|Item Weight||5.3 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||15 x 7.9 x 6.6 inches|
|Item model number||ROS65VC-6|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Size||6" Sanding Pad|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number of Handles||1|
Bosch 120-V 6-Inch Random Orbit Sander/Polisher with Vibration Control ROS65VC-6
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||15 x 7.9 x 6.6 inches|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Item Weight||5.3 Pounds|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- COMFORT: The Bosch ROS65VC 6 Random Orbit Sander and Polisher features Bosch’s exclusive Vibration Control a suspension system to minimize vibration for superior handling and maximum comfort
- DUST COLLECTION: Features two dust collection systems including a micro filter dust canister with integrated paper filter and screw off cap and a vacuum hose connection with airflow control giving users a mess free job site
- VARIABLE SPEED: Powered by a 3.3 amp motor, the ROS65VC 6 also features a variable speed dial to match speed to material and task
- VERSATILITY: The Bosch ROS65VC 6 Sander provides versatility for fast stock removal and/or a smooth, well blended finish. The tool's integral pad dampening braking system, was designed to reduce swirl marks
- COMPLETE: The sander/polisher kit includes removable front handle, tubular dust canister, VAC024 vacuum hose adapter, RS6045 6 Inch soft backing pad, 5 millimeter pad wrench, sanding disc
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More to consider from our brands
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
ROS65VC-6 Random Orbit Sander/Polisher
The Bosch ROS65VC-6 Random Orbit Sander/Polisher is a powerful tool for stock removal and allows for great user control. This sander features an integral pad-dampening braking system to diminish swirl marks, and it has a Vibration Control suspension system for outstanding user comfort. Finish carpenters and cabinet makers will appreciate the smooth, well-blended surface finish. It has variable-speed capabilities and accepts 5-In. or 6-In. sanding pads. This sander/polisher provides a microcellular hook-and-loop backing pad. It offers dual dust-collection systems, a microfilter dust canister with integrated paper filter and a hose adapter for connection to a vacuum cleaner hose.
(1) Sander, (1) Dust Canister, (1) Vacuum Hose Adapter, (1) Sanding Pad, (1) Sanding Disc, (1) Pad Wrench, (1) Removable front Handle
- Amperage: 3.3
- Cord Length: 13 Feet
- Lock-On Switch: Yes
- Net Tool Weight: 5.3 lbs.
- No Load OPM: 5,500-12,000
- Orbit Diameter: 5/32-Inch
- Orbit Radius: 5/64-Inch
- Voltage: 120-Volts
Comfort and a Soft Grip
The ROS65VC-6 has Bosch's Vibration Control suspension system, which minimizes the amount of vibration that reaches users' hands. The operator can use the tool with more comfort and for longer time. With an ergonomic soft-grip design, this a rear-handle sander has numerous gripping areas, allowing users to place their hands to one more areas to avoid hand fatigue. The front handle is easily removable for close quarters.
Reduced Swirl Marks
The tool's integral pad-dampening braking system, was designed to reduce swirl marks. The microcellular backing pad ensures a smooth, fine finish on both flat and contoured surfaces. The random orbit sander/polisher also comes equipped with Bosch’s signature HookTight hook-and-loop disc attachment. Over 35,000 long-life hooks on this attachment help to secure firm grip of the disc, and it accepts Bosch 5-In. and 6-In. high-performance sanding pads.
The Bosch sander offers two dust-collection systems. It comes with a microfilter dust canister with integrated paper filter and screw-off cap, as well as connectivity to most vacuum hoses. The onboard filter traps dust particles as small as 1/2 micron in diameter. The vacuum hose connection has airflow control and connects to most vacuum hoses, including Bosch hoses and 1-1/4-In. and 1-1/2-In. hoses.
Variable-Speed for Control
The Bosch ROS65VC-6 features a tough 3.3-amp motor with variable-speed control, to match the speed to the task and workpiece. The random orbit sander's speed is adjustable from between 5,500 and 12,000 opm, with a single speed of 12,000 opm, so operators can dial up or down. The sander/polisher features die-cast aluminum gear housing but weighs in at only 5.3 lbs., so it's lightweight and easy to use.
