Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 43 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 51 reviews
on October 31, 2012
(While I played bd2, I played Axton, Zero, Maya, Salvador and Gaige all the way to lvl 50. my total playtime is 330 hours)

To be honest, when I heard about this character I thought it was a cheap copy of Axton with flying turret. I was wrong
She isn't a cheap copy. In fact, I gotta say her skill tree is perhaps the most impressive, fun, and complicated one I have ever seen.
Up for some challenge? Well, here you go!

Best Friends Forever

-the key feature of this tree is making Deathtrap (and you too) harder to kill with additional damage resistance, health, and even a copy of Gaige's shield when maxed out. Also, the tree has a decrease cool down ability that is really helpful since Gaige's skill cool down is way too long (1minute). There are 2 skills in this tree that is a MUST if you decided to go for BFF.

-Close enough: make your missed bullets bounce back to enemies-->good for beginners with trouble with aiming, or even for pros hiding behind cover and shooting at walls for safe, effective attack.
-Explosive Clap: what it says. makes DT drop some heavy AOE explosive damage that deals a moderate amount of damage along with an pulse that pushes enemies around.

Little big trouble

-this tree is often overlooked/ignored for good reasons. This tree focuses on you and DT dealing additional ELECTRIC damage. Although the additional shield capacity for Gaige, and some AOE electric burst every time you reload is pretty cool looking, the element electricity itself is really under powered in borderlands 2 in general compared to fire/corrosive/explosive. Cool looking, but not practical.
-The stacks you get for not attacking for a short time/critical hit bonus, however, could work if you are looking for a sniper play with DT acting as an initiator/tank. Even though Zero was MADE for sniper, I found Gaige with some mastery in this skill tree quite useful when sniping.

ANARCHY

-ah...the signature skill tree of Gaige, and perhaps the most fun/hardcore skill tree in existent yet. This, I believe, is where the fun from playing Gaige comes from. The key feature of this skill tree is very simple: every time you score a kill or reload while in combat you gain stacks that increases your gun damage in trade for accuracy (this tree is not good for snipers). This may sound easy, but it really is ridiculous since it takes a while to collect enough stacks to really make Anarchy shine, while it is one hella easy to suddenly lose all your stacks.

-This skill does have a melee override skill but it sucks really bad.

Gaige pack is a good choice for both solo players and co-op players looking for something new. She might seem a bit under-powered in early game due to her weak robot and insanely high cool-down rate (1 min...the longest CD in borderlands), but I can promise you that you won't be disappointed. Mix up your skill tree. Fight as a sniper or a tank or whatever the heck you want. Your robot got many skills under its sleaves, and so do you. Go use them!

A little tip to maximize your fun, is that since her ultimate skills on each skill tree are somewhat useless, you need to carefully invest points in each tree just to a point of necessity for maximum efficieny.
Gaige's most important and effective skills are usually located at the beginning point of the skill tree.
Me? I invested most points on anarchy but stopped before the Nth bullet, and invested some points on BFF tree for more HP/Defense.

!!!A couple things you should take into account before you purchase!!!

-In BFF the shield recharge skill for DT sometimes glitches, making DT charge your enemy' shield or try to charge your shield even when you are
in the fight-for-your-life state. Still, works properly in most cases.

-DT's AI seems to be having a hard time using multiple active skills.

-The relic is total junk, along with gearbox guns and 2 keys. (You can get keys for free by following Gearbox in twitter)
on December 6, 2016
Not bad when you're in trouble, just call your deathtrap, die and wait for him to kill something, it's kind of like Kreig pulling out dynamite to blow stuff up instead of fighting for his life.
on November 18, 2012
This is a nice addition to the game. Her ability works similarly to a moving turret, mowing down enemies with total disregard to what you are doing. You do have to play the same game again to level her up, so if repetition is something you don't enjoy, this probably isn't for you. I play with my friends online and rarely play alone, so that's what makes this game have replay value for me. I gave it four stars because it was fun and inexpensive, but not five stars because it really didn't blow me away. I would say if you have a couple of extra bucks to spare and would like to kill some time, this is not a bad way to do it.
on July 7, 2013
I bought this along with the Psycho pack when Amazon was having a sale. I love finding these type of deals as you really can't go wrong if you play the game a lot. If you play Boarderlands 2 and love the game, you can't go wrong with this add on. It offers a different play style from the normal characters while you still get that great Boarderlands feel. While you're still playing the same game, the options this character offers definitely mixes things up and gives you something new to look forward too. It's a new character, it's Boarderlands 2, it's fun... I can't really say anymore.
on August 26, 2013
I am new to the game but have a friend that is showing me the ropes, he has a Mechro and it looked like a lot of fun so I decided to make one myself.

I have one of each class except for the phsyco and the Mechro and Siren are my favorite classes so far. I have a 47 Mech, 38 Siren and a 29 Assasin. The other classes are all low level and I mostly use them for storage of stuff that I want to pass down.

That's about all there is to say, being new to Steam it took me a bit to figure out how to install the Mechro pack so I could use it but my friend talked me through it and it wasn't really that hard once you know where to look to activate the add on pack from Amazon (for some reason I couldn't order it directly from Steam)
on February 27, 2013
Couldn't find it listed anywhere but this does work with Steam w/o any problems. Great game and a great addon!
on June 16, 2014
That robit hits hard. anarchy with a big ol jakobs shotgun makes for some crazy damage once you get moving.
on November 18, 2012
The character for the lazy type of player. Let Death Trap cope with your enemies while you loot the place. ;-)

The anarchy perk is also nice. Gain weapon power by killing enemies or emptying a clip without previously reloading. Like that you can build up to 100s of anarchy stacks. I removed the reload key from my key bindings to not accidently remove all my anarchy stacks.

I also like her comments.
on August 14, 2016
She was pretty fun to play. Brought in some cool mechanics.
on June 12, 2013
She has a robot you upgrade and use throughout the game,when you get in a bind or overwhelmed by enemies summon your robot to kick some butt with you,upgrade him to be more powerful and awesome,definitely a must have character for the game,tryed them all and shes the one i only use

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.