|Item Weight||8.4 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||15 x 13 x 8 inches|
|Item model number||PR20EVSK|
|Size||Pack of 1|
|Style||Variable Speed Palm Router with Edge Guide|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||1 Year Repair or Replacement of Parts|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Bosch Colt Palm Grip PR20EVSK 5.6 Amp 1-Horsepower Fixed-Base Variable-Speed Router with Edge Guide
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- POWER: Variable-speed palm-grip router kit with soft-start and quick-lock systems.
- TOUGH: Fixed base router with a 5.6 AMP motor with 15,000 - 35,000 rpm; depth adjustment system and finger support pockets.
- DURABILITY: This Bosch router edge guide offers a rugged aluminum fixed base that's durable, solid, and reliable. Case Type: Hard plastic
- CONVENIENT: Includes palm router and Bosch router accessories (drop-forged collet and shaft wrenches, collet, fixed base, straight-edge guide, case).
- DEPENDABLE: This wood router packs big power in a small, compact package (weighs 11.8 pounds). Includes a one-year warranty.
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
DEWALT DWP611 1.25 HP Max Torque Variable Speed Compact Router with Dual LEDs
Makita RT0701C 1-1/4 HP Compact Router
DEWALT DWP611PK 1.25 HP Max Torque Variable Speed Compact Router Combo Kit with LED's
Bosch GKF125CEN Colt 1.25 HP (Max) Variable-Speed Palm Router
MLCS 9056 1 HP Rocky Trim Router
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||13 x 15 x 8 in||11.5 x 5.6 x 7.3 in||8 x 10 x 6 in||10.25 x 7 x 19.25 in||4.13 x 4.13 x 8.25 in||8 x 10 x 6 in|
The Bosch PR20EVSK Colt Variable Speed Router with Edge Guide is a versatile tool that's ideal for performing custom carpentry, trimming laminate flooring or deck planks, mortising hinges, dovetailing, and a host of other at-home and professional jobs. This router packs big power in a small, compact package for extended comfort and maximum accuracy.
Includes router, guide, case, base, collets, and shaft wrenches. View larger.
Rubber over-molded grip allows for stable, one-handed operation. View larger.
The PR20EVSK owes its robust performance to a 1.0-horsepower (the highest rating for small routers), 5.6-amp motor that spins at a variable speed of 16,000 to 35,000 RPM and has a soft-start that reduces startup torque. Additionally, depth adjustment is simple with the PR20EVSK: just align and lower the motor and then lock the router in position with the clamping level. Micro-fine adjustments are equally effortless thanks to the wheel on the back of the router's base.
To help you match the correct speed to the job, the included instruction manual features a chart showing the speed of each dial position, along with a list of the routing tasks that each setting may be used for.
User-Friendly Features for Flexibility, Comfort, and Reliability
This user-friendly tool offers simple, straightforward operation. First, the collect accepts standard 1/4-inch bits to give you job flexibility, with an impressive maximum diameter of 1-5/16 inch. For added convenience, a front spindle lock on the motor means easy, one-wrench bit changes, but a shaft wrench is also included for those who prefer to use two wrenches.
In addition, the speed dial is conveniently mounted on top of the tool body for easy access. An added bonus, the motor housing has a palm-shaped, rubber over-molded grip that allows for stable, one-handed operation. Finally, weighing about three pounds, the PR20EVSK offers a surprisingly rugged aluminum fixed base that's durable, solid, and reliable.
Constant Response Circuitry for Stable Motor Speed
This model includes Bosch's "Constant Response" circuitry, which monitors and maintains speed under load for consistent performance and overload protection. Constant Response works by detecting tough loads and then increasing power to maintain the selected RPM. Working with stable speed lets you concentrate on controlling the router, so you'll always make clean, burn-free cuts.
Additionally, a quick-clamp system allows the motor to be easily adjusted and moved from base to base. For further convenience, an angled cord exit keeps the router's cord safely out of your work area.
The PR20EVSK comes with a one-year warranty.
