Beauty Summer Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Introducing Fire TV Cube Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on January 3, 2017
I love these jars. Nice, elegant design. I've used them for years. The lids are one piece unlike the American style lids. They seal well. And they are reusable. They make a satisfying ping when they seal.

There are two problems. One is that people often don't return them because they're so nice. And two, if you lose a lid, buying extras costs about the same as an entire new jar with lid. Really a ripoff.

You can use regular mason jar lids which I hate because once opened you then have two piece lids which are annoying to serve from. Or you can buy aftermarket lids for a reasonable price. Search under my other reviews for the link to aftermarket lids.

The photo shows two jar styles. I think the lower ones are nicer. What do you think? Yuzu marmalade.
review image
5 people found this helpful
on September 23, 2011
These canning jars are very attractive. I'm not sure this matters to others, but some people really appreciate attractive glass and I'm one of them. I have a dear friend who also appreciates it, and my late Mother would have liked this too. They have wide enough mouths to easily funnel in what you are canning (I made preserves) and I really like that they are 10 1/8 oz as opposed to the standard 8 ounce. The extra 2 ounces is, in my opinion, enough to make it more of a presentable gift than the one cup jars.
I initially thought I would have difficulty finding replacement lids for these jars as they are foreign made and the original lids have the rubber seal built into the lid. However, I found, much to my happiness, that the pint jar lids that can be found most anywhere fit these jars.
30 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on December 31, 2015
I bought these for pickles I made to give as Christmas party favors. placed them in burlap bags with a glass pickle ornament tied to the outside of the bags. included a card with the german tradition of the pickle ornament inside the bag. I don't usually can goods or enter county fairs. so I can't comment on all that. but the jars were a little different and I hoped they would convey the message to my guests that I put thought and time into the gift I made.
on September 9, 2015
These have a nice rounded shape with a rounded square bottom. On one side they have a floral motif and on the other side the Quattro Staggioni logo slightly raised in the molded glass.The top has a wide opening and I found very easy to fill. I tried 2 methods of sealing them: one as instructed in the leaflet, in the water bath, and the second by simply filling them with freshly cooked, still very hot jam and then simply turning them over onto the tightly closed lid to cool. They hold the seal beautifully and reliably. The single construction lids hold so well, that I don't even use new lids every season as recommended, and they still seal perfect.
on May 5, 2016
I actually use these for a reason other than the intended use. As a small business I do our product photography and have many props that I must store somehow. In this case I use these lovely jars to store confetti! They are the perfect size to hold the packages of confetti from The Confetti Bar!
review image
4 people found this helpful
on December 10, 2015
Cute little jars and perfect to fill for stocking stuffers — however — the package was NOT wrapped appropriately for GLASS products!!! Grateful this is not Amazon's typical practice!!! Amazing that only one of the darling little jars was broken in thousands of pieces — curbs of glass to clean up.
on March 5, 2015
Bormioli makes some great glass and crystal products. If you want some really stylish jars for your most special preserves, these are a great choice and an acceptable price for imported Italian glass. Hint: Troll the warehouse deals, used means damaged box and they should be fine. I have never been disappointed with a Bormioli purchase.
on December 29, 2015
I used these jars to make LED lights for my fence. I drilled a hole in the top center, Epoxied light socket to a lamp rod, threaded it though the lid and into a bracket I welded together, and painted the top black. These glass and shape of these jars really made the lights look nice, and have a good uniform spread of light.
on March 13, 2013
I bought these for storage (and just to look at). I live in a humid climate where everything rusts.The lids are the standard Mason/Ball regular size, so I swapped out the metal lids for plastic ones

The jars are prettier than the on-line image. I plan to buy more and use as gift containers at Christmas, birthdays, and just fits of niceness.

I noted other reviewers stated there was a problem with breakage. Mine arrived well packaged and unbroken.
on August 20, 2017
Super cute and thick glasses. I love them. I have used Bormioli jars before that are bigger in size and have loved them as well. Very nice product. I will use these from now on for my jams.