Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 22 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 30 reviews
on March 27, 2012
In Jan, I purchased a BOSCH tankless water heater from Amazon and installed by myself.

First, the temperature is not good. Then I adjust the machina as manual.
Shower? immposible, wash hand, just wait 10 second I have the warm water each time.

Then, days later, I found the outlet pipe was melt and water full of my bathroom. 8-<
After replaced 2 pipe, the machine's plastic shell began to melt and I smell something like plastic be burn.

Turn off the power and uninstall, and want to return it.
I found it is already expired the return time window.

Then, I make a cal to the manufacturer's number.

WOW, they surprise me!

They let me hire a lienced electrian first, then call them.
I said, I have some background about the electric even thogh my english is not good, but they want to know my license number.
F.....!

The next thing is funny!
They said it is my second time call them......
That's m first time call BOSCH (and it will be my last time).
So, I know there are many users maybe face same problem with me.

Then, I ask the lady, what shall I do.
Do I need contact with other dept for troubleshooting? because the machine have manufacturer warranty by law at least as I know.
She ask me: which law, sir?
I ask her what shall I do as a user(unlucky one) when BOSCH products need aftersevice like this situation.
She said: Hire a Eletrian first, then check the machine, then ,let the electrian make a call to BOSCH.
I said, this machine is just cost 174 dollar, if have a electrian, maybe cost much more then 174...

"Sir, you have to hire a Electrian first, then, make a call to us...."

So regret not use my recorder to record the talk.
I droped off the phone and said to myself: Never ever purchase anything from BOSCH...

Then, come here write something.
If you want to purchase something with BOSCH service number 866-642-3199, Pay Attention, thinking more.
on December 29, 2015
I bought this unit to replace a Powerstream RP1 which is an almost identical unit.. The powersteam lasted 11 years.. These units work like they are supposed to. We have instant hot water at our kitchen sink at 124 degrees at a flow rate of just over 1 gal. per minute..
After 7 months the thermal cut out turned the unit off several times. I called customer service, they suspected the flow switch wasn't turning the unit off like it's supposed to letting it over heat and tripping the unit off. They sent a new flow switch which I installed myself and so far the unit working like it is supposed to.
on October 28, 2013
This is our second unit in ten years. (The first one probably still works, but I need to de-lime the flow switch diaphram from all the well water deposits) We use this for heating water at our family cabin. Located under the kitchen sink, it has enough temperature rise to get dishwater hot enough to really clean pots and pans. Temperature rise is inverse to flow rate. With the flow way down at the kitchen tap, we can actually get the water uncomfortably hot. Our shower is about thirty feet away, and we just turn the hot water all the way on, and add just enough cold to get to a comfortable temperature, The flow is just enough to get a shower spray, but the spray won't wow you.
on December 12, 2010
The first unit I received out of the box leaked. Unit was replaced without any trouble. It has been working just fine until a few weeks ago. Unit is out of warranty, so I am just making a comment. After reading another review on the unit not shutting off, mine does the same thing. On low setting it burst the plastic tubing I had connected to it. I replaced it with copper tubing to find out that the unit was not shutting off, but constantly tripping the reset button. I am going to try a dfferent brand as this one is not safe.
on January 5, 2017
I'm using it for radiant floor heating, it works perfectly. I'm still using the old one for about 4 years now , bought this as a back up.
Before heating I used it temporarily for hot water, it worked ok with low water shower head
on March 4, 2013
I have not installed this unit. Approx 8 years ago when I built my home I purchased two of these heaters and installed them. They have been trouble free since. I suspected one was going out and quickly ordered the one from Amazon.com to have ready to change out in the event it was needed. The problem was elsewhere so I have this one as a spare if needed. This is a small size heater, servicing only a shower and two sinks and is installed in lieu of a standard hot water heater. These heaters are perfect if you have the proper size for intended use.
on July 18, 2012
Recieved before predicted delivery. Received in perfect condition. Easy install except for #8 wiring which is hard to handle and run entire length of garage.
Worked exactly as advertised. My house pressure at well is 40-60#. I measured the incomming water temp and outgoing temp. Output is well within spec. Water temp of 110-120 deg F at faucets and shower is more than enough. Electric bill was not adversely affected. Good job.
on February 26, 2016
Burned up 10 days after warranty expired!
on August 20, 2013
I've had this unit about four years. I chose the double element setting. It would occasional trip the 40 amp breaker. Lastly, the flow switch kicked out and stopped the unit, leading me to replace it. I've also used the eemax EX 95 , an equivalent, for four years and it is hassle free and less purchase price. Go with the eemax.
on February 5, 2010
Less than 2 months after installation, this unit will not turn off. It has burst PEX tubing three times due to the overheat condition, and started to smoke and sizzle multiple times.

It will *not* turn off even with both in and out water valves closed, and we have to flip the breakers to render it safe.

That of course means no hot water -- kind of why we bought the unit to start with.

The company is using every excuse in the book to not honor the warranty. They want me to a) hire a technician (at my expense) to troubleshoot the item on site, b) install copper tubing (also at my expense - despite being reminded water hot enough to melt PEX is too hot for skin), c) move the setting to low (meaning lukewarm water), and send them a $100 deposit which upon return of the defective unit, at their discretion, they might refund "if the unit does in fact requires warranty service".

An honorable company would send a new unit and an RMA for the defective one, not seek to place blame (however illogical) on the purchaser. Nor should I be required to do field repairs on the pressure switch (or pay a pro) on a $200 item.

I am being given the run-around, talking to person after person, and the company is using every possible excuse to wiggle out of honoring their warranty.

The unit is unsafe at this point, and represents a fire, flooding, and/or serious scalding risk.

A new unit may or may not have these risks, but I can't be sure BECAUSE THE COMPANY WON'T SEND ME ANOTHER ONE despite the unit being only 2 months old and their "troubleshooting" requires *ME* to spend more on technicians than the original purchase price of the unit.
1111 comments| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question