- Series: Zones of Religion
- Hardcover: 272 pages
- Publisher: Routledge; 1 edition (November 20, 1997)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0415918561
- ISBN-13: 978-0415918565
- Product Dimensions: 1 x 9.5 x 6.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #8,775,249 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Border Fetishisms: Material Objects in Unstable Spaces (Zones of Religion) 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
...this collection should be of interest to area specialists and postmodern metatheorists.
the authors demonstrate very clearly the hybrid nature of the fetish.
Frank J. Korom Religious Studies Review, Jan 1999
Very useful for any scholar of religion interested in the intersection between materials objects, ritual, economic activity, and political ideology, or in Marxist theory..
Religious Studies Review , January 1999
About the Author
Patricia Spyer is Assistant Professor at the Research Center for Religion and Society, University of Amsterdam. She is the author of The Memory of Trade (1997).