Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 130 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 173 reviews
on December 31, 2013
Pros: If you've played bookworm before it's very similar. The DS has to be held sideways (on the DS lite) the left screen gives you the bonus words etc... while the right screen is for you to create the words. Easy lay out on the eyes. If you like games like Words with Friends or Scrabble you will enjoy bookworm. Allows you to build your skills. When you create certain words you get new books in your library. This can be fun as you try to find other words in those books to keep building that book up etc...

Cons: Sometimes it puts the word in before I am done linking the rest of the letters. Example: See instead of Seen I noticed if you keep the stylus on the screen after clicking the first letter and then linking the letters it goes much better but if you pick it up & you made a word already it will take it. Drives me a bit nuts. Other times you have to hit Enter for it to take the word. Maybe it is just me & how I use it but it's one of those annoying things as you could of made a bigger word.
VINE VOICEon January 11, 2011
For quite some time now I have been caught in the middle of a "war" between my grandkids and my "kids" (now all grown up and raising kids of their own). The grandkids love fun, adventure, computer games, almost anything Nintendo and of course the DSi(s). On the other hand their parents are constantly giving me flak about the grandkids playing too many games, not learning anything, etc. So I bought this and several other educational games as a way to satisfy both sides. We are very satisfied with the game and we have had it over a year. The grandkids are doing great in school and I believe buying them games like this has helped. The product description is accurate. That seems to be the trick with my 7 grandkids; make learning fun and some type of adventure and they will soak up knowledge like a sponge. Otherwise learning is boring to them and they quickly lose interest. Very pleased. 1st Grade granddaughter by the way is reading at a 2nd-3rd Grade level.
on December 28, 2009
After putting in a couple hundred hours with Bookworm on the Gameboy Advance, I did not know if Bookworm on the DS would be able to be fresh enough to hold my attention for very long. Thankfully, it has held my attention for over 60 hours thus far. Bookworm is a perfect game for the touchscreen of the DS. Users can move through the game very quickly thanks to the touchscreen. While forming words alone is a lot of fun, Bookworm on the DS now has added things like the library you can build up, the medal system of categorized words to try to gain, and a very detailed stat-tracking page. I also really like trying to get the bonus words offered, as they give you massive points. People who are more casual about gaming should enjoy the fact that Bookworm is a very forgiving game. It's pretty to tough to actually "lose." I am over 60 hours in and still on my first game. I have come close to having the burning tiles reach the bottom on two occasions, but thankfully was able to wriggle out of the situations. Overall, Bookworm is an upgrade over the GBA version, and tremendous fun for those folks who enjoy word games.
on February 26, 2010
When I was looking through Amazon's selection of puzzles and word games for Nintendo DS, I happened upon Bookworm. I had never played it before so I tried it online prior to purchase, and I was hooked. The object is simple: to create words by using letters on tiles that drop down Tetris-style; the catch is that all the tiles you use must touch each other. The longer the word, the higher the score. Repeated play adds to the cumulative score, and you build your library room by room as you go. Definitions even pop up for certain more obscure words and there are all kinds of stats for measuring your progress. I've found this game to be highly addictive and great fun; hardly a day goes by that I don't play it for a while. Bookworm is a simple game, but don't let that put you off, because often the simple games are the ones that stand the test of time. If you're a fan of word games, you're sure to like Bookworm - highly recommended.
on December 12, 2009
I love Bookworm online, as well as the deluxe version for PC and Mac, so I was very excited to try it on my DS, since I can take it anywhere. I am thrilled with it! Everything you love about Bookworm is here, along with a few extra fun things.

Create words from the adjacent tiles to clear them from the board and earn points and books to put on shelves in your library. As you earn books and fill the shelves, you fill up and complete rooms in your library. Each room has a different theme and you get a little bonus when each is finished. As you complete more rooms, your library expands. You can visit the rooms on your map and see what you have accomplished!

