4-Year Portable Electronics Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Bose A20 Aviation Headset (Battery-powered w/Bluetooth, Electret mic, Straight cord, Twin plug) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Price:||$1,095.95 & FREE Shipping|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Redesigned pilot headset offers significantly better noise reduction in even louder environments
- Provides greater comfort and stability, with more room for your ears
- Auxiliary audio input for GPS and other devices
- Bluetooth mobile phone connectivity lets you receive calls wirelessly without removing headset
- Meets or exceeds all FAA and JAA TSO requirements
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The A20 aviation headset is the most advanced Bose pilot headset yet. Its breakthrough innovations reduce more noise and provide even greater comfort than previous models, without compromising the clear audio you expect from Bose. Plus, the A20 aviation headset now includes auxiliary audio input and Bluetooth phone connectivity. The next-generation pilot headset from Bose. More than 20 years ago, Bose introduced active noise reducing headsets to aviation-and launched an entire industry. Year after year, pilots have made these headsets their #1 preference. Now, the A20 aviation headset introduces an entirely new standard. Enjoy a quieter flight. Proprietary technologies in the Bose A20 aviation headset reduce more noise than ever before, across the full spectrum of human hearing, in even louder environments. Advanced electronics now use microphones.
From the Manufacturer
Bose® A20 - with Dual GA plug, Bluetooth cable
Bose A20 Aviation Headset
The acclaimed A20 headset features breakthrough innovations to reduce noise and provide comfort—without compromising the clear audio you expect from Bose. It also includes an auxiliary audio input and Bluetooth phone connectivity. No other headset offers this advanced combination of features and benefits. In fact, Bose was rated #1 by readers of Professional Pilot magazine, 2011 Headset Preference Survey.*
Enjoy a quieter flight
Proprietary technologies in the A20 Aviation Headset reduce noise, across the full spectrum of human hearing, in even louder environments. Advanced electronics use microphones both inside and outside each earcup to sense and reduce ambient sound.
Bose ear cushion technology helps further reduce unwanted noise. Unique cushion materials block sound before it enters the earcups, providing a quieter headset experience.
And greater comfort
The A20 Aviation Headset also provides significant comfort and stability. The overall headset profile is compact, and the earcup cavity is large enough to allow more room for the ears. The proprietary cushions improve the earcups' acoustic seals, even over eyeglasses, and remain comfortable during long flights. The solid magnesium headband is extremely durable, yet lightweight, and its sheepskin cushion eliminates hot spots. The A20 headset weighs just 12 ounces and exerts approximately 1/3 less clamping force than most active headsets.
AUX IN and Bluetooth technology convenience
The control module includes an auxiliary audio input with Intercom/AUX priority switching. Many pilots will want to use this input for dedicated GPS and traffic warning systems. You can set audio priority to mute the AUX input completely when intercom signal is detected, or to simply lower the AUX volume appropriately.
Bluetooth mobile phone connectivity allows you to receive calls wirelessly while wearing the A20 headset. And its EMI protection helps minimize interference from the mobile phone. Plus, the headset's integrated sidetone provides natural sounding communications when you're on a call and disconnected from the intercom.
* Quote reprinted with permission.
- Significant noise reduction across a wide range of frequencies. Proprietary Bose innovations use microphones both inside and outside each earcup to sense and reduce ambient aircraft noise.
- Proprietary ear cushions deliver substantial comfort using unique materials. Compact earcups have a larger interior cavity, allowing more room for the ears; redistribution of headset weight provides overall comfort and stability.
- Center torsion spring on magnesium headband provides a consistent, comfortable fit for any size head—with significantly less clamping force than most pilot headsets.
- TriPort® acoustic headset structure, available only from Bose, produces tonally balanced audio from relatively small and lightweight headphones.
- Active equalization electronically tunes the headphones' frequency response, enabling outstanding audio performance.
- Adjustable powered electret microphone can be connected to either earcup and set in a range of stable positions for optimal communications.
- Auxiliary audio input on control module for connection to GPS and other devices.
- Bluetooth phone connectivity lets you take calls wirelessly through the headset.
- EMI Protection minimizes communications interference.
- Integrated sidetone provides natural sounding communications when you're on a call and disconnected from the intercom.
- Smart shutoff helps provide at least 45 hours of use from just two AA alkaline batteries.
- Ergonomic control module includes contoured grip and streamlined interface with high-contrast icons on main controls.
- Custom carrying case helps protect headset during storage and transport.
- TSO certified by FAA/JAA to meet performance standards for headsets used on civil aircraft. Made in the US, it also meets RTCA/DO-160D and DO-214 environmental requirements.
- Five-year transferable limited warranty covers parts, labor and second-day return shipping expenses for non-abuse malfunctions.
|Product dimensions:||6.3 x 3.1 x 8.4 inches ; 12 ounces|
|Shipping dimensions:||6 x 11 x 7.25 inches ; 4.5 pounds|
What's in the box
- A20 Aviation Headset
- In-line clothing clips (2)
- Bluetooth control module
- Carrying case
- 2 AA batteries
- Aux-in cable adapter
Bose® A20 AUX Adapter -- Additional aux adapter for your A20 headset. Use as a replacement for a lost or damaged adapter. Provides connectivity to portable audio sources.
Similar Bose Products to Consider
Bose® A20 Aviation Headset—with 6-pin plug, Bluetooth cable -- For aircraft owners. Aircraft powered, with wire harness, electret microphone. Bluetooth connectivity lets you take calls wirelessly through the headset.
Bose® A20 Aviation Headset—with U-174 plug, Bluetooth cable -- For civilian helicopter pilots. Battery powered, automatic smart shutoff, electret microphone. Bluetooth connectivity lets you take calls wirelessly through the headset.
Bose® A20 Aviation Headset—with dual GA plug -- For pilots who fly multiple general aircraft. Battery powered, automatic smart shutoff, electret microphone.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The workmanship is good, they are a bit on the plasticy side, but otherwise well made, and if you're going to be flying something like a King Air or small Twin, they're great... but they work so well in an airline cockpit that you won't hear your copilot talking unless you use intercom, which most airlines don't..
Anyway, that's my take on it. Wish Bose would make a ligher weight airline version.
Most recent customer reviews
Con: Horrible and slow customer support, Bose website ordering system is a mess...Read more