Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Bormioli Rocco Frigoverre Jug with Hermetic Lid, 1 Liter
Size: One Liter|Color: DD- By Size|Change

on June 25, 2015
I can get my little hands inside to clean, but I can't get them out again without soaping them up. Best not to risk it. MY lid seems to seal just fine. A small twist to the cross piece on the top and it can be turned upside down without leaking. It will never see the inside of the dishwasher so I'm sure I'll be safe for a long time. BTW for those of you who think hot water or sun are needed for delicious iced tea, may I burst your bubble for you? At bedtime, fill your jug with water, add a tea bag (or two, but I suggest you start with one), put in the fridge and in the morning you can fill your travel mug with nice cold perfectly brewed tea. And (spoiler alert) it's not really due to your refrigerator light, it's just osmosis. Hot water is needed for hot tea - or if you are in a big fat hurry and have tons of ice to spare - The End! I put 2 leaves of Very Good green tea and a tea bag of something herbalicious in there, and in the morning I have a tempting encouragement to drink more water. You can add organic fruits, sliced organic lemon or peeled cucumber for an infusion, strain them out in the morning into your stainless steel big gulp and enjoy your day.
22 comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 17, 2017
FAIL: the Stopper does not fit into the mouth of the Jar and stay there. Try to pour with it on and it falls right out -- kerrrrPLOP! -- like it was made for another size of Jar! Opening (narrowest) measures 3-1/2 inches. Lid's o-ring (widest) measures 3-3/8 inches (less).
Seriously, Bormioli: a Jar with a Stopper lid has to do Only One Thing... Not. Fall. Open. You call this "hermetically sealed", huh?
Hey, Italy: is this really your idea of quality assurance? C'mon. Che cosa fai, Paisani?
We'd like a replacement Stopper Lid that fits the Jar...

UPDATE: OOPS! Unfortunately, even though it has not been 30 days (only 2 weeks so far), Amazon's website is inexplicably not allowing us (?!) to contact the Seller to ask for a replacement LID that fits. Super weird! The sole option we're given is to return the entire Jug+Lid.
on November 6, 2017
I purchased the "Bormioli Rocco Set Of 2 Frigoverre Glass Jug Pitcher With Hermetic Frosted Lid - 67.75 oz" item. I use them for making my cold-brew iced coffee from brew to storage and absolutely love them. They work very well for this purpose and the amount of cold-brew I am making at a time - since it take so many hours to make it's easier to make larger quantities with these to use for the whole work week without running out. My only complaint is like other reviewers out there have said is that it does drip down the front a bit - especially if you are trying to pour too fast with too full of a pitcher. My solution is to put the cup directly under the spout when pouring which makes it easy to catch the last drip. Also, sometimes the lids seem a little hard to untwist, but that's probably for the better to seal them up. Overall, I am purchasing again because the pros certainly outweigh the cons in my opinion.
on January 28, 2017
As a Prime Customer for 17 years. I can honestly 100% state I've never had items packed with such care. The Shipping Box was packed with bubble wrap, then the two pitchers packed separately in their own box with bubble wrap. I will definitely purchase from the seller. I had bought one a couple years ago, I broke the handle and I immediately reordered. I found this deal and was very impressed about the price for two. I use the container to brew my special black teas. Actually, they are heat resistant I don't think the site said that. I pour a glass whistle kettle full of boiling hot water onto the tea bags and use the concentrated tea to make ice teas. The glass has never cracked. The glass never stains and I was extremely impressed by the way I received the items.
on October 22, 2017
I bought two sizes of this product. This is the second. As I wrote for the first, I'm torn. On one hand, I love that it's glass and not plastic, that it's heavy and substantial but still easy to use, and that it seals well. On the other hand, I always need to use some paper towels to clean up some drips when I use it. The way they make these pitchers is such that it always has some little drops that run down the side and often pool below the unit. It's not a lot, but it's a pain to always have to wipe the side, bottom, and surrounding counter.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 14, 2016
We got tired of replacing the thin glass pitchers regularly that we used for sun tea and decided to go with a thicker, heavier, more sturdy pitcher with a lid that actually seals. Imagine that... We are always rotating pitches so that we never run out of tea, therefore, we decided to purchase a second pitcher to facilitate the protocol. Then we thought, what if one breaks, so we purchased a third. Now that we have been using them for a while and we can see how much sturdier these are, I think the purchase of the 3rd might have been a mistake. Oh well... They are awesome pitchers that we plan to use for some time to come.
on September 28, 2016
Nicely made product however it would be better if the handles were a bit longer. I have long slender fingers and holding it from the handle is a bit awkward, the area is too small. I also don't completely understand how the top works or why it was designed to be taken completely off to pour. I don't use it too often so I'm not blown away by the product. The lid is strange but it was the best large glass container I could find. I hope Bormioli Rocco designs something a bit nicer in the future.
on September 15, 2016
I purchased the 1 liter size to make and store my homemade Kefir. Yogourmet Kefir Starter: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000LKXRWC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1473956758&sr=8-1&keywords=kefir+starter&pi=SY200_QL40

I have another size of these jugs and I really really like them. They're sturdy and weighty in the hand. I've read some users have problems with the lids. I easily figured them out. The 1 liter lid is junk though. It doesn't seal right and don't date shake it without holding the lid on place. Also, with these jugs, don't put them in the microwave.
on May 27, 2013
My former favorite refrigerator glass pitcher, ARC International Luminarc Quadro Jug with White Lid Pitcher, 33.75-Ounce, has gone downhill as they replaced the old airtight soft plastic stoppers with a completely useless hard plastic made in China cap that leaks.

I was heartbroken... then after months of looking I finally found this wonderful replacement.

This is glass (which is what I want) and beautifully designed so I enjoy how it looks and feels. But most important, the cap when closed properly is completely airtight, which allows me to shake my drinks. Since I make a lot of stuff like lemonade with sugar and fresh mint (which separates out) this is a must have!

Some reviews state that the lid is complicated to use and comes without instructions. Well, the latter is true, but if you've read the reviews on Amazon, you already know the trick! The lid has an inner and outer ring. Just hold the inside or outside rings stable (your choice) and turn the other one in the opposite direction. Simple, once you know how!

As for pouring function, I've used it a few dozen times and never considered how it was pouring--which means by my definition it is pouring smoothly. For my hands (small) the handle works perfectly. Perhaps for some hands it's not as convenient, however, I must say most jars of this general shape (to fit in our door) have similar handles. If you're not sure you'll like it, try buying the smaller one in this set first so if you're not happy you've spent less money.Bormioli Rocco Frigoverre Jug with Hermetic Lid, 17-Ounce.
on April 21, 2016
We bought this jug to replace a plastic pitcher of similar size. The first time we used the jug, the plastic cap broke while twisting the cap on. The glass jug itself is nice but they seem to have skimped on the cap, which is a cheap plastic. Needless to say, we'll be looking elsewhere for a glass pitcher!