Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change
Price:$6.88+ Free shipping

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 30 reviews
on May 12, 2016
There are actually two stories by different authors in this book. The first story by Mary Monroe moved at a pretty good clip with a few well placed twists but ultimately was anti-climactic in the end. Not sure I would ever read another one of her stories. Victor McGlothin on the other hand I truly enjoy, I haven't finished his story in this book but I have read his "Ms. Etta's Fast House", which should totally be turned into a movie! In "Borrow Trouble" it follows some of his characters from Ms. Etta's before they become who they are in Ms. Etta's. Absolutely love his writing style and character development!
on July 8, 2013
but for some reason the page keeps disappearing, all my words disappear and i have to write them all over again. Then it asks me to put in 20 more words??? I have done this over and over again and now I am tired of it and will not waste any more time on it. I think your problem is too many windows popping up. I have enjoyed all of these books but I am not going to spend all night trying to figure this out. I have spent more time on this than I want to. ****************************************************************************************************************************************************
VINE VOICEon December 2, 2016
I enjoyed this novel. Mary Monroe always delivers and her short story was good.
Also this was my first time reading anything by Victor McGlothin and I liked his story "Bad Luck Shadow".

5/5 stars
on December 4, 2006
Mary Monroe's story 'Nightmare in Paradise' will have you saying 'What looks good to you is not always good for you' and this story definitely fits that description! Great story but her stories always are!

Victor McGlothin's story 'Bad Luck Shadow' takes you back in time when pimps were pimps and hustlers were hustlers! You will fall in love with Baltimore Floyd because despite the hustles that he pulls, you will find that he has a kind heart. Victor took us in a different direction with this story if you have read his previous books and he did it in style! Another great story by Victor McGlothin!
on August 14, 2016
I really enjoyed reading this book, the exciting and adventure of the story made it easier to follow alone. A great fan of Mary Monroe writing.
on June 3, 2014
"Nightmare in Paradise" was good but ended too abruptly, sorta like it was rushed.
"Bad luck showdown" was confusing from start to finish, thought the action taking place would caught your attention.
Usually love all her books but this collaboration was a bit tricky.
on June 11, 2013
mary monroe always gets me with her book..but to partner up with another talented writer just put me over the top and got me opened! great book, but i'm not mad at this young lady for what she did, and s$%^ happens! all in all, she was strong!!! now Victor? He got Mr. Baltimore unrelenting smooth character! I was in love with this man! BRAVO!
on April 30, 2016
I enjoyed this book although I wish it was a bit longer.
on June 9, 2016
It was OK.
on August 6, 2015
Great book. Have to keep reading to see what will happen next.