Oil month Automotive Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

Borderlands 2: Game of the Year Edition
Format: Video Game|Change

I loved the originally Borderlands. I'll probably never be too old to get a laugh out of Nine-Toes and all the goofy humor in it. I started to wonder how much I really loved it since as soon as Borderlands 2 came out it went into my "wait for the complete version with DLC" mode of thinking. Part 2 is more of the same and that's not really a bad thing. It's a fun, somewhat mindless shooter. I grew up playing Jet Set Radio and other cel-shaded games and do really enjoy the graphics in these Borderlands games. I also like (to an extent) all the loot. I just hope they start making the guns a little different in looks and effects. It's very fun to find a gun you've not seen, but then it's a letdown when you whip it out to realize it looks just like the gun you dropped to pick it up with slightly different stats. The new characters are fun if not overly-predictable and this game, in my opinion, just begs for a character creation feature so you can create a completely unique character. I would compare it favorably as the Diablo of shooters. It's good, somewhat old-school fun.
on March 8, 2014
I ended up buying this game years after release because it just didn't seem interesting when I first saw it.

I was wrong and I'm sorry.

Pros
1. Long story with a lot of action.
2. Goofy, fun-to-love NPCs (and many characters from the first one, I'm told) help keep the story interesting.
3. Boat loads of awesome looking weapons.
4. Co-op (both online and offline)
5. <3 me some RPG elements
6. Colorful and unique graphics. They're not going for the realism or anything here. Very cartoony and it's refreshing.
7. $100 in DLC is awesome.

Cons
1. Some game glitches. I was getting game crashes when I drove a vehicle into a certain spot on the map (had to get out and hoof it, now I'm scared to go driving again).
2. The graphics take a little getting used to. The colors tend to blend together and it makes it occasionally hard to focus on things. The first few times playing it gave me a headache but I got used to it.

It's an awesome game and this is an awesome value (with the DLC). Worth owning.
on March 16, 2017
I ordered this game from AMAZON becasue my original game disc crakced and would no longer play. I was excited to get the "add-on disc" as this is the GOTY version. I load the game CD and all works well - I have my character, missions, guns, etc - just where I left off. I load the "add-on disc", install the contents BUT can not find them anywhere to play. Disappointed.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 21, 2014
This is a must have for anyone who likes RPG or FPS games. I seriously don't know why Gearbox only does a good job on Borderlands games, but this is on a completely different level from most games and is light years better than DNF or Colonial Marines.

This version includes a separate disc with most of the DLC. While it is not all DLC, I think it is everything you'll need.

The game itself is a FPS with RPG elements. Specifically, there are skill trees for each character and a ton of gun stats. Each gun's stats are unique for the most part and some change to match your level, but I have on occasion had two of the same exact gun in my inventory.
on November 29, 2014
Big fan of the first one. Loved playing the second with my friends and family at home over Xbox LIVE. Playing alone in Afghanistan.........it is really lonely LOL. Seriously though I am at level 53 Siren and most enemies don't stand a chance against me. I can't wait to get back to the states to play with other players so the enemies become tougher. That is my only REAL con about this game. Other than that if you want a fun game that you will literally play for almost a year and STILL not finish here you go folks. Well back to Pandora, happy hunting vault hunters.
on May 8, 2017
I have no idea why it took me so long to buy this game, it surpassed the original in every way possible, did you enjoy the npc in borderlands well get ready to love this new npc from tiny tina to mister torgue
on September 16, 2017
Totally addicted. Buy the two bulk add ons. Monitor for golden keys. Get 10 keys a month. The guns come in handy
on May 28, 2014
I can't review the game itself since I'm not a professional journalist, for that I would recommend gameinformer.com they give honest reviews that are spot on. But for the item itself I got it from Amazon for $20 and that's a incredible deal for the amount of content. All of the additional dlc is included on a second disc. There was additional dlc released after the goty edition but it appears that there are no achievements included with that dlc so I'm not bothered by that.
on December 6, 2017
This is a great game. If you can't afford the boxes set, get this game. It's the most fun of the trilogy.
on September 12, 2014
Additional characters, additional areas, additional weapons all add up to almost double the content of the "original" version. Despite not including absolutely everything ever released for this franchise, there is still enough to justify getting this package. If you have never played this before, it will seem like a long, crazy journey. Well worth the money.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.