|Item Weight||7.39 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||14.8 x 7.8 x 6.2 inches|
|Item model number||1250DEVS|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||Sander, Dust Tube, Soft Backing Pad, Auxillary Handle, Pad Wrench, Sanding Disc|
|Warranty Description||1 Year|
Consider these available items
Bosch Power Tools - 1250DEVS - Electric Orbital Sander, Polisher - 6.5 Amp, Corded, 6"" Disc Size - features Two Sanding Modes: Random Orbit, Aggressive Turbo for Woodworking, Polishing, Carpentry
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||14.8 x 7.8 x 6.2 inches|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Dual Mode: Provides 2 Sanding Modes: Random Orbit Mode for Normal Stock Removal or Fine Finishing and “Turbo” Driven Eccentric Orbit Mode for Aggressive Stock Removal at 5 Times the Rate of the Normal Random Orbit Sanding Mode
- VARIABLE SPEED: The 1250DEVS comes with a powerful 6.5 amp variable speed motor (no load speed: 270 to 600 RPM, no load orbit speed: 3,100 to 6,500 OPM) provide power, flexibility for jobs
- EASE OF USE: Get fast, smooth finishes on a variety of surfaces
- PASSIVE DUST COLLECTION SYSTEM: Passive dust collection system that requires a vacuum cleaner and hoses; Accepts Bosch VAC001, VAC009 and VAC010 hoses (sold separately) or a Bosch VAC002 hose adapter (included)
- ORBITAL SANDER PACKAGE INCLUDES: The 1250DEVS unit includes 1 (1) dust tube, 1 (1) RS6045 6 inch soft backing pad, 1 (1) ambidextrous auxiliary handle, 1 (1) sanding disc, 1 (1) pad wrench, 5 millimeter (stored on tool), and 1 (1) dampening ring; Perfect for normal removal, most sanding jobs, wood floors, furniture finishing and polishing applications
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More to consider from our brands
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Bosch 1250DEVS 6.5 Amp Corded 6 in. Variable Speed Random Orbit Sander/Polisher
The 1250DEVS features two distinct sanding modes, an extremely aggressive turbo driven, eccentric orbit sanding mode for very aggressive sanding, as well as a conventional random orbit sanding mode for normal stock removal and fine finishing. With the flip of a lever, the sanding mode can be easily changed. The desired speed is set using a speed dial and Constant Response circuitry maintains the desired speed under load. The 1250DEVS comes with a Bosch microcellular hook-&-loop sanding pad. These soft pads deliver finer, smoother, flatter surface finishes, due to their ability to conform to the surface of the work piece and due to the elastic support of the pads’ plastic inlays. User comfort has been addressed on the 1250DEVS in its PowerGrip, contoured head, compact 7.7 In.-diameter circumference barrel, and standard-equipment auxiliary handle. The 1250DEVS features a passive dust collection system, which maximizes its efficiency when used with a vacuum-based dust collection system. Large channels in the pads allow debris to be easily pulled through vacuum port. Bosch internal testing determined that the 1250DEVS captured an impressive 96 percent of material removed. The dust port is sized for the optional Bosch vac hoses, and an adapter is included for attachment to 1-1/4 In. and 1-1/2 In. hoses.
(1) Dust Tube, (1) RS6045 6" Soft Backing Pad, (1) Ambidextrous Auxiliary Handle, (1) Sanding Disc, (1) Pad Wrench, 5mm (stored on tool), (1) Dampening Ring.
- Cord Length: 8 ft.
- Length: 12 In.
- Weight: 5.3 Lbs
- Orbit Diameter: 3/16" (5.0 mm)
- Pad Size: 6 In.
- Voltage: 120V
- Width: 6 In.
Soft microcellular backing pad has the pliability necessary to ensure a smooth, fine finish on flat or contoured surfaces.
Rugged die-cast aluminum gear housing with exclusive dual-bearing pad mount for long-life and minimization of wobble and vibration.
Mode selector lever allows quick change between random orbit mode and aggressive turbo mode.
Integral pad dampening system provides braking of the pad spin to prevent swirl marks when removing sander from workpiece.
