Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only $29.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on March 9, 2012
This is one of my favorite Scholastic Read-along DVDs! The stories are all so CUTE!!!

CHICKA CHICKA BOOM BOOM is a great alphabet sing! It has a very singable chorus (I'm a music teacher, so I really appreciate a good sing-along story!), and is animated very well

WILD ABOUT BOOKS is an adorable story with very current references to popular children's books. The animals are illustrated by the same guy that illustrates the "Arthur" series, although I find these illustrations even more whimsical than Arthur. The best part is during the credits, they made fake bloopers!!!! SO funny and cute!!!!!

INCH BY INCH is a great story about an inchworm who proves his usefulness by measuring different parts of different birds (the tail of a robin, the legs of a stork, etc.) so that he won't be eaten! He finally comes across a stubborn nightingale who tells him to measure his song or he'll eat the inchworm! Beautifully illustrated, and very cute!

FIVE CREATURES is an awesome book! It's a girl who has a unique way of looking at her family (a mother, a father, and two cats), such as "There are five creatures in our house. Three that have orange hair and two that have grey hair. Four that like fish, and one that doesn't." It's a fun new way of looking at any kind of family. It reminds me of the cute little things about my own family that my dad would point out to us. Very creative!

The 3 bonus stories were filmed several years back, which is reflected in the quality of the video (and audio), but it doesn't take away from the experience at all (in my opinion).

BLUEBERRIES FOR SAL is a classic story that I wasn't familiar with, but it has a cute little plot, and the illustrations are very nice! It's about a toddler and her mom picking blueberries, and a mother and baby bear eating blueberries, and what happens when they accidentally cross paths (it's not as violent as it sounds...in fact, it's not violent at all!) There's nothing special about the telling of the story, there's no animation, but it's a nice story, so it's nice to hear!

A STORY, A STORY is my favorite book on this DVD! Between the illustrations and the narrator, it paints such a fascinating, beautiful picture with so much character! I can't say enough about it! The story is about how Anansi won the gold box full of all the stories ever told. As you may know, Anansi is a clever being, so he tricks his way to the solution - I know I've used the word "cute" way too much in this review, but it's just so fitting for every one of these stories!!

MILLIONS OF CATS was one of my favorite stories when I was little, so I was excited to see it on this DVD! Like "Blueberries for Sal" there's nothing special about it, but it's a nice little story, and I still love it!

SO cute. End of story.
on November 27, 2016
Preschoolers and teachers love this rendition of the book. It's a catchy song and the animated art work makes great visuals. A staple for literacy curriculum and it can be taken home for fun reinforcement.
Blueberries for Sal is a beloved story that makes for a wonderful bonus, and the other extras are icing on the cake.
on February 11, 2013
My 6 year old son really wanted the DVD to this story (I didn't even know one existed) so I found this one and got it for him. It must have been the right one as he loved it. I noticed that the story teller is different than the CD who has Ray Charles narrate, but he doesn't seem to care. The visuals are not real animated as its more what I would call screen bouncing like those old school Dr. Seuss read along stories.
on June 2, 2014
My four year old grandson loves it. He already knew his ABC's, but he wanted to watch Chicka Chicka Boom Boom non stop for 2 to 4 weeks. My nephew was the same way at age 4.
on August 16, 2013
Our family loves this DVD. It is entertaining and we love the bonus stories, which allows children to see a story that they may not be familiar with. I am familiar with Blueberries for Sal and my grandchildren enjoyed this story for the first time on this DVD. We have the Chicka Chicka set of books and it is great to watch this story come to life on this wonderful DVD.
on May 28, 2014
Daughter Loves these dvd's
loves singing and dancing to them!!
great learning experience!!
great for young children to learn fun song to learn there numbers and ABC's
on December 13, 2016
My toddler loves this DVD!
on July 15, 2016
A true American Classic!! Kids still love it 20 years later!!
on August 27, 2015
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is great but the other stories included don't hold my toddler's interest... and to be honest, they are incredibly boring. A big bummer since I really only paid for a few minutes of a song.
on April 5, 2016