Boppy EntertainMe Play Gym, Garden Patch (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Seven garden-themed developmental toys included
- Unique, reversible open arch design for easier access to baby
- Musical bee with light-up wings
- Oversized 35" x 36" pad
- Mini boppy pillow included
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 2:04 Mins|
I'm really very impressed by the toys that came with this play gym. They are soft and plush, and they all offer some interesting characteristics to keep a baby's attention - some of them crinkle, some rattle, the peas are soft and can hide inside the pod, the flower has a mirror on one side, and the bee...oh, the bee...me likey. :) The bee is awesome! It's soft and cuddly by itself, but once activated, the lights on the wings blink and a nice tune plays. Some baby toys are so loud that I can't stand being around them, but this one is nice. It's loud enough to catch a baby's attention, but quiet enough that it isn't blaring or annoying (at least to me).
One remark - I think it's important to heed the warnings on the instructions about not leaving your baby alone with this. The top part can topple over if a baby puts enough force on one of the legs, and I think that a baby could easily do that by crawling or rolling against one. The mat and top portion are very light and soft, so a baby shouldn't be hurt if that happens - but they could easily get wrapped up inside it, so please keep an eye on the little ones with this gym.
Overall, two thumbs up from me on this.
Your pediatrician is likely to discuss the importance of tummy time and will let you know when to start. When I reviewed the Play Pad I had a few suggestions:
* Take off your baby's socks so he or she will be able to push and reach for the toys on the edge of the mat. This mat is designed for easy cleaning and if you leave those socks on it can be slippery. Babies start to reach for objects beginning at two months.
* Start slowly and put your baby on the mat for only a few minutes at a time, gradually increasing the time. If you start early enough it will seem like a natural position.
* Don't put the baby down on with a full tummy as it can be very uncomfortable.
* Rotate toys on the mat to prevent baby boredom. When the baby is older you can alternate sides of the arch.
* Every baby is different so watch carefully to see what is liked and not liked about tummy time and work with your baby so the time can be a happy one.
++ The oversized pad is 36" x 36"
++ Both the pad and the pillow are wipeable for easy cleanup and machine washable.
++ The toys are specifically designed to match developmental milestones.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Worst playmat ever. It is not sturdy and falls over onto the child.Published 21 months ago by Kayla
This made tummy time worth it. My daughter is now 2 and we have another on the way, can't wait to get this out of storage, the toys were fantastic and of great quality, the little... Read morePublished on July 22, 2014 by Britney
When I was expecting our son I knew this was the play mat I wanted for him as soon as I saw it. I love the bright colors and the fun toys. Read morePublished on May 30, 2014 by Elisabeth Lee
My baby is not yet 4 months old and the play gym is practically unusable. I washed the mat one time on the gentle cycle and air-dried it. Read morePublished on February 13, 2014 by C M P
Alas.....I would actually give this 2.5 Stars but alas Amazon does not allow 1/2s.
Anyway, the main parts of the BOPPY Play Gym Garden Patch are great (the mat or the... Read more
I bought this mat because I loved the theme and the toys associated. I loved that it was different and being an avid gardener I naturally fell in love with the theme. Read morePublished on August 11, 2013 by Rhiannon Peduzzi
I purchased this gym for my twin granddaughters. They had been sharing another gym but finally reached the point where they needed a second one. Read morePublished on November 25, 2012 by Amazon Customer