What's in the Box
Router, straight edge guide, carrying case, fixed base, 1/4-inch self-releasing collet, drop-forged collet, shaft wrenches, and instruction manual.
From the Manufacturer
With its compact size and spirited performance, the 1.0 HP Colt Palm Router from Bosch is a very versatile tool. It's not just a laminate trimmer, but is ideal for trimming deck planks, hinge mortising, edge forming, slot cutting, dovetailing, window cutouts and decorative inlays. The PR20EVSK Variable-speed Colt Kit has a palm-grip design with Soft Grip to make it the most comfortable router in its class, yet it also has enough power to do the job and is more comfortable and easy to use than larger routers. The Softstart reduces start-up torque while the Bosch Constant Response Circuitry monitors and maintains speed under load for consistent performance and overload protection. Easily move the motor from base to base with the Quick-clamp System to work on other areas of your project. A convenient Front Spindle Lock on the motor was designed for easy, one-wrench bit changes and a shaft wrench is also included for those who prefer to use two wrenches to change bits. Bosch even covered the small details by angling the cord to help keep it out of the way. The contents of this kit make it ideal for all router users.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I really wish I could give this tool zero stars. I don't often write reviews, but this tool is so awful and so frustrating I felt I needed to warn others.
There are two major issues with this tool.
1. The height adjustment likes to loosen on its own and drop the bit into your work. Lesson learned, just make it tighter - oh, but now the micro adjust won't work! Maybe i'll just loosen the lock some to find a sweet spot - nope, ruined another piece of wood.
2. The straight edge guide cannot be locked down into a set position. Even with the lock bolt tightened with a set of pliers, It will not lock the sliding mechanism down enough to hold fast during use. The shoulder on the carriage bolt is thicker than the bracket, meaning you aren't clamping the two guide halves together, you're just squeezing the carriage bolt to the thumb screw, leaving the guide loose. After ruining multiple pieces of wood and having to adjust the slide every 6" or so, I ended up welding the guide to the single position I needed for the project I was working on. Replacing the carriage bolt with a regular bolt results in the guide going all sorts of angles and creates another issue as the carriage bolt shoulder is used to roughly keep alignment. I say roughly because there is enough slop to vary about 10 degrees total. Since the router pivots around the locking bolt of the guide, that creates a variation in the position of your cut, leaving you with some fantastically horrible work. Good luck if you're try to join two pieces together that you've routed with this trash - you'll have gaps up and down the mating surfaces.
I estimate that in 5 hours of using the tool, 3.5 hours was adjusting either of the above. It was constant. This quite simply cannot be used to do the job its being sold for.
I realize this isn't the most expensive router made, but you only had one job! I could do higher quality work with a hand drill and a router bit than this piece of junk.
DO NOT BUY THIS TOOL.
And that damn locking mechanism that everyone complains about is so unstable that it can slip if you put on a little too much downward pressure. I understand that you have to twist the motor to lock it in the base. And then you can turn the little knob for a fine adjustment, and close the latch. But the distance between locked and unlocked is so small, and the adjustment screw so thin and easily stripped, that it can slip very easily. And if it slips out of lock, the latch won't hold the motor up. So, if you're routing above anything (not just over the edge), the bit comes down and bounces all over the place, possibly taking out a finger... or something even more important.
Of course, all of this is not to mention that even when the locking mechanism does work, it's very inaccurate. The screw that adjusts the height has very thin threads that strip easily, and when the latch is open it's so loose that the adjustment screw barely has any grip anyway. You can try to squeeze the latch just a little to catch the threads, but then the knob to turn the screw is too small to give you a good grip. And closing the latch invariably moves it out of the alignment you've just labored to get, so you gouge a hole in your piece.
I will say this: the router is probably fine if you just need to keep something in your truck that to occasionally round over and edge on a piece that doesn't need any precision. But even then, at least look at the DEWALT DWP611, which is miles better on safety and accuracy. Or if you want to do woodworking, just throw another $50 at the problem to get a serious router. You won't be sorry you did. Your fingers (and possibly other appendages) will thank you.