Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 15 reviews
on February 27, 2007
Before purchasing this tool I researched a number of different manufactures and when you compare the battery amp hrs., the available clutch settings, the torque (in inch pounds) and the metal gears in the motor, there's only one choice. Bosch is a new brand for me. I've used cordless drills for 32 years now (yes, 32 years) but I've been reluctant to change brands until now. I'm glad I took the chance because this thing has quality written all over it. It's so comfortable it fits like a glove. Power to spare for a 9.6 volt model and a clever clutch chuck for one handed bit changes. The only complaint I have is the same problem with all my cordless drills, why don't they give some extra room in the case for spare bits? They used to! I carry a fair assortment of spade bits, vix bits and quick release bits... but not in the case, where they would be most handy. Bosch, Porter Cable, Dewalt are you listening? I would rate the drill 5 stars but the case is essential for work sites so I have to take that into account.
on December 16, 2007
I chose this drill because I wanted a little smaller drill than my Makita. Many times the Makita has been too large to use in a tight place. I will have to say that the Makita is one strong and reliable drill though.

I have found that the 9.6 volt Bosch has a lot of torque also. Just to try it out, I drove some 8# 1 1/2" screws in seasoned walnut without any pilot holes. It did it with ease. I think it will be a great addition to my shop.

I was surprised that the drill is made in Switzerland, the batteries in Poland, and the charger in China. But they make a nice set. I like the feel of the drill and newer style chuck. I think I'm going to be quite pleased with it and expect to get several years of use from it.

If you are looking for a well-made drill, I don't think you will be disappointed with this one.
on January 17, 2007
I bought this drill because I liked the design. The ergonomics are excellent and it feels like a quality unit. Unfortunately, it has not lived up to my expectations. The switch failed after less than a year, and Bosch kindly replaced the entire drill rather than repairing it. Now, however, the batteries are failing and they are just barely past their 18 month warranty limit, and of course a pair of new batteries cost nearly as much as the whole drill kit. I have a DeWalt 9.6v drill that's about seven or eight years old, and its original batteries are stronger than the Bosch's which are one-fifth as old. I understand that Bosch has bumped up the warranty on newer batteries to 2 years, but that's cold comfort to me.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2016
got this in may of 2006, and the batteries now have to be replaced. other than that, very good!
on May 27, 2017
Batteries won't hold a charge.
on July 3, 2006
With such an excellent product, my title describes this drill.

It's easily the best, with the added bonus of a spare battery, it's light, perfect for those single handed over-the-head jobs about the house. has a well designed handle grip, a reverse that does the job, no fiddling with a chuck key, quiet motor, a sturdy carrying box, and a holder for that screw bit drill.

Highly recommended.
on May 18, 2006
I bought this drill to replace my 12v hitachi and it has impressed me in every way. i love the weight and i bought extra batteries for it so i have enough to go all day with out any problems. get the blue core ones if you can they are cheap enough at the 9.6 level that it makes more sence to have more batteries and a lighter tool. great work bosch. lets see some more Lithium-Ion tools in your future.
on December 4, 2007
Here's the secret -- those huge 18V batteries make a drill too heavy for most users, and it's NOT size that matters. It's TORQUE. This particular model has the same torque (turning force) of larger drills, and the battery life is more than adequate for everyone except drywall installers who use it all day long. Beware similar looking models, that may be cheaper, but have a fraction of the power of this baby. The ultimate test? My wife loves it! Of course it has keyless chuck, adjustable torque, reversible, extra battery, charger and case. A perfect homeowner tool.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.