My favorite new and challenging feature is collecting books and words. There are twenty books, each containing twelve words. When you create a word in one of the books, the book is unlocked and you can see the rest of the words needed to complete the book. For example, I unlocked the book "Insects" by making the word "ant". To complete the book I need to create "bee, wasp, roach, ladybug", etc. This is not as easy as it seems!! There are many fun collections to complete, and while I haven't finished a book yet, I imagine there will be a fun bonus when I do! Books are easily accessible from the main screen so you can check to see which books still needs words, and what words are needed.

My only teeny tiny complaint with this game is barely a blip on the radar, however I'm just a slight bit annoyed that when clearing tiles an extra tap is required after the word is finished. On the computer version, holding the mouse button while making words, and then just releasing it will clear the word. While holding the stylus to make the word on the DS, it has to be lifted and then tapped at the end of the word. Very picky, but it is what it is.

There is not a left-handed option on this game that I can find. That seems an obvious necessity, but for some reason was not included in this version.

Overall this game is fantastic, I am completely addicted!!
on March 6, 2017
Finally I can play one of my favorite computer puzzles games , now on my 3DS. Yay!🤗
on May 16, 2017
A great game that requires you to use the brain the good Lord gave you.I love how the tension mounts as the letters start burning and your choices for words get fewer and the game gets faster.
VINE VOICEon February 10, 2010
Book Worm for the DS is a blast! If you like word games this game will be great fun for you! The graphics are fabulous and the game of finding words in a screen of tiles before the hot tile starts a fire is a blast.

I have really enjoyed this game and don't see myself getting tired of it. As you play and create words with the tiles you also create books that are made of categories of words such as bugs, colors, numbers, etc. You also decorate rooms in your house as you make words. The more words you make the more stuff pops up in your themed rooms. It's really a nice twist on the game for the DS. My kids and I both love the game and can play for hours. There is a challange level to play with others and there is also an action level that includes more burning tiles for tougher game play.

This is a wonderful game that makes you think so it's like exercising your brain at the same time that you are playing. This is one of the top games in my collection and the worm is very cute - he also gives you definitions of words as you create them. All is all this is a great game with lots to offer if you enjoy word puzzle games. It's really a lot of fun and is super fun for the DS.
VINE VOICEon August 20, 2014
I played the game and loved it. Now, my guy friend has the game and plays everyday, and I mean everyday, for the last 4-6 years! He's wearing out the Nintendo DS, but still can't stop playing! Watch out, this is one addictive game.
on January 10, 2010
THIS IS A GREAT GAME. IT IS VERY ADDICTING AND FUN. I ACTUALLY LEARNED SOME NEW WORDS FROM PLAYING. IT IS REALLY NEAT, ALMOST LIKE A BOGGLE BUT THE LETTERS DISAPPEAR AS YOU USE THEM TO FORM WORDS AND THE OTHER LETTERS IN THE COLUMNS YOU USED MOVE DOWNWARD AS YOU FORM WORDS. SOME LETTERS THAT COME IN APPEAR ON FIRE, BUT AS LONG AS YOU GET RID OF THEM BY FORMING WORDS YOU WON'T BURN DOWN THE LIBRARY AND LOSE THE GAME. I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND THIS FOR YOUNG CHILDREN UNLESS THEY ARE TEENAGERS, I THINK ITS INTENDED MORE FOR ADULTS. I THINK ADULTS COULD APPRECIATE THIS GAME MORE. IT IS A GREAT GAME FOR THOSE WHO LOVE PUZZLES. THOSE ARE THE GAMES I USUALLY LOVE BUYING. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS ONE. I ALSO AM IN COMPETITION WITH MY HUSBAND WITH THIS GAME TO SEE HOW FAR WE BOTH COULD GET WITHOUT BURNING DOWN THE LIBRARY. GIVE IT A CHANCE, YOU WON'T BE SORRY.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question