BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 8, 2015
Absolutely amazing performance, Dylan is belting out song after song fearlessly and with wicked humor and abandon. This recording will reveal, to anyone who wants to know, why Bob Dylan was able to move mountains with a box guitar, a harmonica and a voice resonating with the Truth. When Joan Baez joins him the voltage only increases. A crucial recording, not technically flawless by any means, but 100% real and essential. A must-have for anyone who lived through the time or has any curiosity about why Dylan is THE iconic figure of the Sixties.
P.S. I went to Dylan's recent performance at the Saenger Theater in New Orleans and I can honestly say it was the finest concert I've ever experienced.
on August 10, 2017
Another in Dylan's legacy of the bootleg discs. Bought to add to my Dylan collection of Digital music. I don't review discs because of their subjective nature. I always say: Ya like him or ya don't. I stick with that. Like most artists, you will find Dylan changes the lyrics as he sings during a live performance. You may like that; You may not.
on May 24, 2015
A real gem. Great sound quality, and a wonderful display of Dylan - the singer songwriter and cultural phenomenon - just before going electric. What is most remarkable about this recording is that you sense how Dylan feels the awkwardness of him becoming a crowd pleaser, the likeable protest singer - a situation which goes against the very essence of his project of innovation and rebellion - and how he actually has no choice but taking his art in a very different direction.
on August 1, 2017
It's Bob Dylan - enough said!
on August 17, 2017
Music was not as listed.
on September 29, 2017
love it
on May 19, 2008
I have listened to this CD at least a dozen times and I continue to enjoy it. To me, it is the missing link between Bob Dylan, the Greenwich Village minstrel, and Bob Dylan, the hugely successful rock star and poet. His stage presence is that of a young guy who is nervous but is nevertheless having a great time. Example: after strumming, tuning, and strumming his guitar again, it becomes apparent there's a problem--he then cheerfully calls out, "Does anyone remember the beginning of this song?"

Dylan is young--and he is so fresh and unaffected that it is difficult to reconcile that with the insight necessary to write certain of the songs he performed ("It's Alright Ma," "Gates of Eden," "Hard Rain"). I do not fault him for later becoming aloof and obnoxious--how else to handle the extreme success and attention in your early 20's?--but I appreciate this CD because the performance gives a peek at Dylan before those changes occurred.

Well worth the listen--enjoy!
on February 4, 2008
This is a great piece of memory on tape. Dylan is live and plays acoustic in this live performance. Songs are great, he is young and talented and his voice is his original one and he plays his own songs well, and this is a keepsake. Pictures are also great--(I only wish I had so many of mine at that age!!). So I give this one 5 stars. I don't know what some fans complain about!! I don't always agree exactly as some of the others rate his albums, but I have no complaints on this one. Maybe the bootlet series 1-3 and 7 are superior in music quality and have more substantial examples of his genius, but I'm okay on this one as an addition to his essential albums (see my other reviews for suggestions). You have an entire live performance on tape when he was young, he does a good job and plus you got lots of cool pictures of when he was young and talented. What on earth are you fans complaining about!?
on May 7, 2011
You will enjoy this cd if: you like Dylan's earlier acoustic/folkie music and like the feel of a live performance.

You will probably not enjoy this cd if: you don't like live cd's, if Dylan's voice gets on your nerves, if you are only interested in the album version of the songs, of if clapping and crowd interaction gets on your nerves.

I really like this cd. As I listen to it I feel like I am part of the crowd. Most of the song introductions are included; so you get to hear Dylan crack jokes, strum on his guitar and mess with his harmonica.

I think it is a good performance, he doesn't slur his words too badly (like in other albums), and much of what he says between the songs is really funny.
on September 18, 2013
Ok, he is 23 years old. Hasn't plugged in yet. Voice isn't all gnarly and gravely. Sarcasm hasn't kicked in yet either. He is "the folk darling" at this point. Keep in mind that M.Witmark and Sons. has over 200 published Bobby D. songs in their catalog. Look out world because soon he will hop on his motor psyche and get on down Highway 61. This unvarnished gem is a chronological must have for the Dylan aficionado.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse