Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Tom Cruise delivers a riveting and unforgettable portrayal of Vietnam veteran Ron Kovic in Oliver Stone's Academy Award-winning masterpiece Born on the Fourth of July. Based on a true story, the acclaimed film follows Kovic from a zealous teen who eagerly volunteered for the Vietnam War, to an embittered veteran paralyzed from the mid-chest down. Deeply in love with his country, Kovic returned to an environment vastly different from the one he left, and struggled before emerging as a brave new voice for the disenchanted.
- Digital Copy Expiration Date : December 31, 2013
- Aspect Ratio : 2.35:1
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- MPAA rating : s_medR R (Restricted)
- Product Dimensions : 6.75 x 5.4 x 0.5 inches; 4 Ounces
- Director : Oliver Stone
- Media Format : Multiple Formats, Blu-ray, Color, Widescreen
- Run time : 4 hours and 50 minutes
- Release date : July 3, 2012
- Actors : Tom Cruise, Kyra Sedgwick, Willem Dafoe, Tom Berenger, Stephen Baldwin
- Subtitles: : French, Spanish
- Producers : A. Kitman Ho, Oliver Stone
- Language : English (Dolby Digital 5.1), English (DTS 5.1), French (DTS 5.1), Spanish (DTS 5.1), English (DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1), French (Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo)
- Studio : Universal Pictures Home Entertainment
- ASIN : B007RL2R9M
- Writers : Oliver Stone, Ron Kovic
- Number of discs : 2
- Best Sellers Rank: #105,630 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
a more comprehensive viewpoint of the time and the war. There never has been an American war in which so many soldiers and veterans refused to support it. One point of view says Nixon had to end the ground war because his troops flat-out were refusing duty by the whole unit. This movie demonstrates the frustration of coming home injured from a war everyone hated; what a drag. Ron Kovic's story is on-going and he recently got married and seems like a very happy man who conquered his disability. I love this movie. Watch it. Then read the book.