Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 403 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 423 reviews
I highly recommend this Bose extension cable. There's not much to discuss because the product is simple - but I wanted to say that I have purchased nearly a dozen of these extension cables (both 3' and 20' sizes), and I've never had a problem with one.

I have tried other less expensive brands, but the sound quality suffers or the cord breaks in a short period of time. By contrast, Bose is reliable and durable.

The 20' cable is long enough to span most normal size rooms in a house. It's very useful if, for example, you want to watch your TV using a pair of headphones (and the headphones don't reach to the TV set) - this cable will span the gap. It's worth noting that this cable doesn't need to be used with Bose products - it will work with any product that has a 3.5mm audio jack.
33 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on February 2, 2016
Bose...I thought quality, dependable the best you can find, right? Not so much. I got this to use with an internet radio which has trouble connecting to the internet at times. Or so I thought. Recently have confirmed it is this cable that has never worked right and not the radio! Plug the headphones in and it works for a minute maybe, then cuts out. Fiddle with the connection and it might work for another thirty seconds or five seconds or not at all. Don't buy.
on December 1, 2015
I bought this as an extension for my Bose SoundTrue Headphones. While admittedly a little pricy they work great. The cord is really thin and light weight which means you don’t have to worry about putting strain on the headphones while walking around, the downside to this is that the cable is more prone to being damaged because of its thin insulation. I have had no problems or noticeable loss in audio quality so I can’t complain. They work and that’s what really matters in the end.
on February 27, 2017
I wasn't sure if, when I got the Bose headphones, if I would need a cable longer than the one it came with. It's not a short cord and it's a healthy length. However, I've used this extension cord on a regular basis. If you use your headphones but are trying to do things in your lap (knitting, crochet, laptop on your lap), it helps to have a longer cord that allows you to have it totally go around your lap - and not get in the way. It's very, very reasonably priced and would recommend anyone buying Bose headphones to buy this inexpensive but excellent extension cord as well.
on June 17, 2014
I had to get an extension for my Bose OE headphones. I would have preferred a smaller extension, maybe 8-10 feet, but I just keep a twisty tie handy to take up some of the slack. I will say I was impressed that there is no sound quality loss. I admit, I was going to buy a shorter non-Bose one, but there wasn't enough of a price difference to warrant buying a different brand. I even went to the Bose website thinking they might have a shorter extension that was longer than the included cables with the OE headphones, but there's not. Still, the cable does the job and maintains the sound quality. I can learn to deal with the excess cable. Recommended for all those with Bose headphones who try to sit away from your computer while listening to music or who are like me and have a long torso and still put your mp3 player in your pants pocket.
on July 28, 2015
This cord is excellent; fairly thin but durable and does not tangle easily. I needed it to connect earbuds to the TV, and it's long enough to run along the wall and behind the couch, but the quality, as you'd expect from Bose, is great.

It's a waste of money to buy good headsets and connect the to an inferior cable. And even when cheap cables work, they usually don't last, and you spend more on replacements than on one good Bose cable. Highly recommended.
on January 5, 2016
These work well but I didn't look close enough to see that they only have one male end. They work fine when plugged into the cable that comes with the QC25 headphones but I would prefer to go directly from audio source to headphones without another plug. Oh well, still good for times when I need to get up and grab something from across the room.
on November 26, 2012
I hesitated with this purchase because they were so adamant about specifying they were "for Bose headphones," but after some research and googling product closeups etc, I realized they were merely trying to brand the product more than they should have, so yes, they fit all standard 3.5mm headphones - no worries. As far as the product, I've had it for about a week, and it's been flawless thus far. I purchased it so I could watch tv at night and not disturb those around me. Now, the Klipsch S4 headphones I purchased at the same time are another story... terribly underwhelming, I actually am returning them, yuck! $50+ for headphones that basically sounded like the freebie headphones you get on an airplane, and I'm not exaggerating.
on September 8, 2015
There was an adaptor needed to use this extension cord. This was not stated in the description. But it was also not listed on Bose website. I called them directly and they sent me the adapter without charge.
on April 6, 2016
Not compatible with Q25. It does not say in the description that it is but stupid me I thought Q/A entries saying it is compatible would be accurate. This is not the case. The connector will not insert completely causing only one side of the headphones to play. This is probably due to the BOSE cable being a MIC, etc. and this cable is not supporting. You can partially remove the plug from the headphone itself to get both sides of the headphones to work but this is pointless. In the drawer it goes.