Compare with similar items
Bosch ROS20VSC Palm Sander - 2.5 Amp 5 in. Corded Variable Speed Random Orbital Sander/Polisher Kit with Dust Collector and Soft Carrying Bag, Blue
TACKLIFE 5-Inch Random Orbit Sander 3.0A with 12Pcs Sandpapers, 6 Variable Speed 13000RPM Electric Sander, High Performance Dust Collection System, Sander for Woodworking - PRS01A
Bosch Power Tools - GET75-6N - Electric Orbital Sander, Polisher - 7.5 Amp, Corded, 6"" Disc Size - features Two Sanding Modes: Random Orbit, Aggressive Turbo for Woodworking, Polishing, Carpentry
|Sold By||—||Amazon.com||Tooleader Direct||VM Express|
|Included Components||Sander, Dust Tube, Soft Backing Pad, Auxillary Handle, Pad Wrench, Sanding Disc||(1) Soft Backing Pad, (1) Sanding Disc, (1) Vacuum Hose Adapter, (1) Contractor Bag||▲TACKLIFE PRS01A Random Orbit Sander - 1 set; ▲80 Grits Sandpapers - 6 pieces; ▲180 Grits Sandpapers - 6 pieces; ▲Dust Collection Container - 1 set; ▲User Manual;||(1) GET75-6 6 In. Dual-Mode Random Orbit Sander, (1) Soft Backing Pad, (1) Hex Pad Wrench, (1) Sanding Disc, (1) Removable Front Handle, (2) Vacuum Hose Adapters|
|Item Dimensions||14.80 x 7.80 x 6.20 inches||9.00 x 5.00 x 6.00 inches||10.10 x 6.60 x 4.90 inches||15.00 x 6.30 x 5.50 inches|
|Power Source||ac||Corded Electric||Corded Electric||Corded Electric|
Bosch introduces another essential and practical piece for your power tools Collection with our corded, electric Orbital sander and Polisher with 6. 5 amp, 6" Inch disc size. It features two (2) sanding modes: Random orbit and aggressive turbo. Perfect for woodworking, polishing, carpentry, fine woodworking, fine finishing, carpentry, Inlay work, furniture building, and wood working crafts. Our woodworking tools and powerful 6. 5 amp variable speed motor (no load speed: 270 600 RPM and no load orbit speed: 3, 100 6, 500 OPM) provide power and flexibility for various jobs. This 1250Devs model has Constant response circuitry that maintains the pad speed under heavy loads while simultaneously protecting against overload. The integral pad dampening system helps prevent swirl marks Plus a passive dust Collection system (vacuum and hoses required). internal testing determined that the random Orbital Sander dust Collection system captured an impressive 96 percent of material removed. These soft pads deliver finer, smoother, flatter surface finishes, Due to their ability to conform to the surface of the workpiece and due to the elastic support of the pads plastic inlays. The Orbital sanders use 6 hole, 6 inch hook and loop discs. The unit includes one (1) dust tube, one (1) rs6045 6" Inch soft backing pad, one (1) ambidextrous auxiliary handle, one (1) sanding disc, one (1) pad wrench, 5mm (stored on tool), and one (1) dampening ring. Perfect for normal removal, most sanding jobs, wood floors, furniture finishing, polishing applications, and contractors. Experience comfort with our power grip, contoured head, compact 7. 7" Inch diameter circumference barrel, and standard equipment auxiliary handle.
About Bosch Random Orbit Sanders
In Bosch's random orbit sander family, you'll find an assortment of powerful, versatile sanders and polishers that are designed for low vibration and minimal noise. These models feature counterbalance mechanisms that serve as the basis for the dual bearing pad mount system, which can be operated with one finger on a soft grip.
About the Bosch 1250DEVS Random Orbit Sander
The 1250DEVS multiple-purpose sander from Bosch has two sanding modes: random orbit mode for normal stock removal or fine finishing, and an aggressive "Turbo" drive eccentric orbit mode that operates at five times the regular rate, in order to remove rougher stock. Its simple sanding mode selector switch quickly changes back and forth between the two modes, as your projects require it -- and the powerful 6.5 amp variable speed motor (3,100 to 6,650 opm) matches the tool's speed to the task, for a smooth result on all surfaces.
This model is crammed with great convenience and power features, including a soft start function that tones down the start-up torque and a variable speed dial that makes it extra easy to match your working speed to the project. It also has Constant Response circuitry that maintains the pad speed under heavy loads while simultaneously protecting against overloads, and an integral pad dampening system to help prevent swirl marks -- plus a passive dust collection system (vacuum and hoses required, available by Bosch). The 1250DEVS uses 6-hole, 6-inch hook-and-loop discs. This kit includes a dust tube, soft backing pad, a left or right-hand auxiliary handle, one sanding disc, and a pad wrench (5mm) that stores on-board.
The 1250DEVS removes stock and finishing material quickly, without scratching -- making it perfect for most sanding jobs, from wood floors to furniture finishing. Bosch makes an assortment of 6-inch hook-and-loop discs and pads to fit this model, including discs for wood, paint, and special applications.
Key Technical Specs
- 6.5 amp motor
- No-load speed: 270-600 rpm
- No-load orbit speed: 3,100 - 6,6500 opm
- 6-inch disc size
This Bosch random orbit sander is covered by a 1-year unconditional Bosch warranty
What's in the box:
Bosch random orbit sander, dust tube, soft backing pad, auxiliary handle, sanding disc, pad wrench.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Dust extraction worked really well with the Bosch vacuum hose also found here on Amazon.
The only drawback was the weight because I was using it overhead the entire time. It only hurt for the first week, then I became strong and stopped noticing the weight.
