Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 101-110 of 364 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 652 reviews
on August 4, 2006
Hopefully that's what YOUR business already is! Port's website has been a boon for me since I was pointed there by a marketing coach about 2 years ago. I love his updates and "feel" that he's the 'real-deal.'

His book puts all his collected knowledge on the line for the taking.

I've been saying "no" to less than perfect clients since about 6 months after opening my doors - and its so nice to feel like I'm the same page with someone I look up to!

That's just one of the pluses of this book -- the down-to-earth style is great - like personal coaching; the exercises are useful and effective at moving you forward with your vision for the future of your marketing.

A must have for service professionals who don't have an unlimited budget (yet) for coaching!

Peggie Arvidson
Awaken Your Soul and Change the World
Using your unique communication techniques
on May 28, 2014
Michael Port's Book Yourself Solid is a must-read for anyone either launching or running a service-based business. In fact, if you're seeking heart-based, spiritually attuned advice on how to attract more clients in an authentic way, I urge you all the more to read Port's book! From using language that helps others to tap your passion, to networking with generosity and confidence, Port's advice is sage, powerful, and warm -- and makes really great sense. What's more, Port's voice is so genuine and compelling that Book Yourself Solid is an easy and enjoyable read. I honestly wouldn't do without this book. I'm so glad I found it. Wonderful!
on May 6, 2006
I've read quite a few books pertaining to sales and marketing and most of them don't really apply to my business as I'm not directly involved in sales. The thing that I like best about this book is how the concepts presented can be applied to just about any job you can imagine.

Port breaks sales and marketing down to several easy steps that are both engaging and fun and not in any way intimidating. He offers specific instructions for developing a mindset and plan that - he argues - will keep your name on the tip of your client's tongue. Truthfully - hundreds of ideas are presented to attract new customers, keep your existing ones, and get a ton of referrals. It seems almost too easy. It's refreshing to find a book that's so helpful and unpretentious.

There's no real groundbreaking news here - an excellent product delivered on time and within budget will always win praise - but the book is well written and a very easy read.
on January 3, 2016
Great book to get your business started right. Thought this was the latest version but it wasn't. My fault. Be sure to check the copyright date and get the latest version (2010) so you get all the relevant information.
on November 15, 2013
As a lawyer with no business experience, I was not sure what approach to take. I was concerned with using a one-size-fits all approach for service professions because the requirements for lawyers are very different. However, I've been amazed at how fitting Michael's system is for my needs. Instead of taking a narrow view and finding reasons why it won't work, I am embracing the recommendations and realizing that I'm setting myself a part in a great way by incorporating it into my practice.

I haven't gotten through the entire system/book as of yet, but it inspires and encourages me to keep going! I'm only finishing up week 2 of my new business/law practice. I already feel it flourishing based on the focused and intuitive "Book Yourself Solid" approach. I'm definitely a fan.
on January 9, 2014
Above all else, this book will help you to work through the process of:

Figuring out who your ideal customers are: the people with whom you will do your best and most rewarding work (because doing your best work with your ideal clients is not only personally enriching, but encourages sustained growth: conversely, working with "bad" clients is emotionally draining and ultimately detrimental to your business, even when "bad" clients pay well), and then

Reaching these people: the hows and whys of marketing to them.

This book is an invaluable resource and should be required reading for any small business owner or entrepreneur, particularly those who are focused on offering professional services.
on January 17, 2016
as a sales rep I have really enjoyed this book. The principle of time is money and how to schedule yourself properly is awesome. It has really helped me to understand what I need to do as a sales rep.
on July 4, 2012
I believe this is one of the few 'must' reads books I have come across for those that run their own business. I really got a lot out of the information provided and it have given me a list of things that I need to do to work on and improve my business.

The book is easy to read and takes you through a logic progression of helping you understand what your business is, what it does and how it can help customers. I particularly like the focus on building a business that aims to satisfy customers. I also like the take aways at the end of each chapter which provide you a list of tasks to perform. This, I believe, makes it much easier to transform the material into actions. The difference here is that is helps you understand what customers you really want and respond to which means you'll provide a much better service to them rather than simply taking on any old client.

The book covers a lot of ground and includes strategies around web sites, Facebook, Twitter, and all the current technologies. I would certainly say that if you ran a business you should sit down and not only read this book but also but on your shelf for reference. To me, this an indication of a 'must-read' book. Not only is it worthwhile the first time you read it but every other time you do.

All in all, a really well laid out, easy to read book brimmed full of helpful ideas and steps to follow.
on December 26, 2015
As a independent contract language interpreter finding strategies for marketing are basically non existent, that is until I read this book. I found several strategies that I will be able to implement.
on October 25, 2015
Awesome book! Been applying these principles to my own business. I am looking forward to seeing it grow to being Booked Solid! Has helped me think about things I never thought of before and where I need to make improvements.