Spring Deals Automotive Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

Bookworm - Nintendo DS

on May 16, 2017
A great game that requires you to use the brain the good Lord gave you.I love how the tension mounts as the letters start burning and your choices for words get fewer and the game gets faster.
on January 18, 2010
I love the original Bookworm game for the PC. I have the Gameboy version of this game and it is great. I bought this version for the DS expecting it to be the same. I don't know why, but they changed the orientation of this version so it has to be played with the DS in a vertical (portrait) layout. I am left handed, and it is not comfortable to play it in this way. I wish they would have included a way to change the orientation.
on April 11, 2013
When I read descriptions from other websites, I purchased this product hoping that it would include the classic version AND a version of the Bookworm Adventures series. Instead it was just a remodeled and jazzed-up version of the classic game. Not to say that that's a bad thing, it does make it interesting, but it wasn't what I had hoped for. Hopefully POPCAP will release a Bookworm Adventures DS game in the near future, but for now, this game is still interesting and acceptable.
on August 21, 2013
I chose this rating because I absolutely love this game. Have played it on my computer for ages and now I can play it wherever I go with my Nintendo DS. Took it on my latest trip to Denver and it helped to while away the time at the airport as well as on the plane.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I never played this before, and had no idea what it would be like. I don't really play Scrabble, so I wasn't sure this was something that I would enjoy. The best way I can describe it (if you aren't familiar with it) is Tetris with letters! You make words by highlighting adjacent letters...then those tiles disolve and the whole column goes down. You get points for how long your word is, or if it has any "bonus" type letters in it. I don't think you ever run out of letters...you just sort of get stuck with a pile of Us and Zs if you aren't careful! There are also burning tiles that you need to use before they get to the bottom or it ends that round.

I really didn't want to put it down once I got the gist of it. It was fun trying to find words in the array of letters. Sometimes there would be a word I got credit for, but didn't even know and clicked accidentally. The only problem is not every word you pick is "defined" by the worm. Some are, the bookworm dude will put up a definition so you can read it, but not every word is there...I guess that would take too much memory. Overall it is quite fun...I started out with 3-4 letter words (3 is minimum) and got better at planning where tiles would align so I could bet bigger words and more points. Fun game!
on January 28, 2013
This is a fun game for kids and adults. Got this for a senior, who really likes crossword puzzles. She can't get enough of this game!
on March 1, 2011
I think this game is great for all ages. From 8 years of age thru Adult. This game keeps me busy for hours on end. However, you have to like word games! It expands much more than the free version that you see on-line. Great to take along on trips.

My granddaughter age 8 has played it as well. She found it a challenge - doesn't like to get those "red-flamed" tiles, but she also found it a bit boring as it didn't have "action." She did like it very much when she unlocked a new group of words and filled up the library. Actually, I thought it was helping build her vocabulary.

A definite buy!
on May 9, 2010
i purchased this game because i love to play my daughters Webkinz beaver game! this is on the same level. at my age i feel like it keeps my brain sharp:) i play this game every chance i get! well worth the price! love to order from Amazon because alot of these games are not available in stores and i think the price would be higher if they would be!
on January 19, 2011
I actually had purchased this game for my kids ages 8 and 9. After reviewing the game it became clear I would need my own so I wouldn't have to share it. That is when I found the game on Amazon and purchased my own and I love it. This game can also be played by two players on two DS systems for competition. Very Fun!!
on September 29, 2011
I had never played BOOKWORM on any format before so didn't know what I was in for. I have always loved Scrabble but this is a far faster thinking game. I have had more fun with this game than anything I've purchased or done in a very long time. GREAT game. LOVE the worm.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question