Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Nothing More PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Vampire Academy forum

Books with similar main character to Rose--not the genre...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 21, 2012, 4:52:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 21, 2012, 4:57:02 PM PDT
Madeline says:
So I've grown kind of sick of the teen in a paranormal highschool who has to save the world etc... stories, but I've yet to find very many books--adult or y/a--that have as cool main characters as Rose. Aka tough, intelligent, rebellious, witty, funny, not perfect yet not without kindness, compassion or other redeeming traits--in short total bamfs. Can anyone give me some good recs on books with main characters like her? (Excellent plots and writing in addition to this are a given). An extreme adult version of what I'm talking about would be Mallory from the Carol O'Connell "Mallory" series....

I've already read "The Hunger Games (loved)," "Graceling (so-so)," "Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" series (disliked for it's total lack of humor), "Divergent" (liked), and several other obvious ones...

(Also, Please please please no one say Twilight--Bella is pretty much the antithesis of what I'm talking about).

Thanks!

Posted on Mar 5, 2015, 10:13:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 16, 2015, 5:40:14 PM PDT
Toni says:
Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost. Same genre Adult series (Not sure if this is a negative for you). Cat is similar to Rose. She's a half vampire breed as well. She's an adult so no school issues etc. In the series she's the second half breed to have been born, and the only living one. Half Breeds are extremely rare. The series has Ghouls, Ghost, Demons, Vampires, and a few other supernatural entities show up as well. Cat is tough, beautiful, compassionate, loving, strong willed, and should never be underestimated.

You might try the Georgina Kincaid series by Richelle Mead as well. Adult series has some explicit scenes. Georgina is a strong willed, near immortal, succubus that can shape shift. The series has, demons, angels, succubi, nephilim, dream/multi-dimensional creatures, vampires (they don't play a big roll in this series), and other creatures. An epic love story. This is my favorite series at the moment.

Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. Might be dissapointed with the ending.

Realized too late this post is from 2012. Maybe it'll help someone else looking for recommendations.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Vampire Academy forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Apr 21, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 5, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
Vampire Academy
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (Paperback - 2009)
4.5 out of 5 stars (1,455)