- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Bose CineMate 1 SR Home Theater Speaker System (Black)
- Spacious home theater sound from a sleek soundbar speaker
- System sound customized to room size, shape and furnishings
- Easily connects directly to your HDTV, no receiver required
- Wireless Acoustimass module for low-note performance
- Flexmount technology ensures optimal performance wherever soundbar is positioned
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
CineMate 1 SR home theater speaker system
A roomful of sound. One slim speaker. It's a perfect match for the home theater enthusiast who values elegant design. The CineMate 1 SR speaker system provides thrilling home theater audio that you might expect from a multi-speaker system, but its singular, sleek profile makes an ideal complement to your HDTV. It's a minimalist approach to home entertainment—with maximum performance from a soundbar speaker.
Exclusive Bose innovations deliver wide, spacious sound that extends well beyond the speaker's physical size. A wireless Acoustimass module adds emphatic low notes to movies, music and games - and it can be neatly tucked from view. And it's all controlled with a simplified universal remote.
This soundbar speaker system packs a notable amount of technology in its slender frame. All you'll notice is immersive sound that resets expectations for 1.1-channel systems.
Place It Here ... or There
Any way you look at it, the CineMate 1 SR speaker system is designed to fit your style. You can flush-mount it on a wall, or lay it flat on a table. Proprietary Flexmount technology detects the speaker's orientation and ensures optimal audio output however you position the speaker. It's a breakthrough that sets the CineMate 1 SR speaker apart from conventional soundbar speakers. But you'll see it fits right in with your TV.
The CineMate 1 SR speaker also features PhaseGuide and array technologies. They work together with TrueSpace technology to direct sound precisely, sending acoustic detail to the left, right and center of your room. The wireless Acoustimass module adds dramatic low notes to your entertainment - without adding a cable connection from the module to the speaker. From movie and game effects to sweeping crowd noise, you'll feel the unmistakable impact of everything you watch.
Sound Designed for Your Room
The soundbar speaker's performance is also customized to the acoustics of your room with the Bose ADAPTiQ audio calibration system. Once you've placed your speaker, just run the ADAPTiQ system and enjoy consistent performance throughout the room from then on.
The SmartSource input selection system automatically monitors the speaker's two auxiliary inputs. As you switch sources, the system retrieves the best audio signal available. What you see and what you hear are in sync - and as good as can be.
- ADAPTiQ audio calibration system analyzes the way your room's dimensions and other variables affect sound, then automatically adjusts the sound of your speaker system to the acoustics of your room.
- Flexmount automatic placement compensation automatically detects the speaker's orientation - flat on a table, or mounted on a wall - and adjusts the sound to ensure wide, spacious sound.
- PhaseGuide sound radiators work with TrueSpace technology to direct sound with precision, sending acoustic detail to the left, right and center of your room.
- SmartSource input selection system continuously monitors the system's auxiliary audio inputs and automatically switches to the best audio signal available that matches what's on the TV.
- Wireless Acoustimass module produces deep low notes for added home theater realism. A wireless link allows for flexible placement and does away with any speaker cables from the module to the soundbar.
- Programmable IR remote controls the CineMate 1 SR system and nearly any attached entertainment device to simplify the experience and reduce the clutter of multiple remotes.
|Soundbar speaker:||4.9 x 36.8 x 2.4 inches ; 7.8 pounds|
|Acoustimass module:||11.1 x 14.7 x 7.6 inches ; 13.8 pounds|
What's in the box
- Wireless Acoustimass module
- Remote control
- Optical digital cable (2)
- Coaxial digital cable
- Stereo audio cable
- Power cord
- ADAPTiQ audio calibration headset
- USB flash drive (for system updating only)
- Acoustimass module feet
- Speaker array extension feet
- 2 AA batteries
Similar Bose Products to Consider
Read about our customers' top-rated sound bars on our Sound Bar Reviews page.
Top Customer Reviews
After three days of use, I highlighted the following:
- Very easy to set-up and install.
- Beautiful look, compact, and unassuming.
- Powerful room filling sound (think Avatar).
- Nice to have a Bose product sitting in front of the TV.
- Cost - a little on the high side for some people.
