|Item Weight||4 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||7 x 3.5 x 4 inches|
|Item model number||DDS181A-02|
|Batteries||2 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||(1) Drill/Driver, (2) SlimPack Batteries, (1) Charger, (1) Double-Ended Phillips Bit, (1) Carrying Bag|
|Battery Cell Type||Lithium Ion|
|Warranty Description||Limited 1 Year|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Home Improvement Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Bosch 18V Compact Tough ½ In. Drill/Driver Kit DDS181A-02 with SlimPack Batteries
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- POWER: Featuring a lighter, four pole open frame motor, the Bosch DDS181A drill/driver kit offers more power in a smaller, more compact size. It offers 600 in.-lbs. of torque with two drilling speeds; 0-1,700 rpm for high speed and 0-500 rpm for torque.
- COMPACT: This cordless drill weighs only 2.8 lbs, making it the ideal tool for all day work and tough jobs. The soft-grip wrapped housing fits comfortably in hand for extended working time
- CONVENIENT: The heavy-duty, all-metal chuck helps to prevent drill bits from slipping during high-torque drilling. The ratcheting single sleeve 1/2-Inch chuck allows for one handed, quick bit changes.
- CONTROL: The drill/driver features a variable speed trigger provide maximum user control, while a motor brake on the drill delivers immediate stop for fast repetitive driving.
- COMPLETE: The Bosch DDS181A features a built-in LED light to illuminate dark working areas, making it the perfect tool for tough corners where other drills won’t do.
Buy this product as Certified Refurbished and save $79.05.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Bosch DDS181A-02 18-Volt Compact Tough 1/2-Inch Drill/Driver Kit
Complete the job with ease with the Bosch best built 18-Volt Compact Tough 1/2-Inch Lithium-Ion drill/driver kit. It is ready for all materials from wood to metal. Enjoy the benefit of having the lightest, most compact and most comfortable heavy duty 18-Volt Lithium-Ion drill with Bosch. A powerful and highly efficient 4-pole motor delivers top performance with strong power and runtime maximizing your efficiency on the job site. This drill/driver works will all of Bosch 18-Volt Lithium-Ion batteries and chargers for maximum versatility.
(2) 18-Volt Lithium-ion SlimPack Batteries, (1) Lithium-ion Battery Fast Charger, (1) Double-sided Philips Drive Bit, (1) Carrying Case.
- Battery Chemistry: Lithium Ion
- Width: 3.5-Inch
- Battery Voltage: 18-Volt
- Battery/Charger: Fast Charger
- Chuck Capacity: 1/2-Inch Keyless Chuck
- Chuck Design: Keyless
- Chuck Size: 1/2-Inch
- Length: 7.0-Inch
- No Load RPM: 0-500 / 0-1,700
- Torque (Inch. Lbs.): 600
- Weight: 3.4 Lbs
More efficiency and toughness
It was engineered with an upgraded heavy-duty all-metal chuck that prevents drill bits from slipping during high-torque applications, thanks to high clamping force. The single-sleeve, keyless 1/2-Inch auto-lock chuck provides for quick bit changes. It has a redesigned canned motor, which is lighter and more compact, but it provides the same power as conventional 18-Volt motors. It provides outstanding operation and durability, making this drill as tough as the professional who uses it.
A powerful and maneuverable drill/driver, the Bosch DDS181A boasts an all-metal gearbox that helps to produce 600 Inch-Lbs. of torque. This power drill is capable of performing a broadest range of heavyweight applications. This variable-speed drill allows the user to select one of two speeds – the first (0-500 rpm) with extra torque for larger bits and one (0-1,900 rpm) high-speed setting for small-diameter bits. The motor brake on the drill delivers immediate stop for fast repetitive driving.
With a head-length of only 7.0 Inch, the Bosch DDS181A drill/driver is one of the Bosch Compact Tough drills – in a line of tools that are expressly designed to give users abundant power while working in very tight spaces. This drill has the shortest head-length in its class, providing top-notch leverage for overhead work. This cordless drill weighs only 2.8 Lbs., so it is light enough to be the professional's go-to tool for all day work, while still delivering outstanding toughness.
