|Item Weight||15.2 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||24.8 x 16.8 x 6 inches|
|Item model number||RH540M|
|Style||Combination Rotary Hammer|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number of Handles||2|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $35.30 shipping
4 Year Home Improvement Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- No deductibles or added cost. Parts, labor and shipping included.
- Drops, spills and cracked screens covered on day one for portable products.
- Other breakdowns covered after the manufacturer's warranty expires.
- File a claim online or by phone 24/7.
- If we can't repair it, we'll replace it or reimburse the purchase price with an Amazon e-gift card.
Bosch 1-9/16-Inch SDS-Max Combination Rotary Hammer RH540M
To access this option, go to Your Orders and choose Get product support.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- CONVENIENT: The Bosch RH540M Combo Rotary Hammer features the SDS-max Bit System for tool-free bit changes with automatic bit locking, dust protection and maximum impact energy transfer rate.
- POWER: This rotary hammer provides the best in class impact energy of 6.1 ft.-lbs. Weighing only, 15.2 lbs., the RH540M provides maximum productivity in all day drilling and chiseling applications.
- VERSATILE: The RH540M features a combination dual mode selector knob to allow users to select between hammer drilling, chiseling only and the Vario-Lock function.
- EFFICIENT: With Varo-Lock Positioning, the rotary hammer rotates and locks chisel into 12 different positions to optimize working angle. The tool also comes complete with service minder brushes to notify users when maintenance is needed.
- VARIABLE SPEED: The variable speed dial allows for controlled drilling and chiseling applications. The motor is rated at 170 to 340 RPM in rotary mode and 1,200 to 2,750 BPM in hammer mode, which will easily reduce concrete to dust.
|Save on AmazonBasics and SupplyMaster Safety Gear|
SupplyMaster Disposable Exam Nitrile Gloves, 400 pk $24.30
AmazonBasics Blue Light Blocking Safety Glasses, 12pk $54.99
AmazonBasics Noise Reduction Safety Earmuffs $11.96
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
RH540M 1-9/16-Inch SDS-max Combination Hammer
The Bosch RH540M 1-9/16-Inch SDS-max Combination Hammer delivers 6.1 ft.-lbs. of impact energy for maximum productivity in all-day drilling and chiseling applications. Concrete contractors will love working with this hard-hitting and versatile hammer. It uses the SDS-max bit system for easy bit changes and the Vario-Lock mechanism to position a bit for the best working angles, both of which makes the tool more efficient, saving time and money.
(1) RH540M 1-9/16-Inch SDS-max Combination Hammer, (1) Auxiliary Handle, (1) Carrying Case
- Amperage: 12
- Chuck Design: Keyless
- Cord Length: 8 Feet
- No Load BPM: 1,500-2,900
- No Load RPM: 170-340
- Voltage: 120-Volts
Flexible and Functional
The Bosch RH540M 1-9/16-Inch SDS-max Combination Hammer delivers 6.1 ft.-lbs. of impact energy, making it the hardest hitting and fastest drilling rotary hammer in its class. Delivering 38 percent more impact energy than previous generations and up to 20 percent more than other combo rotary hammers in its class, it has a no-load 170 to 340 rpm, while delivering 1,200 to 2,750 blows per minute. This tool easily handles block or tile and drills through tough materials but weighs just over 15 pounds and is only 19 inches in length.
SDS-max and Integral Clutch Bring Convenience
Bosch's SDS-max allows for tool-free and one-handed bit changes, making the combo hammer even more versatile. The operator twists the bit and pushes it until it clicks into place and locks automatically, and it's good to go. The system also provides dust protection and a maximum impact energy transfer rate. The tool's integral clutch disengages the torque transmission if the bit gets into a bind situation, providing protection for the tool and less fatigue for the operator. Constant electronics provide soft start and maintain constant speed under load – this also protects against an overload situation.
The Bosch RH540M allows the user to get the most productivity from the tool with Vario-Lock Positioning. This mechanism rotates and locks the bit into 12 different positions to optimize the working angle, so the hammer is more effective reducing concrete to dust. A simple twist of the locking sleeve will secure the chisel. The auxiliary handle rotates 360 degrees so the operator can set it exactly where it will be the most operational to use. The auxiliary handle provides additional control and improved depth accuracy.
Adaptable and Effective
The Bosch RH540M Combination Hammer has a Combination Dual Mode Selector Knob allows the tool to be switched between rotary mode or hammer-only mode. This allows for controlled drilling and chiseling applications and precise hole placement. Service minder brushes on the tools also keep them running at maximum capacity, as the tools clearly indicate when preventive maintenance is required. Innovative service modules are designed to let a qualified service technician quickly replace the brushes and cord.
With best-in-class impact energy at 6.1 foot pounds, the RH540M SDS-max Rotary Hammer is the hardest hitting and fastest drilling rotary hammer in its class. Delivering 38 percent more impact energy than previous generations and up to 20 percent more than competitors, the RH540M provides maximum productivity in all day drilling and chiseling applications. A variable speed dial for both drilling and chiseling applications allows users to adjust tool settings based on the application and material they're tackling and a selector knob makes it easy to switch between hammer drilling, chiseling only and the Varo-Lock function. The Varo-Lock mechanism allows chisels to be rotated into 12 different positions to optimize working angles. The tools' new, robust design keeps it working hard on jobsites. The RH540 tools both feature 12 amps and weigh just 14.2 pounds, delivering 1,200 to 2,750 blows per minute. Service minder brushes on the tools also keep them running at maximum capacity, as the tools clearly indicate when preventive maintenance is required. As with all Bosch SDS-max tools, the RH540M allows users to make tool-free bit changes with automatic bit locking and offers enhanced dust protection and maximum energy transfer rate. The Bosch RH540M 1-9/16-Inch SDS-max Combination Rotary Hammer kit includes an auxiliary handle and a carrying case.
63 customer reviews
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Below are some helpful facts I gathered in my search for the "right" hammer drill:
1) SDS and SDS-Plus bits are not compatible with an SDS Max chuck. (However an SDS bit will fit in an SDS-Plus chuck)
2) The RH540M can rotate clockwise & hammer, rotate counterclockwise & hammer or just hammer.
3) 1-9/16" is the largest diameter drill bit it is designed to use. (I believe the largest core bit recommended is 4")
4) The RH540M is big, heavy & powerful.
In retrospect, I should have gone with a cheaper hammer drill on the order of $250 with an SDS-Plus Chuck. The Bosch RH540M was more hammer drill than I needed. I have some future projects in mind that will require drilling into concrete. Even so, I don't think I will ever use it to its full potential. It is a professional level tool.