Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Shop Now STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 4, 2009 2:40:41 PM PST
bookworm says:
It's only 320 pages? I hope it's not like the fourth one, has anyone read it yet?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2009 4:49:09 PM PST
Zoe South says:
oh really? that sucks how long were the others?

Posted on Mar 5, 2009 9:40:47 AM PST
bookworm says:
The fourth one was short, but then the ones before were longer. Oh well, hope it's worth it!

Posted on Mar 6, 2009 10:54:41 PM PST
PlanetHell says:
It's actually 70 pages longer than the last one...
The others were around 410 pages, the 4th was about 250, and this one is 320..

Posted on Mar 7, 2009 12:02:52 PM PST
Well, at least it's a little bit more than The Final Warning. I'm just looking for this one to redeem the fourth, so more pages, the better (I hope)!

Posted on Mar 7, 2009 12:32:21 PM PST
bookworm says:
Yea the fourth one didn't have enough action, hope this one is awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2009 7:18:34 AM PDT
yeah i just got it yesterday from my public library and it rocks this is one of the best books he has written and ive read almost all of the ones that has come out only one i havent is the one that came out last month

Posted on Mar 17, 2009 6:35:48 PM PDT
Do you have to read the 4th book to understand the 5th? With all the horrible reviews on the 4th, I just want to skip right over it

Posted on Mar 18, 2009 1:45:43 PM PDT
Actually, you don't. Everything is explained in this book over again (there's not much to explain, trust me). I recommend only reading this book, MAX. I like to pretend that The Final Warning never existed, myself. =)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2009 9:28:58 AM PDT
Thank you, I am new to the maximum ride series and I when I read the reviews over book four I was scared.. so thank you for telling me I can skip right over this one.

Posted on Mar 23, 2009 6:45:14 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 23, 2009 6:45:46 AM PDT
Katie P. says:
I never got the whole Fang/ lady scientist thing that was in the fourth book.... What was that about? I'm ordering the fifth book from the library... I can't wait!!!

Posted on Apr 8, 2009 6:53:17 AM PDT
Pam Arrant says:
My eleven year old nephew is a huge fan of the Harry Potter series. The Harry Potter books basically showed him how enjoyable reading can be. But I also believe that he thinks it has to be Harry Potter to be fun so I am trying to encourage him to read more often along with a much greater variety. His mother and I are very much avid readers so we would love it if Dylan grew to appreciate books like us. He is extremely excited about my purchase of the Kindle 2 because he thinks it is just too cool!!! (just like his Aunt) So I feel now is the perfect opportunity to introduce him to other authors and books. I just happened to come across this Max series while looking at available books for his age. I personally own every Patterson book written so obviously I thoroughly enjoy his writings that are more adult driven. But strangely enough, I was not familiar with the Maximum books. So to make a long story short (haha), do you fellow readers that have enjoyed this series believe that my nephew would really love and get as excited about them as well? Your reviews and discussion answers have gotten me extremely enthusiastic about Max so I am keeping my fingers crossed!!!! But I don't want to spend the money to download them if he doesn't take advantage and read them. I want to go ahead and thank everyone who takes the time to respond to my question? It is much appreciated!! Happy Reading!!

Posted on Apr 24, 2009 8:49:05 AM PDT
Who knows? says:
Yes, he'd love it. I believe I have responded to your comment on the forum titled "Is it appropriate?" See that, please!
I'd recommend reading MR4, seeing as it's short and introduces new powers and a new character that is featured in MAX. And it's supposed to have 320 pages, but mine only has 309, yet it does not seem to be defective. If I include the preview of "Witch and Wizard", it still only has 314. Any clues on if there's anything wrong? 'Cause I really don't want to send it back, sentimental value and all (I prefer to own the copy that I first read).
No one worry. The fifth was pure awesomeness, and personally, I think it was the funniest. There were some eco-friendly stuff slipped in, and the paragraph on the jacket saying: "When they are confronted with the most frightening ecological catastrophe yet..." makes it appear unattractive, but this time, it works, it fits, and it's subtle and not a political message. Bottome line? It's worth it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2009 12:40:36 PM PDT
Pam Arrant says:
Thanks again Who know's!!!!

Posted on Apr 28, 2009 1:02:03 PM PDT
amberheart says:
I read the Harry Potter series in fourth grade and think they are the best! And for Maximum Ride (the first one) I read that in 11 hours from when I bought it at Barnes and Noble. I just finished the third one and was a little disappointed when I saw how thin tthe 4th one was compared to the others. Oh well. They probably will all be great. Fang rox meh sox! Yah!

Posted on May 18, 2009 3:11:50 PM PDT
Who knows? says:
I feel good now. ^-^

Posted on Jun 24, 2009 10:03:06 AM PDT
Moonshadow says:
my friend is obsessed she wants to marry fang xD

amberheart, are you by any chance a warriors fan???

Posted on Nov 10, 2009 9:02:36 PM PST
Megan Green says:
imposible.
I'm gonna marry Fang.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Mar 4, 2009
Latest post:  Nov 10, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Max (Maximum Ride)
Max (Maximum Ride) by James Patterson (Paperback - January 1, 2010)
4.4 out of 5 stars (440)