Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 243 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 270 reviews
on October 27, 2016
Great sequel. Lots of new content! Key game features include:
Includes: Borderlands 2 Main Game, Captain Scarlett and her Pirate’s Booty, Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage, Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt, Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep, Creature Slaughter Dome
• Premiere Club Content: Gaige, the Mechromancer Character Class, Gearbox Gun Pack, Golden Key, Vault Hunter's Relic
• Krieg, the Psycho Character Class, Collector’s Edition Heads and Skins, Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1
on May 14, 2015
I loved the originally Borderlands. I'll probably never be too old to get a laugh out of Nine-Toes and all the goofy humor in it. I started to wonder how much I really loved it since as soon as Borderlands 2 came out it went into my "wait for the complete version with DLC" mode of thinking. Part 2 is more of the same and that's not really a bad thing. It's a fun, somewhat mindless shooter. I grew up playing Jet Set Radio and other cel-shaded games and do really enjoy the graphics in these Borderlands games. I also like (to an extent) all the loot. I just hope they start making the guns a little different in looks and effects. It's very fun to find a gun you've not seen, but then it's a letdown when you whip it out to realize it looks just like the gun you dropped to pick it up with slightly different stats. The new characters are fun if not overly-predictable and this game, in my opinion, just begs for a character creation feature so you can create a completely unique character. I would compare it favorably as the Diablo of shooters. It's good, somewhat old-school fun.
on March 16, 2017
I ordered this game from AMAZON becasue my original game disc crakced and would no longer play. I was excited to get the "add-on disc" as this is the GOTY version. I load the game CD and all works well - I have my character, missions, guns, etc - just where I left off. I load the "add-on disc", install the contents BUT can not find them anywhere to play. Disappointed.
on July 14, 2014
Don't buy this software. Don't let your kids play it. Ever! You or they will never, ever, be able to stop. It is that good! At first the challenges will seem way to hard to overcome, the enemies to tough to combat. Eventually you will begin to understand the weapons and play style. You will quickly fall in love (or hate) with the characters. As long as it is ... and it is pretty darn long .. the main game will be over. Then you can do it all over again in True or Ultimate Vault Hunter mode. Did I mention tons of exceptional DLC? Oh, and superb on-line and even local co-op play. This game has it all. Yeah, whoever starts playing this game, can kiss their life outside of it goodbye. It is that good!
on August 9, 2016
FPS with MMO and RPG elements. Really fun with friends, and the story and characters are really creative and hilarious. You can easily sink 100+ hours into this game, and the included DLC with the game of the year addition is good value.
on September 19, 2014
all around the stactus plant the stalker chased the bandit, the stalker thought t'was all in fun
POP
goes the bandit.
I LOVED playing this game...I wasn't interested in it at first because my boyfriend would play it for hours, but as soon as he got to tiny tinas workshop, i laughed and really enjoyed watching him play the game...then I wanted to play! I played as Gaige and i LOVE DEATHTRAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
I enjoyed watching my boyfriend play the game, and really enjoyed playing it myself. The DLC's are fun too.
on March 8, 2014
I ended up buying this game years after release because it just didn't seem interesting when I first saw it.

I was wrong and I'm sorry.

Pros
1. Long story with a lot of action.
2. Goofy, fun-to-love NPCs (and many characters from the first one, I'm told) help keep the story interesting.
3. Boat loads of awesome looking weapons.
4. Co-op (both online and offline)
5. <3 me some RPG elements
6. Colorful and unique graphics. They're not going for the realism or anything here. Very cartoony and it's refreshing.
7. $100 in DLC is awesome.

Cons
1. Some game glitches. I was getting game crashes when I drove a vehicle into a certain spot on the map (had to get out and hoof it, now I'm scared to go driving again).
2. The graphics take a little getting used to. The colors tend to blend together and it makes it occasionally hard to focus on things. The first few times playing it gave me a headache but I got used to it.

It's an awesome game and this is an awesome value (with the DLC). Worth owning.
on October 4, 2015
Just cannot get into this game. Graphics are getting great but shooting accuracy sucks ammo is limited and storyline was just a little silly for me.
on October 29, 2014
Why haven't you bought this yet. I feel like this game was psychologically analyzed to ensure it hits all those little primal chunks of our brain that want instant gratification. Ugh. So good.

Aside from that well designed reward-addiction mechanism, the game is incredibly well made. Characters are amazingly developed and well thought out. Comedy is on point. The game has enough variety to keep you entertained throughout.

OH and the DLC. Holy jeez the DLC. I usually hate any kind of DLC because to me it often feels like they released an incomplete game, then tried to repackage and resell the bits they should have already had. Not so here. Each DLC is its own complete entity, often fleshed out with its own special things you cant find elsewhere. Top Notch.
on March 13, 2017
This is the best game ever, especially the Psycho character Krieg. Tons of hours played and never gets old.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.