- Publisher: Lb Books (April 1995)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0316920290
- ISBN-13: 978-0316920292
- Product Dimensions: 1.5 x 4.2 x 6.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9.6 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (24 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #5,190,250 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Book of Lists Paperback – April, 1995
"Halo Mythos: A Guide to the Story of Halo"
For the first time ever, the timeline of the Halo universe is available in one place. Learn more
"Packed with more fascinating, trivial, vital and perverse non sequiturs than you can shake an encyclopaedia at." The New York Times Book Review; "A lot of fun." Wall Street Journal" --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
David Wallechinsky and Amy Wallace created the first Book of Lists, published in 1977, with their father, Irving Wallace, and collaborated on three subsequent editions. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Top Customer Reviews
1. 10 Words you can't pronounce correctly
2. The 15 most boring classics
3. 10 memorable books that never existed
4. 18 famous brains, and what they weighed
5. 15 famous events that happened in the bathtub
6. 10 people not to invite to dinner
In order to give you a further insight into the book, I have listed below a few random facts that I found particularly interesting.
African Elephants have gestation periods of 640 days while Opossums have only 13 day gestastion periods. (These are the two extremes from a long list of gestation periods.)
A flock of crows is correctly known as a murder of crows.
Well before 9/11, Iraq had received military aid from the U.S., Great Britain, China, and the U.S.S.R.
Desi Arnaz worked as a bird cage cleaner before he became a bandleader, Gerald Ford was a male model before he entered politics, and Carol Burnett started her entertainment career as an usherette.
As you can tell, there is enough information here to add a thrill a minute to a trivia buff's life.
This is so much better than (reading) those run-of-the-mill best-selling romantic paps. Always a refreshing read.
SO much fun to read, though! I love this book.
- 6 People Whose Names Were Changed By Accident
- 8 Almost Indestructible People
- 14 Movie Stars Who Fell in Love on the Set
- 23 Actors and Actresses Who Turned Down Great Roles
- 9 Cats Who Traveled Long Distances to Return Home
- 5 of the World's Most Oft-Sighted Lake and Sea Monsters
- 10 Most Intelligent Breeds of Dog
- 15 Unusual Stolen Objects
- 23 Obscure and Obsolete Words
- The Truth About 16 Common Sayings
- 5 Remarkable Messages in Bottles
...and the lists just keep coming. There are lists created by the famous and influential included. There are odd lists and some that are just plain interesting. There will also probably some that you will skip over without much thought. If you like lists and a good read with ever-changing topics, then the Book of Lists is for you.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Compulsive reading, an eternal delight. For those who like their information in quick and interesting bites.Published 17 days ago by Brian Francis Stevenson
I love The Book of Lists series. Today, these lists would simply be a blog but I spend much of my childhood reading and loving these books. Highly recommended.Published 8 months ago by Ezekiel Tyrus
Years since I has seen the original (1970's?) this updated edition was I think from 2001Published 13 months ago by Sir Real One
This is a fun book to pick up at odd moments and browse.
It is always interesting wherever you open it.
As the author of 80 published nonfiction books, I really envied the authors who wrote this one: a great idea that sold millions of copies yet was SO easy to executive.Published on September 7, 2013 by Robert W. Bly
I originally purchased this book in 79 or 80. I was enamored with it. Now, older, I find it interesting. Definitely worth purchasing for anyone interested in trivia and facts. Read morePublished on July 13, 2013 by James G Orosco