I put over a hundred hours on this so far and haven't noticed a single flaw. Just check out my before and after pics! If you have lots of sanding to do, just get this. It well worth the premium price.
- In heavy-material-removal mode with a 40 grit pad, this is nearly as fast to remove material as an angle grinder with a flap disc; it removes bottom paint at an impressive rate.
- In normal mode, it worked great to sand a 120 square foot cedar deck to prepare for finish; entire deck sanded in under 30 minutes.
- The dust collection is fantastic with a Fein Turbo 1 (The Fien hose fits perfectly on this sander.)
- The ergonomics are great; I've never had a hard time finding a grip on it, even when working overhead
- The vac port being at the rear of the sander is nice for hose/cord management
- Extra pads are dirt cheap compared to those from Makita and other German brands: this is why I bought this tool over the comparable Makita.
- Has a nice quality feel; not exactly as nice as many older tools, but for a modern tool it feels pretty good
- I haven't found it to have a lack of power for any job; the only limitation seems to be my ability to control it
- Since it appears to be based on an angle-grinder motor, I expected it to get hot in operation. I'm happy to report that even when working hard, it only gets a little warm.
- It's heavy. Any kind of work where you have to support the weight of the sander will leave you exhausted.
- Before I purchased my Fien vac, I had to use multiple adapters, and buy new hoses, to get something that would work with this sander without getting in the way of the work. The vac port is just a little too low and close to the work; if it were another 10mm higher, it would make a world of difference. I looked into buying a Bosch hose specifically for this tool, but the price is astronomical. The cost of just getting a nice hose pushed me to buy an entirely new Fien shop vac.
This thing has saved me so much time over the last several months, that it has been worth every single dollar. It may seem expensive... but who enjoys sanding?
Top reviews from other countries
My main reasons:
1) It's made in Germany like those past classic Bosch tools. Fit and finish are excellent. It's smooth and actually quieter than the Rotex!
2) It uses standard 6" discs (6 hole) which are readily available at Home Depot and most auto/fastener supply shops etc. You're not forced to stick with the proprietary Festool discs. This is especially important when you're working off-site in remote locations and need to keep the party going! Tracking down a Festool boutique item doesn't help much when you're under pressure from a client. Festool's Koolaid system doesn't make any sense from a business standpoint - really, and I stand by that. Would you really drive 1-2 hours out of your way to buy a particular brand of gasoline for your pickup? That's what owning a Festool is like!
3) Dust collection is very good, it really comes down to the quality of your vacuum. Maybe the Festool has a miniscule edge (with its multiple holes on the edge), but even a $100 shop vac will do you just fine!
4) Power is not an issue - with it's whopping 6.5 amps. The rotary only mode does require practice. This mode does remove as much as a belt sander, but if you're concerned about cross grain scratches it's best not to use. I find it easier to sand out belt sander marks (that are with the grain) than remove the cross grain rotary marks. The rotary mode is best for the auto detailing and the polisher folks. It works great for polishing fiberglass and wax jobs. This makes the Bosch a very versatile machine.
5) Custom sanding options are available. You can get a hard pad, soft pad, and ultra soft pad (all available on Amazon). The ultra soft pad is suitable for sanding veneer cores - but just barely.
Because it is less expensive to purchase than the Festool, it doesn't come with a case (a $65 option) and the extra pads ($25 apiece typically).
It's durable, as we've run it continuously for 10 hours a day for days on end, with no over-heating or motor clogging. The foam backing pads (as expected) do wear out - so keep them on hand.
So when I saw this on sale on an Amazon Cyber Monday deal I jumped at it.
Price, even at full price this is les than half of the Festool RO150.
Tons of power, in rotex mode hang on.
Fast material removal.
Good build quality, Ergonomics/usability are good.
Dust collection was good with my Festool vacuum.
Price, even on sale dual mode sanders are expensive.
Different hole pattern from Festool & Makita 6" sanders, which I have a stock of paper for, but will move toward abranet more to accommodate.
This really is a rotex sander/polisher it's big and powerful... you can use it for finish sanding, but I wouldn't.
Ensuite, la poignée ne se visse pas correctement sur les côtés de la sableuse. Le plastique n'est pas aligné avec le filetage, il faut forcer pour installer le tout... pas génial sur un outil à 370$.
Dernier point, la sableuse est très difficile à manier en position décapage. Sur des surfaces planes comme un comptoir, elle saute dans tous les sens, il faut mettre de gros efforts pour la tenir en place sans exercer de pression. Pour planer une grande surface, je déconseille. Son instabilité présente des risques de faire des marques profondes dans le bois.
L'extraction de poussière fonctionne bien (mais il faut avoir le bon adaptateur) et la position finition est aussi efficace (même s'il y a peu de différences avec un palm sander à 100$).
Bref, je faisais confiance à Bosch et j'espérais que pour le prix, l'outil serait bien plus fonctionnel et plus efficace! Mon expérience n'est clairement pas positive cette fois.