Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 25 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 43 reviews
on March 8, 2017
After a while this book became boring, and I didn't care too much for it. I've since sold it at the nearest Half Price Books store I could find.
on December 1, 2015
This is a great a book. I know the author we went to school together I'm so glad that he chose to share his life and be this strong.
on November 13, 2015
We need to tell our stories.
on September 12, 2015
Great
on December 23, 2014
Not too thrilled with this book.

Try Raising My Rainbow instead.
on November 16, 2014
Almost whimsical look at photographs from the childhood of gays and lesbians in the US. Regardless of your views about whether gays and lesbians are "born this way", it is an affirmative and sometimes humorous look at childhood years.
on July 28, 2014
An interesting read, "Born This Way" is worth the price. It provides the reader with a look into what it is like to grow up gay. Sad, funny, poignant, and sweet, the book's content can provide insight for parents whose kids may be indeed be growing up gay. Recommended without reservation.
on July 22, 2014
Not much information for my understanding. Waste of my $$$$$
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 9, 2014
Not that great of a book. I have it in my office for students and they are not impressed with it.
on January 19, 2014
I learned two weeks ago that my 19 year old son is gay. Yes, it came as a complete shock to his family and no, it didn't surprise his friends at all. I love all of my wonderful children unconditionally and I am figuring out how best to embrace this and be the best mom I can be. I found this book so insightful and interesting! The pictures are adorable and the messages are poignant and heartfelt. I'm so happy I have stumbled upon it and I really want my whole family to read it.