Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

Born Again: Miracles Edition
Format: Audio CD|Change

on April 6, 2011
Yes, Tait really brings a special kind of diversity to the Newsboys sound. Like Toby Mac & Kevin Max, he has successfully extended his music career beyond DC Talk. With 20 quality tracks at a currently great price, this is an *excellent* way to experience the new direction.

A few highlights...

"Born Again"- As soon as I saw the video for this on youtube I was hooked. This band has been involved with building projects in Baja Mexico, and it fits *greatly* with the music video and song. Beautiful place; beautiful people.

"Save Your Life"- Takes the place of "Impossible" on the 1st release. Excellent.

"Miracles"- Tait rocks it here. I can see why they created a video and remix.

"Jesus Freak"- A nice blast from the past with a twist. I like it.

"Way Beyond Myself"- 2 solid versions, original and Flatline remix. It's the very deserving remix contest winner.

... And I can *easily* add more to this list. I hesitated to get the 1st Born Again CD- this newer edition is fantastic! While Peter will always be the quintessential Newsboys leader to me, Tait brings a fresh, new vocal dynamic that I believe will likely increase the appeal & impact of the Newsboys' message over time. It's a radical change, to be sure, but I'm thinking it works! And it's not like Peter can never make another Newsboys appearance. If Duran Duran can return, and Mick Jagger is still performing, I'm thinking *anything's* possible with Peter. :) We'll see!

P.S. And then this... Peter's 1st individual single is available this month, with his 1st full solo CD, On Fire, available June 21st. It's new directions all around for Peter and the Newsboys.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on July 20, 2010
I've been a fan of the "Oi Boys" since the early 90's and when I heard Furler was stepping out I knew the newsboy I had known and loved were essentially leaving with him. Then when I discovered that the band was not quitting and that Tait was taking the helm I was extremely skeptical but a little excited to see and hear what the "new" Newsboys would sound like. I was scared that the CD would essentially be Tait's third release (which I wouldn't have minded if it were actually titled Tait). One bit of news that kept me ever hopeful was that Peter Furler would be heavily involved in the writing and producing of the album to help keep their sound distinctly Newsboys.
Now that the CD is out I am both pleased and disappointed (but mostly pleased). The biggest disappointment for me was not the bands sound, its good rock with definitely some Newsboys flavor, it is the total lack of Furler even behind the scenes. This absence is clearly felt and while this CD does indeed have a Newsboys "flavor" its definitely its own entity and feels more like a new Tait CD.
This disappoint aside the CD itself is very good. The original songs are catchy and fun and MOST of the lyrics are solid (facebook/twitter references notwithstanding). The two cover songs that close out the CD aren't bad but aren't very innovative. The "Jesus Freak" cover could have been so much better if Tait and the guys had actually made it their own. KJ-52 is no Toby but his rap is as solid anyone could have done. It will certainly be interesting to see what the future holds for this group but I know I will certainly grab their next release.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on August 17, 2010
Okay, so like a lot of people I was thinking Newsboys was done once Peter left but that really isnt the case. Yeah, Peter was awsome and the Newsboys aren't the same but this is stunning!!! I assumed to hear a half-hearted album that was going to sell big only cuz EVERYBODY wants to hear what Newsboys 2.0 sounds like. WRONG!!! Yeah, it's a totally different sound but its hard to find music this good right now. I listen to a ton of rock and pop stuff coming out of the christian music industry and lately its all been sounding the same. NOT THE CASE HERE!!! Quite fresh. Awsome God-centered lyrics. AND A TON OF FUN TO LISTEN TO!!! Newsboys 1.0 might be over but Tait and the old boys sound great! Best stuff I've heard in too long. Almost brought me back to the old newsboys "Thrive" album. Just with a more pop/electronica feel. At any rate, I have to disagree with all the people crying cuz Peter Furler left. Yes, Peter is awsome and no one can replace him but THIS IS REALLY GREAT STUFF!!! BUY IT!!!
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on October 20, 2016
I love this group!!! Great music!!!! Highly recommend!!!!
on August 14, 2017
One of the best CD I ever had
Great sound, the songs are awesome
Very good. I would recommend it to anyone!!
Great buy, no regrets!
on March 20, 2017
One of my favorites!
on December 26, 2014
Love this whole cd! I am a Catholic girl. What can I say...Every song is my favorite! The sounds and words are so good. I would say cool, hip, sexy! The Newsboys are so talented, each one of them! Micheal Taite makes worshipping Jesus look "Mighty Good!" They all do! Praise God! I never even knew who the Newsboys even were until I saw the movie "God's Not Dead." I just
Love how the Newsboys are unapologetic about an active loving relationship with God.
on June 12, 2014
If there was ever a Christian group out there that I would recommend to people of all ages (and believe me...Christian music is not the only music I listen to). Newsboys has become one of my all time favorite groups. Not only is their music uplifting...it is pleasent to listen to...and I myself have downloaded almost all their albums now..the first being 'God's not Dead"...If you have nit heard them ...thus is a most. It has totally changed my outlook on Christianity!. Thank You Newsboys..for helping to open the door!
on October 30, 2017
I love this CD.
I use it to run because of the upbeat. My kids are 2 and 4 and they know the words and we rock out praising God.
on September 11, 2016
This is the first album I purchased from this band. Never really listened to Christian music until I heard them on the radio (KLOVE I think). Well produced CD, fine rockin' music. Uplifting lyrics and solid rock. I'd like another album of this genre from this band.