|Item Weight||18.6 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||20.1 x 16 x 5.5 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||11236VS|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
Bosch 11236VS 7.5 Amp 1-1/8-Inch SDS Rotary Hammer
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Variable speed (0-3,900 beats per minute) functionality with tool-free bit changes
- Multi-function selector includes three modes of operation--rotation only, rotary hammer, and hammer only
- Double-insulated, OSHA-compliant hard plastic construction
- Includes hammer, handle, depth gauge, and case
- Backed by one-year warranty
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
- SDS-Plus bit system offers tool-free bit changes with automatic bit locking, dust protection, and maximum impact-energy transfer rate
- Multifunction selector offers 3 modes of operation: rotation-only, rotary hammer, and hammer-only mode
- Variable-speed 3-finger trigger delivers better operator control and accurate bit starting
- Vario-Lock positioning rotates and locks chisel into 36 different positions to optimize working angle
- Padded rear handle absorbs shock for operator comfort
- 360-degree auxiliary handle with built-in depth gauge delivers wide range of movement, along with consistent drilling depth
- Integral clutch helps minimize torque reaction
- Double-insulated, UL-listed, complies to OSHA
- Rating: 120 volts AC
- Amps: 7.5 amps
- No-load speed: 0 to 850 rpm
- No-load beats per minute: 0 to 3,900 bpm
- Impact energy: 2.6 ft./lbs.
- Max hole diameter in concrete: 1-1/8 inches
- Max hole diameter in concrete (thin-wall core bit): 3 inches
- Max hole diameter in wood: 1-1/4 inches
- Optimal concrete capacity range: 1/4 to 7/8 inch
- Length: 15-1/4 inches
- Weight: 9.3 lbs.
- Auxiliary handle
- Depth gauge
- Carrying case
This Bosch power tool comes with a one-year limited warranty from the date of purchase.
Top Customer Reviews
A few days ago, I checked out some of the reviews on here, and grew concerned about the chuck loosening up. Sure enough, when I checked it out, it moved about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch with a 12 inch bit. I took it back.
B.T.W., I contacted Bosch, and they basically said that SDS-Plus hammers aren't designed for much chipping. I do chip alot, so I am probably going to take thier suggestion and get an SDS-Max hammer. I may still get a Bosch.
If you are planning on buying this hammer for drilling, it is probably a great tool (and the case is very well organized). If you plan on doing any chipping besides some very light chipping, I suggest getting an SDS-Max or spline drive. You may be disappointed in any SDS-Plus hammer.
The variable speed control is the best I have ever used. You can actually start the drill from 0, 1, 2, 3...RPMs.
This tool is great but it does have what I consider one major flaw! It does not have a reverse. Are You kidding ME! - What was Bosch thinking! Even the next lower model has reverse!! Granted you only really need it if you bind up a bit. When using this tool always have a good pair of vise grips handy.
Also the unit is somewhat sloppy (lateral motion at the end of the bit) even when brand new. I don't think it's a big problem if your primarily drilling. But if your primary use is chipping, and you need accuracy (so as to not disturb surrounding area), you might want to try another tool.
Overall a great tool for the handyman, and a great price at Amazon!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I already have 4 drills so I guess another one wouldn't hurt. This drill even though is heavy has excellent balance. Read morePublished on June 30, 2014 by lex
Saved some money getting the older model, should have got the new one with the anti vib handle, also kinda wishing I'd went with the bigger spline unit. Read morePublished on March 31, 2014 by T Bolton
Bought this for a Canadian friend who built a house in Mexico. Was actually intended for his foreman, because his old hammer/drill was about worn out. Read morePublished on March 30, 2012 by Walter K Fritzler
This thing is AWESOME. Powerful, efficient, and a true work horse. So far, I have drilled no less than 1,000 1/2" diameter holes about 6" deep, and this thing hasn't skipped a... Read morePublished on October 25, 2011 by ddstsm
I have used this model of Bosch rotary hammer for 20 years now. I bought it for use in my gold mine in the early 1990s and it has never let me down. Read morePublished on April 10, 2011 by Jim Hinkle
I have used this Roto hammer for five years and never had a problem with it. I work it hard but I take care of it too.Published on January 30, 2011 by Contractor