflict (i.e. Gen. 2:4), Hamilton’s answers are more consistent and in line with the text.
3. Knowledge of Hebrew is not demanded as is Wenham. Thereby making itself more useful to both Pastor and layman.
4. It is very detailed in its treatment of the text and less confusing than Wenham.
5. He applies the text in light of the New Testament, which makes it helpful for the preacher and teacher in a local church setting.
However there are some slight weaknesses, such as he sometimes is weak on Christological passages. But his treatment is sufficient in his comments on this area. Overall, this has become my go to commentary on Genesis and supplement Wenham and others works. It is a great commentary and the best I have found. I have both Wenham and Hamilton, but if you can only get one, I would recommend that Hamilton be your first choice. You will not be sorry.