Long lasting and easy to use
Long lasting and easy to use The Bosch DDS181A cordless drill/driver features Electronic Motor Protection system, which protects it from overload and helps to ensure the longevity of the tool. This tough tool can stand up to all the abuse that a jobsite metes out, because of its Durashield housing. This is a tough ABS/nylon composite. The power drill has a built-in LED light. This kit comes with two 18-Volt 2.0 Ah SlimPack batteries and an 18-Volt charger.
Compare with similar items
Bosch 18-Volt Cordless Drill Driver / Impact Combo Kit CLPK232A-181 with 2 Batteries (2.0 AH Slim Pack Batteries), 18V Charger and Blue Carrying Case
Bosch 12-Volt Max 3/8-Inch 2-Speed Drill/Driver Kit PS31-2A with 2 Lithium-Ion Batteries, 12V Charger and Carrying Case
Bosch DDS183-02 18V EC Brushless Compact Tough 1/2" Drill/Driver Kit
Bosch 18-Volt Compact Tough Drill/Driver Kit DDB181-02 with 2 Lithium Ion Batteries, 18V Charger, and Soft Carry Contractor Bag
Bosch GSR18V-190B22 18V Compact 1/2" Drill/Driver Kit with (2) 1.5 Ah Slim Pack Batteries with 2.0 AH battery
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Battery Type||Lithium Ion||Lithium Ion||Lithium Ion||Lithium Ion||Lithium Ion||—|
|Included Components||(1) Drill/Driver, (2) SlimPack Batteries, (1) Charger, (1) Double-Ended Phillips Bit, (1) Carrying Bag||(1) DDS181 Compact Tough 1/2-Inch Drill/Driver, (1) 25618 1/4-Inch Hex Impact Driver, (1) 18-Volt Charger, (2) SlimPack Batteries, (1) Carrying Bag||case||(1) DDS183 18-Volt Compact Tough 1/2-Inch Drill/Driver, (2) BAT612 Lithium-Ion SlimPack Batteries, (1) BC660 18-Volt Charger, (1) Magnetic Bit Holder, (1) 4x Bit Tip Holder, (4) Bit Tips, (1) Belt Clip, (1) Carrying Bag||Bare-Tool||Bare-Tool|
|Item Dimensions||3.5 x 7 x 4 in||12 x 19.5 x 5.25 in||—||2.3 x 6.8 x 9.2 in||3.5 x 14 x 11 in||—|
|Voltage||18 volts||18 volts||12 volts||120 volts||18 volts||18 volts|
The Bosch DDS181A-02 Lithium-Ion 18-Volt Compact Tough 1/2-Inch Drill/Driver kit is a tool that features Bosch's innovative canned motor, which provides the drill/driver the same power but at a lighter weight and a more compact design. The tool's heavy-duty chuck delivers increased robustness, upgraded bit retention and torque transfer. The drill produces powerful performance, with 600 In.-Lbs. of torque and two drilling speeds (0-1,700 rpm for high speed and 0-500 rpm for torque). This cordless drill was engineered with the Bosch Compact Tough design for the shortest head-length in class (7.0-Inches long) and a weight of only 3.5 Lbs. This is a durable and beefy drill that can power through the toughest materials, and it has an Electronic Motor Protection system to protect it from overload. It has an LED for visibility in hard-to-see areas. Includes: (1) DDS181A Compact Tough Drill/Driver, (2) SlimPack Batteries, (1) Charger, (1) Double-Ended Phillips Bit, (1) Carrying Bag.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If you are using it in a 240V country like me, get a transformer. I had a few Japanese 100V transformers lying around and they do the job. These are designed to give or take about 10V so a little bit of under-voltage is fine. However do not plug them into 240V, although some 120V products not labeled dual voltage (like the WeMo light switch) works under 240V, THE CHARGER THAT CAME WITH THE DRILL DOESN'T. I know it because I tried it. It resulted in a blown fuse inside the charger, which can be replaced using a soldering iron.