$ 99 $19.99 Save $8.00 (40%)
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Choose from all new characters and classes including the Gunzerker, who can dual-wield any two weapons in the game
- Share your adventures with friends both online and via LAN with a seamless co-op system enabling you to drop in and drop out of a campaign without ever having to restart the game
- Improved story integration which finds you left for dead in the frozen tundra of Pandora as you begin your quest of revenge and redemption
- An entirely new take on the groundbreaking procedural system means millions upon millions of possible weapons
- In addition to the new gun system, players lust after procedurally generated shields, grenades, alien artifacts, class mods and much, much more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Borderlands 2 furthers the distinct blending of First Person Shooter and Role Playing genres to create the true evolution of the Role Playing Shooter. Team up with up to three other players for four-player online goodness or go old-school with two-player split-screen couch sharing mayhem as you spend hours leveling up your character and equipping them with one of the millions of badass weapons. Borderlands 2 features a new visually stunning array of procedurally generated guns, shields, grenades, artifacts, enemies and more. Choose one of the four new character classes to be taken through a carefully crafted and connected story to all new and surprising environments across the living planet of Pandora. Make new friends, arm them to the teeth and fight alongside them on your relentless quest for revenge and redemption.
Borderlands 2 is a hybrid First-Person Shooter, RPG game focused on over-the-top co-op play, and set in the open-world game environment of the planet Pandora. The second game in the game series, Borderlands 2 raises the 'loot and shoot' action of the original game with an even larger and more detailed world to explore, an updated gun system, a new cast of characters and character classes, and integration of storyline with action.
Over-the-Top 'Shoot and Loot' Action Returns
Borderlands 2, sequel to the critically acclaimed and best selling role-playing-shooter hybrid, once again delivers its unique flavor, characters and addictive nonstop collaborative loot-shoot gameplay. As in the original game, Borderlands 2 features an openworld game environment, but this time around the world players experience is larger and packed with more depth at all levels. The game features an all-new cast of characters, skills, environments, enemies, weapons, and equipment that come together in a carefully crafted and connected story. Make new friends, arm them to the teeth and fight alongside them on a relentless quest for revenge and redemption through the undiscovered and unpredictable living world of Pandora.
Key Game Features
- All-New Characters and Classes - Choose from all new characters and classes including the Gunzerker, who can dual-wield any two weapons in the game. Dual machine guns? Cool. Dual rocket launchers? Of course. Dual sniper rifles? sure, if that’s your thing.
- Play Online with Friends - Share your adventures with friends both online and via LAN through a seamless system enabling you to drop in and drop out of a campaign without ever having to restart the game.
- World Connected Story - Left for dead in the frozen tundra of Pandora, begin your quest of revenge and redemption as the story drives you closer to the Hyperion Corporation and its evil founder, handsome Jack.
- New Badass Gun System - Millions upon millions of possible weapons means tons of new and innovative ways to engage foes on Pandora. Fire, electricity, corrosive acid, and more will all be at your disposal.
- 87 Bazillion...Everything - It's not just guns on Pandora, you will lust after procedurally generated shields, grenades, alien artifacts, class mods and much, much more.
- Brand-new Environments - From the arctic tundra, through the dangerous grasslands, past the mysterious corrosive caverns to beyond, discover more of the unpredictable world of Pandora at every turn.
- Brand-new Enemies - Hulking, gorilla-like Bullymongs, vicious predatory stalkers and the hyperion mechanical army, run by handsome Jack, are just some of the new enemies you will face.
Continued focus on co-op play.
Hybrid FPS and RPG gameplay.
New badass gun system.
More detailed open-world.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
One part I especially found unique and interesting is how the game mirrors a D&D or Champions of Norrath style as you have a mage, bezerker, stealthy burglar type, and the knight class character. My Lady and I really enjoy leveling up to unlock new talents / capabilities and so we can use better armor, shields, and firearms that require your character to be a specific level.
I played through most of the game single player but then started playing co-op with friends on Xbox LIVE towards the end of the game and then for the DLC and for a second play-through. The game is really fun either way. It's great to have a nice co-op game I can play with friends who've moved out of state since it's allowed us to recreate a similar experience to the game nights we used to have before they moved. But it's also still fun to play through on my own with other character classes when I have some free time and the others aren't available.
I hope there's a Borderlands 3 for the next gen systems and in the mean time would gladly pay more if Gearbox decided to release more DLC on top of the 4 quests they already announced (3 of which are out as of now). I'm very glad my friends talked me in to giving this series a try and the only people I wouldn't recommend it to are people who really don't like any FPS games (whether stylistically or because they get motion sickness from them). If you're just nervous about such games because you don't think you are any good at them, the Borderlands series is a great place to start out since the game will guide you along such that you'll learn to play the game over time rather than being thrown into the deep end right from the start.