Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Borderlands 2: Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt [Download]
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on August 6, 2013
I think the programers exceed my expectations with this DLC, there is a lot of content, huge maps to explore and amazing challenges. Just awesome, specially if you are playing with friends.
In terms of Amazon download, this was fast, efficient and I had no problems at all, the file was available right after payment and the installation went on without problems, I think this is a great service.
on January 19, 2013
I managed to acquire this DLC through the season pass and admittedly felt supremely disappointed with it. I knew it wasn't going to be as good as Torgues due to well, that one being just amazingly fun and 2K's batting average. It was a supreme disappointment.

The first problem you encounter with it is the new Catch-A-Boat system, which creates a new vehicle specifically for that area and is limited to that area alone. The skins you find on the majority of the baddies there only work for the boat and not your Bandit Technical or Runner. That irked me to no end having to once again gather skins I've already acquired for the other two vehicles. Grinding kills, ho!

The second problem with this DLC is it's admittedly short main quest line and limited side-quests. Torgue's was filled with side quests, fun achievements, and replayable battles. This DLC offers only a few compared to that and the path to get to any of the baddie areas to reconquer them is filled with a rather annoying mini-boss which revives all of it's companions. It wouldn't be too annoying if they actually stood out a bit more when in their more powerful form. In the weaker versions in playthrough 1, I noticed many of them only due to their elemental adaptation and that was still easy to miss. The raid bosses were pretty much grindfests and not very fun to play, especially considering you have to run around the entire island just to summon one of them.

The third problem is the lack of new materials. Beyond the fan boat, skins, and a few shoddy Jakobs {I should know, considering I am still using my Purple Jakob's Pistol which outclassed that poor excuse for a level 50 the game gave me as a reward for doing quests here}. There is no new styles of items nor particular funny names.

The final problem with this DLC is of course the dialogue. A DLC could be easily saved in Borderlands if it had some witty or humorous dialogue. There was little to be had. The villian that appeared was pathetic to say the least, offering maybe a pity chuckle but not a true guffaw. Claptrap didn't do much beyond what he normally does, and Sir Hammerlock just basically sits there for the majority of the DLC, as short as it is.

In short, don't waste your money on this specific DLC unless you are buying the season pass. Go buy the Mechromancer, Torgue's Tournament, or Captain Scarlet's DLC instead. Money far better spent.
on April 30, 2013
I love BL2, but I feel like they didn't do as much with Sir Hammerlock as they could have in the base game. Well, they fix that here. He's funny and the quests are great. Adds hours of gameplay ESPECIALLY for TVHM and UVHM.
on November 13, 2014
The game has multiple flaws including destination markers that are nowhere near where they actually reside, one hit kills, very expensive ammo and guns, very few good weapons to loot and enemies that are far above their rating. It's a grind with only two different enemies. If you enter the game as level 50 with massive weapons it might be fun, but as a 39 level gamer (the game claims missions at level 38) who died over and over again, it just wasn't worth. Far more frustrating than interesting or fun.
on July 2, 2013
I would give this DLC negative stars if I could. It's awful.

Not only is it missing most of the charm that makes the Borderlands franchise enjoyable, but it's deeply flawed on a fundamental level. There are fetch quests everywhere, with endless amounts of walking and retracing steps and walking some more only to fight a handful of creatures or find a broken quest that forces you to reset the game. Even the graphics are terrible, with a hazy green filter across the screen in most areas. Poor level design and layout makes getting from point A to B an exercise in tedium.

My buddies and I slogged through this trash-fest as part of the Season Pass and regretted every moment of it. Whereas the Pirate DLC was acceptable, and the Torgue DLC was amazing mostly for the absurdity of its titular character, Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt was a chore to play, and was in no way fun.

Finally, as the end credits rolled, we discovered why this DLC was awful. It wasn't even developed by the main Borderlands staff, but instead by Triptych Games. What else has this studio made? Duke Nukem Forever.
on January 19, 2013
I'm usually not one to write reviews on games or anything in general, but this game pissed me off. I was hoping for another great challenge like Torgue or Scarlett's. but what I got was boring and pointless. I was intrigued when I started playing, but after the first weapons chest opened, I was surprised to say the least at the items that dropped. They were far below of what I currently have. It just seems that it's a blank canvas and you spend all your time walking around in circles. I'll go back to leveling up my Mechromancer. Unless, you like walking in circles and not getting any new loot, don't by this add-on.
on August 20, 2013
as all the borderlands expansions have been so far.. this one is great too. Lots of fun.. and just the right amount of challenge, especially multiplayer.
on April 26, 2016
Good stuff
on March 2, 2013
every time i tryed to get it to work steam told me i had to buy something else so don't buy
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2013
I was not impressed with ANYTHING in this DLC. NO new guns, shields, entertaining characters, nothing. Just a lot of washed out scenery and boring grinding of the same types of monsters. The side missions were pointless and the main mission was very short. I don't understand why they can't add more value to the game, instead of releasing more of the same boring things. =(