Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on March 4, 2017
Not really sure why, but I like Born Losers. I saw it when it first came out, and liked it then. Maybe it's the story of someone standing up to the toughies who terrorize the locals, I don't know. A quiet, self confident fellow who takes all he can before finally standing up and handling the situation when the locals can't/won't.
4 people found this helpful
on December 17, 2013
I remember watching Billy Jack in the early 80's and how anybody can not like this his character. Now that he has passed(may Tom Laughlin RIP) I was going to watch his movie that I was planning to watch in my Instant Que on NF. When I read an article about two other Billy Jack movies I never knew existed, Born Losers and BJ goes to Washington I started searching for them and found them here on Amazon. I like watching movies and there sequels in the order they were made or are suppose to be. Anyways, when I found out this movie had to do about BillyJack fighting lawless biker dudes who wear swastikas and acting loony(and at times bisexual) I was immediately intrigued. The movie storyline and the kung fu action was evened out pretty good throughout the film. A few gripes I had was maybe they could have used a little better kind of film and some of the acting and stupid decision making by the girls,and the police being cowarrds. Other than that the film was good.
5 people found this helpful
on January 28, 2018
I saw the movie "Billy Jack" when it originally released and especially enjoyed the fight scenes. The movie itself was solid as well with a charming independent feel and overall positive message. Now many decades later I finally got around to seeking out its predecessor - "Born Losers". It was described as a gritty biker-gang-terrorizes-community typical drive-in movie fare of the time. There wasn't much mention of martial-arts scenes, but surely they would be there. Tom Laughlin was more than capable of delivering them. But he didn't. This movie is everything one would hope for in a low-budget but well made good guy prevails in the end film. Only one thing would have made it more complete and that would have been more, or really ANY, good fight scenes. Still it's worth a watch for the late-'60s flashback.
One person found this helpful
on January 27, 2008
This was the start of the Billy Jack Legacy as this movie hit the theaters on August 18 1967 starring Tom Laughlin as Billy Jack, Elizabeth James as Vicky Barrington, and Jeremy Slate as Daniel Carmody. A motorcycle gang led by Daniel Danny Carmody rides through the local towns terrorizing the people and the local law is afraid of them. Enters Vicky Barrington who races to the airport to pick up her dad only to find out that she was rejected again. While the gang is riding the come across a young kid who they beat up and Billy Jack comes to his rescue. Billy is arrested along with the bikers and thrown in jail. The gang ends up raping four women who they have threaten the women into not testifying. Vicki who was raped goes under the protection of Billy Jack who has also had several altercations with the gang. The gang escalates their pressure on both Vicki and Billy Jack to keep her out of the courtroom. Some facts you may not know. This picture was banned from Sweden because of its high violence rating in 1968, 1972, and 1975. When Billy Jack and Vicky go into eat at a local restaurant they are met by an astrologer. The astrologer asks Billy when his birthday is, Billy told him August 10, and that is the real birthday of Tom Laughlin. Thoughts on the movie! I thought it was a great movie that kept my interest all the way through. You can see way Tom Laughlin did all four Billy jack pictures because he was excellent in his role as Billy Jack. Elizabeth James was excellent in her role as Vicky Barrington. She was gorgeous riding around in that white bikini on her bike. Because of Vicky and the action in this movie I give this picture 5 weasel stars.
5 people found this helpful
on September 11, 2012
This movie i rate good,has a soft music menu also has some scratches in the film that i noticed.
Running Time on this is 113m.
Good stereo separation on the commentary but also very loud!
The commentary with Tom and Delores were Outta-Sync with what they were discussing.
In the movie those 4 chicks were just asking for trouble and they found it with the bikers,guess they were curious.
What a dumb idot,the guy in the volkswagon mouthing off to a bunch of bikers that were,and did kick his ass they wouldn't let up once they got him.
Make him pay!
He made the mistake of not keeping his eyes to himself when pulling up next to them.
The 1 chick on the back of Child's bike,who is a really cool dude,ruthless looking,enticed him by using a mouth gesture but he was staring before that.
Bad move on his part and after he accidently hit the Pres bike his mouth got him in trouble,the Pres was gonna let it go.
I think the part that got me was hearing his two front teeth break.
That Gangrene was a woman hitter with his fist yet and Speechless was something else too along with Crabs.
Two male bikers kissing was a turn off for me Yuck,but to each his own.
Liked Jack Starrett,that was a good role for him.
When you run up against that many bikers it's best to keep your eyes forward and your mouth shut and pray and hope they don't start something with you or anyone else for that matter.
I would recommend this movie,in spite of everything i enjoyed it.
3 people found this helpful
on August 13, 2017
Good movie. Well done. Enjoyable.
on October 25, 2016
Great film. The start of an iconic character. Billy Jack fans must watch movie.
on February 11, 2016
I saw this at a Drive-in theater when it first came out. I bought it just to jog my memory bank.
on January 11, 2016
GREAT !
on December 21, 2014
one of his best I think....