Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 73 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 208 reviews
on January 26, 2016
Best Bottles I used. My kid only would use this bottle to drink his milk and non other brand. It is very easy to clean. Only have few parts to wash compare with Dr. Brown bottle, so many little parts to wash. This bottle doesn't give my kid any air bubbles.

I wanted to buy this bottle for my friend's baby shower, but I don't see it in store anymore. I'm kind of sad about this. I hope this bottle will never go out of business. Please come back if I ever have another baby. This is the only bottle I would buy.
on April 16, 2008
I wrote a review on these when we'd had them for about a week, and now since we've been using them for a month, I just wanted to say that we STILL love them. The only reason I almost didn't buy them was because so many reviews say that the nipples collapse, but we have never had that happen! Actually, it did happen twice, when I filled bottles in the middle of the night and FORGOT to put the venting pieces back in before giving them to my son. When they are not put together correctly, the nipples easily collapse and leak. When they are put together correctly, I have tried myself, to make them collapse, by sucking on them as hard as I could, twisting them, etc, but I just can't make them collapse at all with the ventilation system in it and pushed down tightly into the top of the bottle, as it is meant to be.

Also note, I have heard from other moms that the Dr. Browns ventilation pieces and nipples fit into these Born Free bottles (the wide mouth ones), so if you prefer that system it should work, and you'll still have the BPA free benefits.

We have used Dr. Browns and Avent bottles, until I read about the BPA issue. Nasty stuff, look it up if you aren't aware of it. Glass bottles would not work for us, but these have been great. I don't notice any difference from the ventilation in the Avent bottles we've been using recently.
on August 24, 2014
I used Born Free for my first child. Didn't like it that much then (see reasons below) but as I invested so much on parts and bottles, I used them again for second child. It's a really bad product.
- leaks when closed too tight
- leaks when too loose
- nipples collapse
- insert can tear if not washed properly
The one thing I liked was that it had less parts to wash than other brands, and that it had glass bottles. Eventually, I did just give up on the leaky bottles (no fun when 1/3 of the milk is leaking onto the baby's clothes), I bought Avent bottles. Very basic, easy to snap parts together and wash. Not sure if the baby is getting a lot of air but he's big now, so it's not so much of a problem.
on March 11, 2015
My son loved these so much, he wants to use them until he goes to college. Luckily, I've been successful in tricking him into believing they no long seller these at the store or online... As far as bottles go, these worked best for us, especially if you're trying keep your baby from all that unpleasant gassiness that comes with bottle drinking sometimes.
VINE VOICEon November 20, 2008
I ordered these bottles to replace my Dr. Brown's bottles when my daughter was about 5 months because they were BPA free. I was worried that she wouldn't take the new bottles well because they were a different size and shape but she didn't hesitate at all.

We have had no problems with these bottles. She is now 11 months and they have held up great.

The one thing that I didn't like about the Dr. Brown's bottles I originally had was all of the different parts. While the Born Free bottles have just as many parts to wash, you do not need a special small brush for these like you do with the Dr. Brown's bottles which I like.
on March 25, 2017
I bought this bottle for my baby because the dr brown bottle has leaking problem. But after the bottles were different from the website picture, the nipple ring was green instead of white. The measure mark start losing color after sterilizing in the boiling water.! check the picture!
on June 13, 2011
With my first baby, bpa was not an issue and the information was not around to warn us. When it hit the media, my daughter was older and down to one bottle a day so I bought a twin pack to get us by. They have certainly come down in price since other companies have come out with their own versions.

Although I love them, the parts are a bit of a pain, but manageable.

I have since has another baby and bought a few more and still love them. We never have leaking problems at all. I actually have another brand (avent) as well as I have their breast pump and pump Into the avent bottles. Just a tip too, these bottles fit the avent nipples which are cheaper and they have more flow options. I hope to use the trainer cup kit to transition to a sippy when The time comes.

Feel confident when purchasing this brand for your feeding needs.
on May 19, 2011
I have no problem with the function of the actual bottles, but I was surprised when I opened my package and found Born Free bottles with BRIGHT GREEN collars and caps. They are some sort of "eco" edition, not regular bottles with the standard white collars and clear plastic caps that I was expecting. I have twins and was looking for something easy to assemble (well, easier than Dr. Brown's) and I prefer a wide mouth bottle. I used Avent bottles with my first child, but read terrible reviews about the new BPA free version leaking terribly. I did track down some new Avents (the honey colored ones) and haven't had any issues with them leaking. I wish the 9 oz Born Free Bottles came with a Stage 2 nipple rather than a Stage 1. By the time a baby has outgrown the smaller 5 oz bottles, they are probably 3-6 months old and at the age which the faster flowing Stage 2 nipple is intended.
on October 21, 2009
For our first kid back in mid 2007, we succumbed to the BPA paranoia and dumped our beloved Avent (Polycarbonate) bottles for these expensive Born Free BPA-free Polyether Sulphone bottles. And they have served us faithfully for two years (our 2 year old is still using them). But I curse every time I have to wash the bottles, with their two extra complicated parts (compared to the Avent bottles). In Sept 2009, we had our second child, and we went back to Avent. Since every other maker of bottles has a line of BPA-free bottles, we no longer have to accept such a complicated bottle with so many extra parts. So this time around, we went straight back to Avent's new Polypropylene (PPE) BPA-free bottles. No more Born Free for us! (But becareful with Avent...don't buy the honey-colored PES BPA-free bottles, which come in the yellow-color box. These PES bottles leak! Buy the PPE Avent BPA-free bottles, which are cloudy in appearance and come in the blue-colored box).
on December 17, 2007
I purchased the Born Free Bottles after reading that the Dr. Brown's bottles I was using had BPA in them that could cause neurological problems in infants. My daughter was 14 months and I was trying to get her off the bottle (without success) so I kept putting off the purchase. I finally bought 2 of the bottles and I am glad I did. It took her a day or 2 to get used to the wide mouth nipple. If your baby is used to a regular nipple they do have to adjust to a different way of sucking with these. I purchased the Born Free over a glass bottle because I wanted a bottle that would reduce the amount of air she got. This does a fairly good good, not as good as the Dr. Brown's (that is why 4 not 5 stars). She still sucks some air when she swallows. It is not recommended to put this in the dishwasher so you have to hand wash them with a gentle soap. I use 7th generation soap. You can still use a bottle warmer though. Overall, a good bottle, decent colic reducer, peace of mind that it is not made of harmful plastics.