All in, I felt really good about my purchase. That said, after more regular use, watching TV and Movies, I started to notice one important weakness in the unit that troubled me:
The unit does an incredible job of projecting background sounds that you never would have heard through normal TV speakers. Honestly, it takes your viewing experience to a whole new level. However, human voices DO NOT project out nearly enough to compete with other sounds coming from the soundbar. As a result, I found myself constantly turning the volume on the unit higher to hear what they were saying. Of course, this also increases the ambient sounds also. Without even realizing it, both my wife and I found ourselves commenting that we had to keep the volume up so much that it began to make our ears ring (for context, we are not old farts complaining - we are in our 30s!). Doing so, also resulted in a constant game of volume up/down during certain scenes.Read more ›
If you are someone who goes "spec crazy" and counts Watts and diameter sizes, keep browsing. I personally listen to notes and not numbers and these speakers are awesome to me.
1. Unexpected and superb surround sound in an medium to small room. Perfect for apartments, master bedrooms or dens. I can hear birds, airplanes and dogs barking and I instinctively look towards my window or door in the house, thinking I'd left a door or window open. Nope - it's the surround sound coming at me from all angles in my living room. It's actually the movie. Awesome!
2. Minimalism in wires and wireless Acoustimass (Sub-woofer) module. This makes it wife friendly, as she's sick of seeing wires running all over the house. Note: When wife approves the battle has been won!
3. Simple setup, great packaging - I would say over packaged. Reminds me of Apple product packaging. It's obvious Bose has hired a packaging engineer to ensure their products are packaged in a specific and intuitive way to keep their products in pristine condition.
4. Quality build and solid feeling product. Piano black surface makes this the sexiest looking piece in the living room. The remote feels like a tank, and like it can be dropped from a 10 story building and survive the fall.
5. Acoustimass (Sub-woofer) module is a new generation/model. provides surprisingly good sound for it's size. The engineers at Bose have figured out a way to do more with less. I find myself taking a shower and have to turn off the water because I hear noises like someone is breaking into the house.Read more ›
If you have any of the larger, thinner type TV's of the last few years, you have three choices.
1. Simply use the two built in 10-20 watt rear and downward facing speakers... UGH!
2. Do the work for a true 3.1 or 5.1 system. Notice I ignored the 2.1, more on that later.
3. Use a high quality sound bar system.
I think most people agree. The built in speakers are garbage. To prove the point, most genuine home theater TV's are actually Monitors and have no speakers. This brings me to point #2. Take the KURO line of TV's as an example of the Monitor TV I mentioned. This is what I paired with a 5.1 surround system. The audio system was nearly as much as the TV, and that is because I did what I could to avoid spending 2x the TV cost in Audiophile grade components. The one lesson I truly learned in this. CENTER CHANNELS ARE KEY. That is why I also mentioned a 3.1 and not a 2.1 system. Some people might not realize this, but a 2.1 channel is only going to be a louder, clearer form of the built in speakers already in their TV's. It is still Stereo, with the added .1 for all the extra base on the low end. Without a center channel, there is no good way to genuinely highlight the voice/speech within the audio layer. Any quality HD broadcast has separate channels for this reason. It is marvelous to have a proper center channel when watching movies which emphasize the dialogue over the action. It emanates from just below the TV, giving you a distinct point to focus. No more wondering "what did he/she say?" and hitting rewind.
Now to point #3.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
No auto on with TV, but definitely auto off. Bad Bose product.Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
Used to like this sound bar, but it has now died on me twice.
The first time Bose took care of it quickly. This time I figured they'll do the same - but no. Read more
Biggest waste of $ yet! Had super high hopes due to the fact that i have an old bose acoustimass 15 system about 15 years old that sounds fantastic still! Read morePublished 7 months ago by tito rodriguez
Worked beautifully for the difficult location where I installed it.Published 13 months ago by Samuel P.
Great soundbar. The best one out there, in my opinion. I had a yamaha one prior to this that died on me after 6 months of use. This one blows that soundbar out of the water.Published 13 months ago by JMA
Excellent sound. I have not experienced the problems with mid-range (vocal) definition cited by some other reviewers. Read morePublished 15 months ago by JinBerkeley