Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Josh Ritter PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 813 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 884 reviews
I bought this book for my Kindle after reading Amazon's description of the main plot which sounded both interesting and compelling. The basic story-line had so much potential which, to me, the author never took the opportunity to run with or develop. I kept waiting for something to take form ... but it just never happened. The book contains, very little action, suspense or mystery. It does not make a moral statement or exhibit any specific philosophical point of view. Actually, there really is no story. The book is primarily commentary and discussions between a group of highly narcissistic, self-possessed main characters, each with their own independent thoughts and agenda. At the end of the book, the fate and history of an unusual archaeological discovery (A 300 million year-old, highly sophisticated woven piece of synthetic garment with a technologically advanced metal buckle attached to it) found at "The Dig" site in a remote African Forrest is NEVER even resolved! The main point of the book is simply tossed aside.
on March 20, 2017
The main character has the ability to read an objects history when he touch's it. So you have the present day plot line, and the plot line of the past that kicks in every time Matt touches the artifact. The story reads more fluid and is less confusing if it is read either cover to cover or in large chunks over a short period of time. On to book 2.
VINE VOICEon March 21, 2015
Purchased both the Kindle book and the audiobook, and ended up mainly listening to the book during my daily commute. I really enjoyed this novel. This is the first book I've read from this author and I'm looking forward to reading the sequel. I liked the story within a story with the journey of the Pwin-T people. The psychometry element was interesting too. This was a good book to read in the 30 minute chunks of time that is my back & forth commute.

The reader of the audiobook was pretty good - I liked the different voices & accents he was able to give to the different characters in the book.
on June 23, 2017
The premise for this novel is one I've never seen before and that's what drew me to it. The hero has an unusual gift that proves beneficial, first to his policeman father, and then to a group of archeologists.But his gift plays havoc with his life and health. He is pursued by people with good motives and by people with very bad motives. The problem is that he cannot escape from those he doesn't want to help. Just one touch and he is trapped. Good plot, story with tension and excitement, not to mention what might be revealed from thousands of years ago.
on January 1, 2017
The past really comes to life as you watch an ancient people try to flee an asteroid strike. What must it have been like for one man to lead over 3000 people through a dinosaur populated landscape. Live this incredible journey through the eyes of Matt and his touch with the incredible past.
on March 18, 2017
Don't find that many page turners. A REALLY interesting concept...like reading Burroughs when i was a kid. Few authors do that for me anymore. Guess I'll have to get the further adventures to see if he can keep it up. Five stars.
This is the first book by this author and I really was not aware that it was. The story of Matt Turner having an extraordinary gift is both astonishing and depressing. He wants to help with archaeology and "carbon" dating objects, but he also dislikes what it does to him. He also hates that he can't touch anything without seeing it's history.

This story was superbly written and I could not put it down. It was a very gripping read and I really got into the story. I was so impressed with the writing and liked the story so much that I told my husband (who almost never reads) that he should read it. He finally did (probably to shut me up) and he was actually happy he listened to me. The book does end in a cliffhanger so beware but I wouldn't let that deter you from reading it. You won't be sorry.
on March 11, 2015
I can see interesting sequels coming. The main characters are intertwined in such a way that it's easy to see the continuum for future stories. The chapters are well broken up with present time/prehistoric era given equal space...neither one takes precedent over the other for most of the book. I started reading this book to kill some time before a NASCAR race....OOPS....missed the crashes, had to watch the re-runs. Then, I thought, well, O.K. I'll just read until the championship golf comes on...OOPS...had to watch the birdy holes on re-plays. The next day I was almost late coming back from lunch at work....you get the idea...COULD NOT PUT THIS DOWN. I think one of the "animals" mentioned were velociraptors. Don't want to give too much away.
The ethics and philosophy of leadership is an interesting note...makes you wonder if our leaders (or any world leaders, for that matter) go through some of the angst of the "hero". I would like to think they do and can recognize their own flaws.
I would recommend reading this book for sure, as it's the start of a great series (hence, book 1), that shouldn't be missed.
on July 25, 2015
This was a pretty good, if somewhat simplistic, story with lots of potential. There were a few eye-rolling rolling moments with the contemporary characters behaving out of character, and I wish there had been more build-up and explanation of Matt's talent before jumping right into the story, but it was enjoyable, especially the secondary story within the story.

SPOILERISH COMMENT:

However, I groaned audibly when reading the epilogue, an obvious and extremely annoying cliff hanger. I utterly despise this trend in books and don't want to encourage it. It's cheap and wrong. I'm considering NOT buying the next book in the series because I don't want to reward this behavior and I feel manipulated by it.

Except for this flaw, the book was a decent, light-weight read. Not brilliant, but not terrible, except for that thing I just mentioned.

I'd probably give it a B- overall, but the end brings it to C-.
on April 2, 2017
Excellent writing with few grammatical or punctuation errors. As a writer, myself, I know how difficult this is. Good character developement, though I hope there is more background on Tuni in the next book. Speaking of Tuni, I believe there were hints of Matt being able to read people; if this is so, why can't he read Tuni? Just curious. Great read, and looking forward to the second book!