Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $5.04 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Bookkeeping For Dummies Paperback – December 31, 2014
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
- Manage assets and liabilities
- Track business transactions accurately with ledgers and journals
- Prepare balance sheets, income statements, tax forms, payroll, and more
The easy way to boost your bookkeeping skills
Accurate and complete bookkeeping is crucial, but jumping in headfirst without knowing your accounts from your balance sheets can confuse even the most astute businessperson. That’s where this friendly guide helps! Brimming with easy-to-follow, plain-English instruction, it gets you up and running on the latest bookkeeping techniques in no time.
- So, you want to do the books? — delve into bookkeeping basics, manage daily finances, and run tests for ensuring accuracy
- The proof is in the pudding — keep a precise and well-organized paper trail with ledgers, journals, and the latest bookkeeping software options
- A day in the life of a bookkeeper — get familiar with the day-to-day operations that will keep your books afloat, from tracking your purchases and counting your sales to reporting employer-paid taxes
- Days gone by — prepare the books for year’s (or month’s) end, pay and collect interest, close the journals, check your accuracy, and adjust the books
- It’s not over ‘til it’s over — produce an income statement, complete year-end payroll and reports, satisfy the tax man, and prep the books for a new accounting cycle
Open the book and find:
- The lowdown on basic accounting methods
- Bookkeeping tools that manage daily finances
- Steps to set up your Chart of Accounts
- How to customize accounting software to match your needs
- Ways to manage your business cash with your books
- Tips for developing a financial statement worksheet
- The ten most important accounts for any bookkeeper
About the Author
Lita Epstein, MBA, designs and teaches online courses in investing, finance, and taxes. She is the author of Trading For Dummies and Bookkeeping Workbook For Dummies.
Browse award-winning titles. See more