Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 10, 2008
I've used the Bosch Universal Kitchen Machine for over 20 years. My first machine never had any problems but was sadly lost in a fire after close to 15 years of heavy usage. My new machine has been great. I did have to replace the star drive but that was cheap and easy to do.

I have many attachments for the machine and it's really one of the only appliances I have in my kitchen because it does so much.

The slicer/shredder attachment has always done a perfect job with shredding or slicing any type of cheese from hard to soft. Does a great job with fruits and veggies too. The french fry blade is great too.

The mixer is great for hard and soft items. It makes great "shaved" ice for snow cones and I've never found anything it couldn't handle. Great for mixing frozen drinks or more liquid type items.

The bowl section is great for mixing cookie dough, bread dough, muffins, and other batters. I've never had problems mixing single loaf recipes but have seen others do so I'm not sure why they do when I don't but....

The meat grinder is great for making your own hamburger at home. We raise and butcher goats and use it heavily and have never had a single problem. I do recommend running the meat through twice for making hamburgers or meatballs though as it grinders it finer and thus the meat sticks together better.

The motor is high powered with adjustable speeds that allow for a wide variety of mixing, slicing, shredding, etc.

The blades are super sharp.

The machine is super easy to use. I started my daughter using it when she was 5 or 6, she's 13 now and she loves to use it. Plus we both think it's easy to clean and neither of us enjoy doing dishes.
In all honesty I can't think of a single thing I dislike about this machine. I wish more things in life could be this trouble free!
13 helpful votes
14 helpful votes
on September 8, 2009
I have had my Bosch for close to 10 years now and I don't know how I lived without it. I use it every other day. I make breads with no problem. I usually make two loaves at a time, no problem. No problem in mixing cookie dough. I love the shredder attachment that I purchased separately. It grates cheese in a matter of seconds. Same with cole slaw. The only accessory that I have had to replace is the blender and I think that might have been my fault. As I said before I don't know how I lived without this kitchen servant.
on December 26, 2010
I bought my first Bosch in 1976. It had been a demo one. I loved it! The mixer & blender were fantastic! When the blade assembly on the blender went out in 2007, it could no longer be replaced. I had to buy a new Bosch. I have had nothing but problems with the blender. The blade assembly locked on SO tight it could not be removed. We had to use tools to finally get it off. The blade assembly went out...had to buy a new one. Then the plastic jar cracked and now needs to be replaced. When going into the store where purchased, they gave me a "lesson" on how to use the blender, as if my previous 31 years didn't give me enough knowledge. Is this due to others having as many problems as I have??? Also, the lid is used to loosen/tighten the blade assembly and it is too large to get a grip on it to loosen or tighten. I have to find a family member with large hands to do it.
My first Bosch (a previously used one) lasted over 31 years! This one? Less than three! I have given up on Bosch (continues to cost me more $$$)and am going to switch to KitchenAid...including the mixer! What ever the change was between mixers (they have since added a new one again), they lost quality. Anyone interested in buying mine?
on September 4, 2007
This machine makes wonderful bread dough in large quanities (once you get the hang of it). But it does not do well with less than three loaf recipes. I replace my kitchenaid mixer with this but wish I hadn't. The motor is too high powered for mixing cookies and barely mixes a small batch of anything. It does beat egg whites wonderfully - if you need half a dozen! This would be a great machine for large families or commercial kitchens but not that great for daily use for the rest of us.
32 helpful votes
33 helpful votes
on February 1, 2009
I was given this as a gift--what a fabulous gift.
I have a Kitchenaid, but don't like the way the hook doesn't reach the bottom-this one does. Perfect for bread and general mixing. Love it for quick cookies.

The person who gave it to me encouraged me to purchase the grinder attachment, so I did. It's the best! We've processed several big game animals with it. Very impressed. Easy clean-up, too.

One thing I don't like about it is the cheap plastic blender. We don't use it a lot, but already the plastic cap is broken and I expect the first time we drop it on the floor it will crack. This quality and price range deserves a glass or stainless blender.

Other than that, I give this an admiring thumbs-up.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on November 9, 2007
I own a Bosch kitchen machine and I love it. I use it for everything I possibly can. I have no problem with cookie dough, bread dough, cakes, anything. I swear by it. It doesn't do small batches real well but I have done 2-loaf bread recipes and it worked fine for me. In fact, I gave my first Bosch to my daughter about 10 years ago and it was probably 15 years old or more then. She is still using it after I used it heavily. I bought another one and used it to the point of wearing it out. I bake a lot for other people and focus alot on bread dough recipes. I have used up to 5 cups of liquid for the base of my bread recipes. It was full but I never had to knead any of my dough by hand. I am now on my third machine and I highly recommend this product. I even own the Bosch Compact. I love it, too.
12 helpful votes
13 helpful votes
on November 13, 2009
My Bosch Universal is still going strong, 23 years later! I bought this machine because my Kitchenaid could not make 100% whole wheat bread. The Bosch Universal can--beautifully! I bought a grain mill when I bought my Bosch and would make 100% whole wheat bread all the time--it was the only bread we ate. I no longer have time to do much cooking but I'm sure glad I switched from Kitchenaid! My Bosch is powerful, strong, super-long lasting. I've gone through a couple of sets of whisks mixing heavy cookie dough but I just bought the new cookie dough paddles. My Bosch blender attachment is Lexan, throw it on the floor and it bounces right back!
on November 27, 2009
My husband purchased the Bosch Universal Mixer for me 25 years ago. This machine has performed exceptionally and I've never had any problems with it. It handles large and small culinary tasks. I would prefer a stainless steel or glass blender, but the plastic one has held up. Great for mixing up protein drinks and of course it's great for margaritas!
on December 26, 2008
There's nothing like a Bosch. I couldn't live without mine. Just be careful of the wire beaters. Don't use them for heavy doughs. Use the big metal dough mixers. That said, even bent, the wire beaters work pretty darn good and the Bosch still beats any mixer out there.
3 helpful votes
on April 12, 2008
My wife raves over this machine. The large capacity and powerful motor make it her favorite. She already was using its competitor and now preferrs the Bosch.
7 helpful votes
8 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.