Compare with similar items
Bosch ROS20VSC Palm Sander - 2.5 Amp 5 in. Corded Variable Speed Random Orbital Sander/Polisher Kit with Dust Collector and Soft Carrying Bag, Blue
Makita BO5041 3-Amp 4000-12000 OPM D-Handle Random Orbit Sander, 5-Inch
Makita BO5030K 5" Random Orbit Sander, with Tool Case, Teal
BLACK+DECKER Random Orbit Sander, 5-Inch (BDERO600)
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Included Components||bare-tool||(1) Soft Backing Pad, (1) Sanding Disc, (1) Vacuum Hose Adapter, (1) Contractor Bag||—||5" Random Orbit Sander (BO5030), Dust Bag (166078-4), Plastic Tool Case (183782-0), Dust Bag Nozzle (416063-0)||(1) BDERO600 Sander(1) Sheet Sandpaper(1) Dust Bag|
|Item Dimensions||15.00 x 7.90 x 6.60 inches||9.00 x 5.00 x 6.00 inches||10.80 x 4.80 x 6.00 inches||15.00 x 7.00 x 10.00 inches||8.81 x 5.13 x 6.31 inches|
|Power Source||Corded Electric||Corded Electric||Corded Electric||Corded Electric||Corded Electric|
With the industry's lowest vibration, highest removal rate and most efficient onboard dust extraction in its class, the ROS65VC increases user productivity, while helping to protect the user from vibration and dust.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I will say upfront the reason I purchased this was the vibration reduction. Other ROS have horrible vibration and when I used them for longer periods of time I ended up tired and sore. My hands, shoulders and back took a pounding. This did not stop me from doing the work, it just became something I dreaded.
Enter this sander. I used it over the weekend, at first, while using it with one hand, I noticed some vibration, considerably less than other gear, but some vibration none the less. If this had been the level, I still would be happy, however when I put two hands on it and a bit of added pressure, the vibration was gone. I switched my grip a bit when I reverted to one hand and the reduction became a near match to two handed operation.
There are two downsides to this and one of them may be the way I configured my sanding disc. The filter collects a LOT of dust however I still ended up with about an equal amount on the exterior of the sander and on my work as I did with my old sander. I will say here I am using the Mirka AbraNet discs with their adapter for the discs so I suspect this impacts the sanders ability to pull up dust, however this is an okay trade off to me as I like the durability and performance of the AbraNet discs (NOTE: it is the adapter, not the discs reducing the dust collection effiency). The second downside is price. Compare prices for comparable products and you will see these are flat out not cheap. The price may be high, but you do get what you pay for and I am happy with this so far.
The build is solid. There is a fair bit of plastic, but you can also see where the metal you would hope for and expect is in place. You will notice one other thing too - it is not light. If you are using it one handed and lifting it off the work you will notice the weight after a bit, also you will notice how powerful it is when you lift off the work while it is running (again with one hand).
I have a lot more sanding ahead of me on the current project I am working on, but I am looking forward to it now.
- Solid build
- Vibration control works and works well
- Runs well, performs well
- On the heavy side, but I count this as an advantage because it denotes superior build and helps with work
- Did not mention before, but not very loud at all
- Comes with vacuum adapter, hex wrench and you can take it from a six inch to a five inch disc
- On the expensive side but you get what you pay for
- A little on the dusty side (again though I think this is more due to my choice of discs with the added pad as the disc alone should allow more dust to be collected versus less.
If the cost does not cause you heartburn (and even if it does) I strongly recommend this ROS. I have heard great things about the Festool sanders, but was not willing to drop $600 for a sander, and based on what I have heard, for a third of the price, this delivers much if not all of the functionality. To my mind, look no further, this is one great piece of equipment.
- Great ergonomics, comfortable overmolded rubber with the ability to attach or remove the front grip for additional control. There are many ways you can grip this machine, as you desire. While this is bigger than a palm-type sander, it isn't a huge, bulky, heavy sander and it feels light during use.
- Vibration control is a unique feature to this sander and it does a good job. You still feel some vibrations but just not as much.
