|Item Weight||13.3 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||17.4 x 6 x 14.1 inches|
|Item model number||JS572EB|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number of Handles||1|
Bosch JS572EB 120-Volt Barrel-Grip Jig Saw with L-BOXX 2
|Price:||$289.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ergonomic Body with Upfront Soft-Grip Area: Smallest barrel-grip diameter in the market
- Variable-Speed Dial and Accelerator Trigger
- Precision Control II: Unsurpassed cutting accuracy with switchable LED lighting and four orbital-action settings
- Adjustable Dust Blower
- L-BOXX Case: New line of cases stack and latch together for easy transport
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Bosch JS572EB 120-Volt Barrel-Grip Jig Saw with L-BOXX 2
Festool 561593 Carvex PS 420 EBQ Jigsaw B00DRF284Q
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Dimensions||14.1 inches x 17.4 inches x 6 inches||14.1 inches x 17.4 inches x 6 inches||15.55 inches x 4.33 inches x 11.61 inches||8.15 inches x 9.29 inches x 2.87 inches|
|Item Package Weight||12.6 pounds||13.45 pounds||8.75 pounds||8.35 pounds|
|Voltage||120 Volts||120 Volts||120 Volts||120 Volts|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
1) It is smooth enough at lower speeds, but on high speed the vibration is still pervasive as is the noise.
2) The anti-splinter insert will become loose after you put it in and take it out only a few times. It will not work with the non-marring cover. The anti-splinter insert has a double-duty to aid with fine adjustment of the footplate squareness to the blade. Once it becomes loose, it is useless for that purpose (more on that below).
3) The US market jigsaw has a cast aluminum foot plate (Europeans get magnesium). This aluminum is quite soft - as a result it will get a new scratch around the spherical part each time you change the angle for bevel cutting.
4) The fine 90 degrees square adjustment is hard to access and is fiddly. It relies on an eccentric bolt to press against the side of a cutout in the footplate. The bolt is held from spinning freely by nothing else but some thread-lock. After a couple of adjustments the bolt will either start spinning freely and/or it will dig into the cutout - both effectively negating its purpose. I can't overstate this: considering that the majority of cuts made are square - this whole mechanism must be changed to allow for positive, fiddle-free 90 degrees fine-tuning.
5) To change the angle for bevel cutting, one needs to push a lever, slide the foot, change the angle and lock the lever back. Evidently this is designed to speed up the angle changes. In my opinion this is a gimmick and a prime example of a needless over-engineering.Read more ›
The JS572EBL has a quick-lock/release to change the angle of the base. As another reader commented- the adjustment for getting the blade perpendicular to the base is difficult at best. I have had numerous problems getting it to stay perpendicular.
In my opinion, this alone makes the saw not worth the money. If I could return it I would.
This saw just keeps getting better. The more I use it, the more I like it.
Now for my big complaint and a couple little nitpicky ones. The little ones are that the dust shield you need to use to improve the dust collection gets hard to see through very quickly. The dust really sticks to it. Using the built in light really helps but its a complaint worth mentioning for you guys that use the dust collection with your saw. Also, the splinter guard is kinda cheesy and will need to be replaced often. Not just since splinter guards are designed to be wearable but the little tabs that hold them into place tend to break off. Those are just nit picking complaints to be honest. By far my biggest complaint is from day one mine has run very very hot. Its designed so your hand sits very naturally in the front of the barrel where it curves upward.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've owned three jig saws over the years. They all lasted a long time because I only used them when absolutely nothing else would work. Read morePublished 7 months ago by David
Best jig saw I have ever used. Very powerful. Cut through 3/4" white oak like it was balsa wood.Published 13 months ago by Amazon Customer
Great jigsaw. I really like the form factor (barrel-grip instead of the traditional D handle) and the L-BOXX.Published 14 months ago by mb
These definitely require hearing protection when using. I have many powertools and while it's always good to wear hearing protection, these aren't ones you can decide not to wear... Read morePublished 14 months ago by TommyTooTechnical
I like the ease of blade insertion. No need to keep track of that special screwdriver!Published 15 months ago by Mariana Quarnstrom
Awesome, after testing this and the festool I know I made the right purchase.Published 17 months ago by Dan
A top grade professional tool that has already gotten a lot of varied use and has performed perfectly. Don't doubt the Bosch brand or quality, you'd be wasting your time. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Amazon Junkie
Solid build quality. Easy to grip and use. Good feature set and included accessories.Published 19 months ago by Camera Dad
BOSCH IS ONE OF THE BEST CUTTING MACHINE ON THE MARKET, IT THE BOSCH JS572EBL MEANING BETTER CONTROL, FROM D-HANDEL TO BARREL GRIP I FINE IT WAY BETTER TO CONTROL MY CUT. Read morePublished 21 months ago by victor feliciano