Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 33 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 35 reviews
on May 23, 2015
FIT: I have not wide, but maybe slightly wider-than-average feet, and a slightly higher-than-average arch, I'd say. I usually wear a size 9.5, but for these a 9.0 M was a perfect fit. And I mean perfect. Granted, I tried them on at an REI beforehand, but the only 9.0 M they had in stock had some bad stitching in front; so I purchased from Amazon for the same price. I would advise sizing down .5 or so. At first, you may try them on and think they're a bit snug; but after a couple of days they stretch out a little, and you're left with a foot-hugging shoe --at least I was. I was also concerned about the back lip rubbing my ankle: It did the first couple of days, and then it was gone.

PROFILE: The shoes are low-profile, making them look modern and not bulky. The sole appears thin. But don't confuse this for lack of cushion, as they are incredibly comfortable. My past shoes of similar style but larger-looking soles were relatively firm. In these I can walk anywhere all day long.

QUALITY: Leather seemed a bit thin and pliable upon first inspection. I put some Wilson's lotion on them and then some spray protectant. To my surprise, the leather is holding up better than my old Keens, which appeared to have thicker leather. Color has not changed a bit since I bought them, and there are fewer wrinkles than with my Keens, surprisingly. Maybe because it's softer leather. The stitching may seem odd and sloppy at first, but it's just the appearance that you would get with many hand-stitched products.

APPEARANCE: I absolutely love the lighter shade of brown of these shoes. Most comps are darker. These stand out and look more 'expensive' and unique, in my opinion. The thinner sole doesn't make it look like I'm ready for a hike, but ready to hit the town. You can wear these shoes on practically any informal or semi-formal occasion.

VALUE: At $105 just about anywhere you buy these shoes, it's a bit lower than many comps, surprisingly. Considering the above, it's possible the best-valued casual shoe I've ever bought.
on July 23, 2017
The shoes were terribly tight, the heel cut into my heel right away, making it bleed. Sent them back the next day, two years later I realized they never issued the refund! I purchased from 'Martin's Online and never again would I order with this distributor. Buyer beware.
on July 31, 2016
Initially, these felt somewhat small, but conformed to my feet very quickly. Comfortable shoes are difficult to find at 71, so these are a pleasant experience. They are comfortable, and although they are leather, they aren't hot even after several hours of wear. They have good arch support, the footbed is comfortable, and the sole gives good contact with the ground. It's like finding a really excellent car, they make walking as good as it used to be. I use a long shoehorn to put them on, especially if I leave the laces tied, but it isn't necessary all the time. They are definitely easy off, and can be slip-ons/offs. The leather is supple and looks good at the same time. They are unequivocally, excellent.
on September 1, 2016
i have owned many pairs of born shoes over the years (they make great shoes), but these are horrible. back panel is connected to the shoe with elastic materials (near the heel) which stretched out after the first wear. bottom line, i slide out of the shoes when walking up hill. buy born, but don't buy these.
on June 30, 2017
Wonderful shoes! Very well made and extremely comfortable. Very good quality show. I highly recommend.
on March 2, 2016
At first I didn't know whether this shoe was going to work, because I have wide feet, and it was a lot more narrow than I expected. They were tight at first. After wearing the shoes for a few days, they stretched out well. Didn't like the elastic in the shoes at first, because they slid up and down during the break in period.

They're very light weight, and I like them now that they're broken in. The polish on the shoes seems to come off very easily.
on January 23, 2017
I really enjoy these shoes. They look great with jeans and are casual without being athletic shoes. Compared with other Born shoes, the fit is a little snug. I must have owned 10 pair in my life (currently about 5 different pair of Born) and this is the first pair that fit tight (normally wear a 10.5, but it's a little snug in this shoe)
on March 12, 2014
my ONLY complain is there may be a little too much arch support. But other than that they are INCREDIBLE. they fit a feel like tennis shoes, but are a little more appropriate for work. if you like the way they look, you will LOVE the way they feel.
on April 5, 2016
The shoe looks great. The typical cushy inner that I am used to with Born shoes is not in this one. Not as cushy as I like. Also the back lip, though easy for me to get used to the rub on my ankle, this morning I was putting on the shoe and the elastic ripped away from the leather back. I like the shoe but I would not buy it again.
on February 23, 2017
I own eight or ten pairs of Born shoes and this new pair is among my favorites for appearance, comfort, and style. They work great with blue jeans and a sweater/sweatshirt. Finding them on sale was a real plus.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.