Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 377 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 417 reviews
on February 13, 2016
This was a really cool light but over the past year it has drastically changed colors from the bright white to a dingy yellow. We are a smoke free house and it was cleaned regularly. The light sat on a night stand next to my sons bedroom window and it seems the plastic dis colored from the sun. For $70 I think it could have been made way better (I placed the lamp in my white kitchen sink to show the true color it is now!)

***Update - I wrote to Boons customer service and they are replacing the light. They said it is not normal and they want their quality control team to look at it. I'm pretty impressed that after 1.5 years they are replacing it
review image
on December 28, 2014
I was familiar with the Boon nightlight since we saw it in person while creating our baby registry. What I was shipped is NOT a Boon product. It is a cheap imitation.The "balls" are not detachable but merely plastic domes that imitate the look. PLEASE BEWARE when you order and read where the item originates and you might have to pay closer to regular price. Sometimes a deal is not a good deal. The lights on mine also start to show through the plastic halfway up the trumpet shaped tube and it comes wired for a European outlet with an American adapter. I'm disappointed but after 20 minutes of my son trying to take the balls out, he just enjoys it as a light, hence the three stars.
review image review image
on November 14, 2013
I was simply startled at the "cheapness" of this lamp. When you look closely, it has the feel of a fifteen dollar lamp, not a fifty-five dollar lamp. I feel as though I have been ripped off.

Aside from the overall cheapness of construction, the glow balls are super thin, and the seams are clearly visible, which is not visually appealing.

The switch/lever that turns the lamp on/off and changes colors does not protrude very far from the base, so it is difficult to operate for a person with short fingernails. Because the lamp is so lightweight, this switch/lever cannot be used one-handed because the lamp will slide across the table before the switch/lever moves. That assumes you can find the very subtle, low profile switch/lever. In the dark, one-handed, on your bedside table? Forget it.

The product still gets a couple of stars for novelty, but it is an overpriced, low quality item, which is surviving on novelty alone.
Fortunately, the seller was Amazon, not a Marketplace seller, and they have a good return policy. Kudos to Amazon!
on January 8, 2015
Junk if it is mailed from China. I just got 2 of these from amazon and they arrived directly from China. They DO NOT WORK. It came with an adapter since the plug was euro. I take the balls out after charging all day and they DO NOT GLOW. I am sending back. Like the concept and I will see if they have these at bbb too. We bought 2 so I know it wasn't one that malfunctioned. Kids were so disappointed.

I am seriously confused on the rave reviews. Do some people not get the knock off?
on March 23, 2016
This doesn't do what you think it does. My husband and I bought this for our three year old, hoping that it would be a great light to use when she needs to get up during the night. I was so disappointed when I got this item. The only thing that lights up is the base. The balls are cheap plastic that are sprayed with glow in the dark paint. As soon as you turn the light off it gives a soft green glow, not the color glow that they show. When you take it in a lighted area they instantly stop glowing. It's not great when you child wants your help with something during the night and has to go back to bed in the dark. The whole point of this was to have light wherever they go not in one stationary place. I would recommend buying the munchkin's owl light. That is portable and gives off a nice light without being blinding, but helping your children get where they need to, it also has a nice on and off switch that my 3 year old can turn on and off by herself.
on November 25, 2011
I'm not a child afraid of the night... I'm actually a grown man. This thing is retro/scifi and looks great if you're into that sort of thing. I have a very modern and utilitarian style home and this piece fits in. I'm not sure where it will end up or how I'll use it, but it's a keeper.

Placed on the floor in the corner of a room, the light projects nicely on the wall and can really accent a dark room. Remove the glow-in-the-dark balls and this light is even brighter and with all the lights off can produce enough light to see and navigate in my 12'x15' room without your eyes having to adjust.

The light and colors are obtained are from LEDs. Many of the various hues have an almost lazer-light glow that can't be achieved by any standard or fluorescent light bulbs. The light emitted is from a number of colored LEDs under the stem the balls sit in. I've had it on ever since I received it and it's always cool to the touch, so it's definitely child-safe.

The balls are made of what appears to be typical glow-in-the-dark plastic and are about the size of a ripe plum or one of those stress relief squeeze balls. These balls glow decently, however the LEDs don't output that much light so the balls will never be 'fully charged'. They're easily visible in the dark though, and even visible in a poorly-lit room.

This unit can produce a mostly white-bluish/white light if you set it manually. If you set it to automatically change colors, the white is the only color that it will not cycle through. The sliding switch on the base provides quite a range of color choices. The slider is a little finicky... sometimes it's easy to pass a particular color, but that's not really a big deal as there are so many cool colors that radiate intensely.

The only real negative is the sliding switch that controls the hue feels really cheap. The slider is recessed into the base quite well, but feels fragile. Otherwise, the lamp looks and feels very durable and the overall quality is excellent.

I wish this had adjustable speeds for color rotation and a remote. What's really missing in this lamp is a mode to sync to music. That would be amazing. I'm surprised that something this decorative, useful and well made could have been marketed differently and sold for more money.

Wow, that's a lot more than I expected to write for some silly child's night light... lol
33 comments| 289 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 22, 2016
Man, I love this. We splurged and purchased this for our new baby girl. I have it set up in our living room and turn the light on before we go to bed. Then, when I wake up in the middle of the night to feed our little girl, I have a nice soft light in the room already. I love how there are so many shades to choose from. The balls don't stay the selected color when you pick them up, after they have charged. They default to a whitish color. Wish they could stay the color. But great idea for when the child gets bigger and needs something to light the way to the bathroom or have in their bed as they sleep. Would recommend!
on December 13, 2015
I did not receive a Boon branded nightlight, as advertised. What I received came shipped from China with no packing slip or other information, and appears to be a knockoff made with low quality materials. The Boon logo isn't even on the product, as it shows on Boon's official webpage.
on January 12, 2016
I loved the idea of this, but I just can't get behind the product. It's very poor quality, and the balls BARELY glow (they're like glow in the dark, not really well lit). I purchased this for my daughter who was walking 3 floors down to our bedroom in the middle of the night and It wasn't enough light to get her down there without leaving the lights on in the house. Super disappointed :(
on March 21, 2016
I don't usually write reviews but I'm very disappointed with this purchase. Don't believe what the description says....those plastic balls don't stay lit no matter how long this device stays on! I finally accepted that is was a bad purchase and settled with just using in my room as the changing colors do add a unique touch. Two weeks later im only seeing a rotation between two colors.....blue and green and shades between them......its now in my bin. Won't recommend this to anyone.