Bose IE2 audio headphones
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- A new standard of audio quality for greater musical detail
- Advanced design, durable materials for lasting quality
- StayHear tips for greater stability during exercise and other activities
- Hours of comfortable on-the-go listening
- Protective carrying case included, 1 year limited warranty parts and labor
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||alwayz-on-sale||Lots Deals 4 U||IZ store|
|Item Dimensions||4.72 x 7.48 x 4.8 in||1 x 1.9 x 6.9 in||1.56 x 3.2 x 7.02 in||5.55 x 8.03 x 4.57 in|
Bose IE2 audio headphones set a new standard for sound reproduction that conventional earbuds can't match. Re-engineered from the inside out, they feature an enhanced acoustic design that helps music sound smoother and more natural. And its new approach to construction provides a more secure fit and improved durability.
From the Manufacturer
Bose® IE2 audio headphones
Bose® IE2 In-Ear Headphones: Better Sound Through Research
Bose® IE2 audio headphones set a new standard for sound reproduction that conventional earbuds can't match. Re-engineered from the inside out, they feature an enhanced acoustic design that helps music sound smoother and more natural. And its new approach to construction provides a more secure fit and improved durability.
More Natural Sound
IE2 headphones reproduce music with more range and realism than most typical earbuds. A modified port design, in concert with Bose's proprietary TriPort® acoustic headphone structure, results in a richer audio performance with more detail in music's high frequencies. More clarity, even at louder volume levels--an overall presence you'd expect from much larger headphones.
Designed to Stay Put While You Move
Proprietary StayHear silicone tips offer greater in-ear stability during exercise and other active sports. Advanced materials and design allow the tips to nestle inside the bowl of the ear while also naturally conforming to the ear's upper ridge. The tips come in three sizes to fit listeners comfortably for hours on end. StayHear tips also are designed to remain more securely on the headphone itself. Overall, they provide a better on-the-go listening experience.
IE2 headphones are sturdier than ever, thanks to advanced materials, construction and manufacturing techniques--all adding up to more lasting quality for you. Each pair undergoes rigorous testing to meet Bose standards for performance and durability.
Versatility and Convenience
Bose IE2 headphones are engineered specifically for listening with MP3 players, laptops and portable CD players. The cable's angled plug fits directly into sources with recessed headphone jacks.
Also included are a sleek, protective carrying case with room for a portable MP3 player, plus original-style tips in three sizes.
IE2 In-Ear Headphones Highlights
- Greater in-ear stability from proprietary StayHear ear tips that nestle inside the bowl of the ear while naturally conforming to the ear's upper ridge.
- Enhanced acoustic design incorporating a new port to help music sound smoother and more natural.
- TriPort® acoustic headphone structure available only from Bose, produces tonally balanced audio with deep low notes from small, in-ear headphones.
- Reliable cable construction enhances flexibility and durability to better withstand the rigors of everyday use.
- S, M and L removable silicone StayHear tips for an adjustable, personal fit.
- Angled plug for extensive compatibility with most MP3 players, including most iPod® models, as well as laptops and portable CD and DVD players.
- Protective carrying case for storing headphones and a portable MP3 player.
- Hologram label provides a visual identifier and unique product code signifying the headphones are a genuine article from Bose. The hologram also has various security features that enable Bose to confirm the authenticity of the label. On Bose in-ear headphones, the label is located on the back side of the Y-joint's housing, where the wire splits off to each ear.
(one side, with StayHear® tip)
|1.3"H x 1.02"W x .59"D |
( 3.3 cm x 2.59 cm x 1.5 cm )
|Cable length from earbud to headphone plug||45.25 in (115 cm) |
( 9.6 cm x 7.4 cm )
What's in the box
- IE2 audio headphones
- 1 pair each of S, M and L StayHear tips
- Protective carrying case
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Overall, I have been using Bose for around 10 years. Their sound quality is very good when compared to every single other set of headphones I've tried. Not to say I've tried them, that's just not true. The build quality of these headphones does seem to hold up to about 2 years of moderate to heavy use, then you'll need a new pair.
I really wish I had a taste of that sound quality again, but $50+/year of use is a little much for me. Due to this continued failure, 3/5.
However, two unfortunate things have happened. First, the rubber shielding has cracked about an inch below the right earbud. I have wrapped it in black electrical tape to try to prevent the split from affecting the newly-exposed electrical wire. I have kept them in the very nice padded case they came with, and I have treated them well. The other disappointing thing is that the bass easily distorts. This is a little mystifying to me, as I have tried the headphones with different electronic devices, and I am not one to turn my volume up high. I have tried it with all acoustic effects disabled, yet the crackling persists at certain frequencies. I'll probably get a different brand next time, unless my warrantee service attempts prove fruitful...we'll see.
UPDATE: I contacted support, and they are sending me a new pair for the cost of shipping ($8 UPS), even though my one-year warranty expired six months ago. I bought my headphones at OneCall via Amazon and want sure if my headphones would even have a warranty. The device rep had me find the 4-digit serial number located under the plastic earphone cover and read it to him; he was able to retrieve the headphone info from that serial number. Hopefully this will fix the distortion as well as the cracked cabling. I have updated to 4 stars due to the excellent warranty service. If the distortion goes away, we'll be up to a 5.
Please note that these are really loud so I'd suggest lowering the volume on your vita during use.