Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 69 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 98 reviews
on August 1, 2011
My newborn is 4 weeks today and we use this daily ever since he came home. In deciding to purchase this, I talked to a coworker and we came to the conclusion that it may not be worth it since we could use a blanket for a similar effect and if anything it is a complete luxury because he won't be in it for too long. In a spur of the moment decision 2 days before his arrival, we decided to go for it. We are so glad that we did!

Whenever I am working on the computer (like right now), I can stick him in the newborn lounger. Even though he is always supervised, I know that he will not roll out of it because he doesn't have the strength to get out of the indentation. And, he is upright and slightly inclined unlike how he would be if instead doing tummy time on a blanket. It is also very cushy so he is not on the hard floor. He always looks peaceful and content when in it. It makes me want to get a beanbag chair for myself! However, we know that he will not be able to be in this for the long haul. He was 22" when born and his legs can only get to be another 6 or so inches longer before they hit the ground as they are at the edge of the top right now. His head is about 4 inches from the top edge now. However, I think that we still have several months of use we can get out of it.

The only thing I don't like is that there is not a slipcover on it. We didn't research to find out if they are offered since he won't be in it forever so didn't want to mark it down for that. Though, it could be information a potential purchaser wants to know. We really liked the seed row pattern and the softness of the material. We could just toss the whole thing in the washer but I would prefer a removable cover that I can throw in the washer instead to take up less room. However, the times that he has spitup in it, it has wiped right off with no staining. With peach, 2 shades of blue, green, and brown, it is also neutral enough to use for any girls that we have in the future.

---

Update: He is 9 weeks now. He had spit up on it a couple more times but it always wipes right off. We have not thrown it in the washer yet and it doesn't need it. We throw a small receiving blanket over it as a layer of protection from spitups. The receiving blanket is smaller than what we would need for daily use but the perfect size as a makeshift slipcover. We take it with us to choir practice. While we practice, he just lays in it completely content. It is way lighter and easier to travel with than the bouncer or another place that we can put him while we need to be hands-free.
review image review image
33 comments| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 30, 2011
This was the single most used baby product we had for our baby's first 4 months of life! I even bought one for Grandma and Grandpa's house.

From the moment we brought our baby home, he was in our arms or in this cool little pillow. It is the perfect size for little ones, and the indentation in the center cradles baby perfectly, with his head slightly raised up for optimum eye contact with mom and dad.

With this, we could keep baby next to us on the couch or bed (instead of in a bulky infant seat on the floor). Our baby napped in here frequently during his first two months (always supervised, before the crib really came into play). And it was the perfect way to prop him up a tiny bit for "play" and interaction.

I even used it to help me squeeze in a shower--I placed it on the bathroom floor next to the shower and peeked out of the curtain every couple of minutes. Baby was happy and mommy got clean, it's a win-win!

Care is easy--you just pop it in the washer and dryer. Yes, the whole pillow!

At almost 4 months, our baby is about to grow out of this lounger and into the Bombo and Boppy for propped sitting up (it's for babies up to 16 pounds). I recommend this lounger to everyone--it's a must-have for any newborn.
on October 14, 2011
This boppy pillow is a must have for a newborn! I have the regular boppy (U shaped pillow) which is great but we couldn't place our newborn in it since it didn't hold her up at all (that pillow will most likely work better with older infants who can hold their head up/ sit up on their own). A family member purchased this for us and it has made our lives so much easier. Our daughter easily fits onto the contoured pillow which puts her into a quasi sitting position. Our daughter also has mild colic issues so not having to lay flat in a crib/ playpen while my husband and I are doing things around the house during the day is a huge plus and we noticed she's much less fussy. Having this makes it easy for us whether we are relaxing/ watching tv or need to get a few things done during the day and don't have anywhere else to put her. Almost every night, we place her in the pillow on the couch between the two of us and our daughter sleeps and relaxes in it. I loved it so much I purchased for a friend who just had a baby and they use theirs all the time too.
on July 26, 2012
This pillow was an absolute lifesaver for our son. It gives lift and angle to the body, making it great for babies with reflux or gas issues. It was super comfortable for him and he would be asleep in a matter of minutes. It was slightly annoying to clean, but can be done in the tub incase of an accident. But it was totally worth it though. Would definitely recommend for all new babies until they are old enough to move around. Then it must be used with supervision at all times.
on September 1, 2011
I'm a new mom of twins and have a house FULL of baby stuff. I stumbled upon this product in different registries but never selected it thinking it was just "another thing" for them. When we got closer to our due date I finally gave in and purchased them myself. They have been the most used piece of equipment we own even over their swing! It is wonderful because its so portable and because they just plain love it. They are now 3 months old and getting to be too active for it, but we still use it every day.

If you are toying with the idea of buying one, DO IT! I can assure you that you will be glad you did. It is wonderful to have a comfy and safe place to put baby when you are folding laundry, etc. When they are tiny bouncy seats aren't their favorite idea, so this is PERFECT!
on December 29, 2014
Perfect!!!!!!! You need to have it! It works for a new born and also when the baby is older! My niece is 1 year old and still uses for watch tv or play with her ipad
on June 19, 2017
My grand baby loved her Boppy lounger from day one.
A snugly place for her to lay back and take in all the new sights and sounds.
This was her favorite place to be if she wasn't in my arms.
on November 18, 2011
This thing was a LIFE SAVER to me! If you are tired (literally) of having your little one fall asleep in your arms/nursing only to wake up when you put them down to nap this will help so much! The material on the outside is quality and stain resistant. The filling on the inside DOES NOT move around a lot causing dips or anything (but is still nice and comfy). This is a quality product and my 6 week old son sleeps so much better in it (he is a very gassy/reflux baby). I can even breast feed him while he is in it if I am in the right position. :) I also love how it has a complete doughnut shape to support him bum and legs. Never worried about him slipping down :) Thank you boppy!
on December 9, 2011
We bought the original Boppy before our son was born, and it works great for feeding. He also likes to lounge in it. The only problem was he would slide down it over time, especially if he was throwing a fit about something. We decided to try the Boppy Lounger, and he loves it as much as we do! He doesn't slide down, and it's very soft and comfortable for him. He does sleep in it sometimes, but never without supervision. Also, it's quite a large lounger! Our son is a big baby-at 7 weeks old he's wearing 3 month size clothes, and outgrowing some due to length, and he can comfortably sit in the pillow.
on April 10, 2011
I was skeptical when I received this as a baby shower present, but as it came from my husband's aunt, I decided to give it a try. I am so glad I did. This probably my all time favorite baby item. This is one of the the few things my baby loved to sit in. He liked it better than his bouncer, swing, and sometimes better than my arms! I pump exclusively and he would sit in it for 20 minutes while I pumped and be perfectly content.

We have loaned it to a friend who just had a baby and it's the only thing her infant likes as well. I would highly recommend this product.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.