Bose IE2 audio headphones
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- A new standard of audio quality for greater musical detail
- Advanced design, durable materials for lasting quality
- StayHear tips for greater stability during exercise and other activities
- Hours of comfortable on-the-go listening
- Protective carrying case included, 1 year limited warranty parts and labor
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
1MORE Triple Driver In Ear Headphones (Earphones, Earbuds) with Microphone (Titanium)
Panasonic RPHV21BK In-Ear Earbud Heaphones with Built-in Clip (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Sony DREX61IP Premium EX Monitor Earbuds (Black)
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||National Deals||Lots Deals 4 U|
|Item Dimensions||4.72 x 7.48 x 4.8 in||1 x 1 x 1 in||0.7 x 36 x 0.5 in||1.56 x 3.2 x 7.02 in|
Bose IE2 audio headphones set a new standard for sound reproduction that conventional earbuds can't match. Re-engineered from the inside out, they feature an enhanced acoustic design that helps music sound smoother and more natural. And its new approach to construction provides a more secure fit and improved durability.
From the Manufacturer
Bose® IE2 audio headphones
Bose® IE2 In-Ear Headphones: Better Sound Through Research
Bose® IE2 audio headphones set a new standard for sound reproduction that conventional earbuds can't match. Re-engineered from the inside out, they feature an enhanced acoustic design that helps music sound smoother and more natural. And its new approach to construction provides a more secure fit and improved durability.
More Natural Sound
IE2 headphones reproduce music with more range and realism than most typical earbuds. A modified port design, in concert with Bose's proprietary TriPort® acoustic headphone structure, results in a richer audio performance with more detail in music's high frequencies. More clarity, even at louder volume levels--an overall presence you'd expect from much larger headphones.
Designed to Stay Put While You Move
Proprietary StayHear silicone tips offer greater in-ear stability during exercise and other active sports. Advanced materials and design allow the tips to nestle inside the bowl of the ear while also naturally conforming to the ear's upper ridge. The tips come in three sizes to fit listeners comfortably for hours on end. StayHear tips also are designed to remain more securely on the headphone itself. Overall, they provide a better on-the-go listening experience.
IE2 headphones are sturdier than ever, thanks to advanced materials, construction and manufacturing techniques--all adding up to more lasting quality for you. Each pair undergoes rigorous testing to meet Bose standards for performance and durability.
Versatility and Convenience
Bose IE2 headphones are engineered specifically for listening with MP3 players, laptops and portable CD players. The cable's angled plug fits directly into sources with recessed headphone jacks.
Also included are a sleek, protective carrying case with room for a portable MP3 player, plus original-style tips in three sizes.
IE2 In-Ear Headphones Highlights
- Greater in-ear stability from proprietary StayHear ear tips that nestle inside the bowl of the ear while naturally conforming to the ear's upper ridge.
- Enhanced acoustic design incorporating a new port to help music sound smoother and more natural.
- TriPort® acoustic headphone structure available only from Bose, produces tonally balanced audio with deep low notes from small, in-ear headphones.
- Reliable cable construction enhances flexibility and durability to better withstand the rigors of everyday use.
- S, M and L removable silicone StayHear tips for an adjustable, personal fit.
- Angled plug for extensive compatibility with most MP3 players, including most iPod® models, as well as laptops and portable CD and DVD players.
- Protective carrying case for storing headphones and a portable MP3 player.
- Hologram label provides a visual identifier and unique product code signifying the headphones are a genuine article from Bose. The hologram also has various security features that enable Bose to confirm the authenticity of the label. On Bose in-ear headphones, the label is located on the back side of the Y-joint's housing, where the wire splits off to each ear.
(one side, with StayHear® tip)
|1.3"H x 1.02"W x .59"D |
( 3.3 cm x 2.59 cm x 1.5 cm )
|Cable length from earbud to headphone plug||45.25 in (115 cm) |
( 9.6 cm x 7.4 cm )
What's in the box
- IE2 audio headphones
- 1 pair each of S, M and L StayHear tips
- Protective carrying case
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I just got back from running a half-marathon with these in my ears the entire time. My first impression is that these were extremely comfortable. So comfortable, in fact, I pretty much forgot they were even there when the music was off during pre-race instructions. The other pair I had, that did not have the StayHear tips, were also comfortable, but this raised the comfort level just a notch.
Also, these were very stable. Usually when exercising with any headphones I have to press them into my ear as they shift with all the bouncing that I end up doing. Especially the in-ear, noise isolating ones that give me a headache after an hour of so of use. I did not need to do that ONCE with these headphones. They get in there, they stay there, and are very comfortable the entire time.
Everything about this is fantastic. The sound, from the lows, the mid-range, and the highs, sound great. When I listen to audio books, the speakers come across very rich and clear, almost like they are standing right next to me.
These are, without a doubt, my go-to headphones 90% of the time. The only thing I won't use these for are when I'm trying to block outside noise and only noise-canceling, over-the-ear headphones will work for that. Which is a shame because they block the noise but are nowhere near as clear sounding or comfortable. I just wish I could afford the Bose brand, but I can't justify the expense.
Now, back to the IE2. With the name "IE2" I would assume that these are inner earphones, yet the packaging clearly states no noise canceling (or isolation) ability with the set. It also includes a case, which looks and feels cheap, and of little real world use. IE2 comes with 2 types of tips (in three sizes), which should allow comfortable fit for any ear. I did however, not get comfortable fit. I always felt like they were going to fall out of my ears. These buds come with a fairly short (not a deal breaker) and flimsy small-gauge cable (compared to some) that flies around and gets caught on things, because, I think it is too lightweight. Overall, I did not find that the build quality inspired confidence.
So overall, I would rate these a 4 for use in a quiet room/context - most people will likely find a good fit and enjoy the sound. However, I would rate these a 1 or a 2 for use in noisy environments (public transit, gyms, airplanes) that I often find myself in.
Even though much more expensive than many other headphones I found the price to be one that I am OK to pay. These headphones have a remarkable range regardless of price. The bass is full and clear. The sound across the board is very unmuffled and distinct. I am very happy. This product is heads and tails above the standard buds that come with your iPod/iPhone and just about anything else on the market today.
1. Fair Price
2. Great Sound
3. Great Range
4. Great Bass
5. Light / Comfortable / Stylish
6. Unique Design for in ear placement
1. Cost make the set a bit expensive for all audio devices. I won't be buying for my kids ;)
2. I can't come up with two cons. This is an amazing product.
A great set of headphones that I couldn't be happier with. I hope they last me a very long time.