Industrial Deals HPC Children of Blood and Bone Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on January 15, 2013
I have had the Boombotix for a little over six months now. When I first received it, I thought the sound was decent and the portability and the look of the speaker were great. Some shortcomings that I noticed at first. The bluetooth is a little wonky. I have multiple devices that I use for the speaker, but unlike my bluetooth headset and my buddy's Monster iClarityHD, I need to disconnect the speaker from my phone before I can pair it with my tablet. It will not automatically pair with the new device. It also does not turn off automatically when there is no signal for an extended period of time. Also, unlike the Monster, it does not have a microphone so it cannot be used as a speaker phone.

I dealt with these in the beginning and was still fairly satisfied with it as a speaker, until after a few months of use, the power button began to fail. I have to press hard and hold several times before the unit powers on or off and to switch from bluetooth to aux input. I have taken it to the beach a few times, but it has not been buried in the sand by any means and it has not taken any falls. It just slowly began to fail.

If you are looking for a simple speaker which is loud and has okay sound quality, this may be for you. But if you are looking for quality sound and build, I would look at another product. It is really too bad, because I did like the look and feel of the Boombotix. It just did not meet up to my mild expectations.
on May 17, 2013
After doing a bunch of research, I decided to buy the Boombotix BB2. I ride my bicycle a TON and never felt that safe wearing headphones (in NYC and New Jersey), but I love to ride with music. This little thing is perfect for what I need! It's loud, I can leave my phone in my backpack and the music streams perfectly. I also bring this thing in the shower so I can have some tunes while I get so fresh and so clean. Also, when I get home from work, I can plug this bad boy into my stereo receiver and play music from my phone as it charges (I used to have to plug my phone in directly, but due to the setup, I wasn't able to charge at the same time).

I highly suggest picking this speaker up. Boombotix makes a superior product. The new version has a mic so you can take calls, but this is not something I need so I opted for this one. Plus, this one looks way cooler to me.
on December 8, 2012
It would only play with the audio cable, the Bluetooth option works only sometimes, and I am often listening music with the cable while I use my phone and cant even move because my phone is attached to the speakers. I only bought this because I wanted to move around my place with my phone while listening to misic. Without the bluetooth option, I ended up buying a very expensive regular speaker.
I talked to the seller and they will only refund 100% of my money if they can make sure about the problem, since it works sometimes I'm risking that it would work when they get it and I will lose money. Do not buy this product, is a waste of money since u cannot return it and receive all your money back.
on September 30, 2011
Let me start by saying I have been looking for some Bluetooth speakers for a long time, but just didn't have the guts to drop to much money on one. Naturally, my first go-to's for this type of product was going to be the Jawbone Jambox. With further research, I found out that is was based of another bluetooth speakers, the soundmatter's brand. However, it was still the same price! These caught my eye when I saw they were only $60 so I decided to purchase and give it a go. Man was I impressed! The sound quality isn't as good as the Jawbone, but man can it fill a room. My only gripe with these is I never know when it is fully charged. It is suppose to turn solid green, but mine doesn't. Just a little annoyance.

Get yourself one! You won't regret it!
22 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 9, 2013
I just wanted to say, "thanks for your hard work and the outstanding quality of your product." 5 of my friends now have Boombotix speakers and love them. Can't wait for my Boombotix Rex to come in spring 2013. Looking forward to future product designs.
on November 7, 2013
This little speaker is fantastic and surprisingly loud for its size! I love how portable it is. It's so easy to share your music by using the clip and bringing the tunes with you as you're walking around, biking, or floating above the mountains on a ski lift. It's also very intuitive to use and easy to pair with your phone using Bluetooth. I've paired it with both Android and Apple devices and have had no issues. Highly recommend this product for anyone who loves music.
on December 1, 2015
I could not live without my Boombot2
on March 14, 2013
I wear my Boombot2 because a) wearing headphones while riding on the street with traffic is dangerous and b) making a bit of noise as I roll down the road keeps pedestrians from stepping in front of me without looking.

The speaker itself clips nicely onto my bag's shoulder strap. The audio is clear enough for listening outdoors and, most importantly, gets rather loud. Most of my listening is via Bluetooth (wires while riding are annoying). A few other reviewers have commented on the poor bass performance and I'm confirming it now. It's not obnoxious, but the bit of distortion that you'll hear when a drum kicks is noticeable. You'll have that, I guess.

Mostly, I'm glad to have a rugged clip speaker with Bluetooth that I can drop and sweat on without worrying.

If I had one wish for the Boombot2, it'd be the ability to skip tracks when streaming audio via Bluetooth. I think that feature will be added to the upcoming BoomBotix Rex, which I'll likely be upgrading to later.
on November 29, 2012
I was so excited in getting the BB2 speaker because of the hype my friend gave me. Once I started to play with it, I fell in love it!! It was small enough to bring around in a bag/backpack, really loud, had an extendable wire to plug into my iPhone headphone jack, and it looked cool. The only issue I had was with the Bluetooth setting. At first it didn't even go into Bluetooth mode, then when I finally got it to work, it didn't stay connected for a long time. I got really frustrated with it tha I stop trying to use it, I just used the headphone jack. Then randomly, I decided to try it again, a few days later..... Long behold the Bluetooth started to work (for now)!!!! I gave a 3/5 because not only the Bluetooth wasn't too reliable, I had no knowledge on what was the issue and how to fix it. I could have sent it back for a replacement, but that would of taken weeks. It's still a great system and would recommend it to all my friends because at least almost every device I have has a headphone jack. If you don't want to take your chance with the Bluetooth setting, then get the BB1!
on January 4, 2014
It has a good sound and can be very loud without noticeable distortion. It is light and will travel with me. There was no problem connecting to it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.