Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Bose Companion 2 Series II Multimedia Speaker System" and save 23% off the $99.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Bose Companion 2 Series II Multimedia Speaker System
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Designed to provide a clearer and more realistic music or movie or gaming experience.
- Contemporary, elegant appearance
- Dual inputs for easy connection to computer and additional audio source
- your computer is a primary source of entertainment.
- They're also designed for convenience, with both the volume control and headphone jack close at hand
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Odds are, your computer is a primary source of entertainment. So why rely on standard computer speakers with so much rich content at your fingertips . Step up to Companion 2 Series II speakers and unleash your computers true potential with powerful, full-range sound for CDs, DVDs, MP3s, streaming videos, games and more. Companion 2 Series II speakers deliver both the subtleties in your music and the rousing resonance of movie and game sound effects. Think of them as giving new voice to your computer. And with Bose TrueSpace stereo signal processing circuitry, that voice really has some reach. Experience a spacious, dramatic soundstage that seems to extend beyond the desktop speakers, whether you've set them next to your monitor or placed them farther apart. You'll also appreciate the clear, robust response for those challenging low musical notes and sound effects. Companion 2 speakers bring more than new flair to your desktop. They're also designed for convenience, with both the volume control and headphone jack close at hand. All so controlling your listening experience is as simple as you'd like it to be. Dual inputs enable the speakers to be used with your computer as well as a second audio source, such as a portable MP3 or CD player. And Companion 2 Series II speakers are magnetically shielded to prevent interference with your monitor. Now, its time to play.
From the Manufacturer
Bose® Companion® 2 Series II multimedia speaker system
Bose - Better Sound Through Research
The most popular- and most affordable - computer speaker system from Bose provides a noticeable performance upgrade over conventional computer speakers. The Companion 2 system creates a spacious soundstage that seems to extend beyond the speakers themselves. You'll notice it most while sitting right at your computer. You may also detect more lower-note presence than you've experienced with other computer sound systems. Your music, movies and games should sound fuller and more satisfying.
Dual inputs on the Companion 2 speakers make it a snap to connect to your computer and, at the same time, your MP3 player, tablet or another portable audio source. Volume control and headphone jack are within easy reach on the front of the right speaker.
Setup is easy. Just plug in the power cord and the input cable to your computer, and you're ready to play. And the contemporary appearance of the speakers complements any laptop or PC.
Step up to Bose sound and hear more of what your computer has to offer, with the Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker system.
- Proprietary TrueSpace® stereo digital processing circuitry creates a wide two-channel soundstage engineered specifically for listening at your computer.
- Ported cabinet design provides fuller music and deeper movie/gaming special effects from a small enclosure.
- Convenient control and headphone jack placement allow easy access to volume control and headphone connection.
- Dual inputs let you enjoy two audio sources simultaneously—one to your computer, the other to a portable audio device.
- Magnetically shielded speakers prevent monitor interference or damage to magnetic media.
- Automatic tonal balance provides convincing audio performance at practically any listening level.
Right speaker: 7.5 x 3.13 x 5.88 inches
Left speaker: 7.5 x 3.13 x 5.88 inches
|Shipping Weight||6 lbs|
What's in the box
- Powered speaker
- Accessory speaker
- Speaker cable
- Audio input cable with mini-plug
- AC power pack
Companion® 20 multimedia speaker system
Companion® 5 multimedia speaker system
Companion® 2 multimedia speaker system
|Speaker configuration and stands||2 speakers||2 speakers||2 speakers with stands, Acoustimass® module||2 speakers|
|Digital 5.1 audio playback||✓|
|Magnetically shielded speakers||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Control/connectivity||Remote, plus volume and power controls on speaker.||Control pod for volume, with single-touch mute. Headphone jack, second audio input.||Control pod for volume, with single-touch mute. Headphone jack, second audio input.||Volume control on speaker. Headphone jack, second audio input.|
Top customer reviews
1. The quality. You can hear the strings of a guitar or distinct tone in ones voice
2. No ugly subwoofer. Lets face it who in the world needs a subwoofer with a computer? These have a great bass that will match equally the volume of the rest of the music.
3. The design, slim and attractive. Not big, bulky, or trying to look cool like some of the other products.
I guess you can list price, but honestly I got 7 years out of my first pair and that included a move (and lets face it when you move you just toss computer speakers really around). So yes you get what you pay for. and in this case. You definitely get what you are paying for.
To kick off the review I want to say that I am by no means an audiophile, I am just a casual music lover/listener. Nor do I listen to music that requires high quality equipment to really enjoy (i.e. orchestra or opera). I listen mostly to rock, classic rock, and occasionally I like to play nature sounds to help me relax and meditate/sleep.
I have these set on my bookshelf and hooked up to apple's airport so I can stream music from my iphone and computer. It's in a fairly small space cuz I live in an NYC apartment. For my purposes, it's absolutely perfect. The sound is rich and bounces off the walls, it sounds like I am surrounded in my music even though the speakers are located in a corner of the room. The bass is not too much, which is a plus for me because sometimes too much bass gives me a headache. The volume goes up pretty loud, for the most part I turn it less than halfway and it's more than enough for me. However, I am in a very small space, so this may not be the same for other people.
When I have friends over, they comment on how great the sounds are, and I tell them it's computer speakers, and they're all surprised.To give you an idea of how great and 'realistic' the sound is...one night I was playing a recording of a thunderstorm to help me fall asleep, and my gf woke up and said to me 'wow it's really raining out'!
A lot of people are saying you can get a lot better for your money, and theres also the Bose haters who thinks they're overpriced and the products are shoddy. I personally think these are great and I am really getting my money's worth. These are actually intended to be computer speakers, which in my opinion is an overkill. I think they work awesome as a mini home stereo system.