- Control is easy. I was messing around and extended my arm out, holding the sander with one hand, on a 4x4 post using the 6" pad; I was able to sand back and forth even with my fingertips and still have control.
- Dust collection is so good on this unit. While sanding I even used a bright light and you could hardly see any dust particles floating around. I'm used to the ole bag collection systems and they always make a mess.
- The ability to change between a 6 inch pad and a 5 inch pad is super nice. I found that between this feature, the dust collection, anti-vibration, etc., that it seemed worth getting this unit over the 3727/5. The 5 inch pad for this model is (Bosch RS038).
Overall I will say this seems like a great sander. My only complaint is I feel like Bosch could do a better job with the packaging. I noticed that the parts end up floating around freely in the box. I also wish they sold this with an L-BOXX or had an insert. I notice that they do that for Europe and it has the insert and everything.
However, after about 3 weeks, the central shaft broke connecting the motor and pad rendering it useless! Amazon, being a very customer friendly company, had a replacement at my door in 36 hours!
Well, I thought that maybe I had just got a defective sander the first go around. However, that turns out not to be the case because the replacement just broke in the exact same manner as the first!
I’m done! Going to bite the bullet and buy a Festool!
Top reviews from other countries
I had chosen this product for the following reasons:
1) vibration dampening - it's great. The pins and needles feeling I used to get after using my palm sander (Makita 1/4 sheet 2amp from home depot) and my belt sander (mastercraft from canadiantire) are essentially gone. Especially with the two handles on this, and the weight of the device, I find I need to apply very minimal force when sanding a large surface (in my case a live-edge dining table).
2) dust extraction - this was a key factor for me. Not having access to a garage, I really need any sanding to be dust-free. I had actually placed my air purifier (Coway 1151) in the same room while it was on sanding to see if there was an uptick in airborne particles, and it didn't spin up (i.e. it did not detect an increase in particles). Mind you, this was with a shop vac (with filter bag and hepa filters) attached via the included dust-extractor dongle (that has an additional air inlet to prevent a vacuum effect from forming between the sander and the wood surface)). I have not tried without a dust extractor (although at one point the sandpaper got misaligned, covering the ports, and it was immediately noticeable the amount of dust on the surface and in the air). Ultimately, there was basically no sanding dust with a shop vac attached.
3) noise - this thing is loud. I didn't end up testing the equivalent festool, but this thing is loud. Loud enough that I am shocked my neighbours have not filed noise complaints. It's about the same noise level as my shop vac, on which, again, I am shocked my neighbours have not filed noise complaints.
4) paper - there was some 6-hole hook and loop paper at my local home depot, but I think it's actually just cheaper to get the BOSCH-branded stuff from amazon. I ended up getting 40 grit, 60, 80, 120, 150, 180, 240, 320. The 40grit worked almost as well as my belt sander (and without any of the terrible gauges that result from my not paying attention). The 180 grit is probably all that is needed pre-finish, and I used the 240 post-finish. I have read about using scotch 800 scuff pads - and apparently those just stick on to the hook and loop system (I am waiting for mine from amazon) and I'll give that a go.
All of that being said, part of me still wants that white and green. Sigh. I think that is the difficulty. Even though this sander meets all of my requirements (except maybe the noise issue), part of me knows that there is another sander that may be just a bit better on every single aspect, and costs significantly more, so there's always a "should I have just gotten the upgrade purchase" question that lingers.
So if you can bear that "should I have just gotten the more expensive platform" question, then go for it! Great little machine.
The dust is well kept by the filter, and it's working great with a vaccum too. It's working so well you can almost sand without making any dust if you plus your shopvac in it.
It's a little heavy, but it's a workhorse. Maybe you should buy another smaller sander for work upside down (roof) (as I did).
I bought the 5" and the 6" pads but I usually use the 6". Only one thing is that it's not easy to find the 6" disks in Canada. I buy lots when I find them.
If the price is putting you off all I can say is the amount of time this sander has saved me compared to using my smaller disc sanders and the ease of use and quality of finished product more than justifies the price tag for me.
If mine was stolen tomorrow I'd be ordering another one that day!