Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 275 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 499 reviews
on January 2, 2016
After 4 months of daily use, I can confidently say that these speakers are fantastic!
I have had no issues with any of the components. I had an older version of Bose computer speakers that would pop very loudly when I would change the volume using the dial, but this set has not has that issue at all. Make sure the left and right speakers have an unobstructed placement for best results. Music, movies, and games sound great! These do a good job of making it sound like audio is coming from every direction, especially in games.
Be aware that these are USB speakers, and connect to the computer via USB, so they will not use your computer's sound card. If you're OK with that, you can disable the computer sound card like I did.
on March 19, 2017
Arrived quickly and was packaged very well. Setup was straightforward. What is superb about this speaker system is its sound quality. It truly mimics 5.1 in a compact 2.1 configuration. The sound is clean and exactly what you expect from Bose.

Well worth the price in my opinion for a high-end computer sound system.
on July 28, 2015
I gave these only 3 star because even though the sound quality is excellent the speakers are not good for different devices and the puck system is not good for me. I wanted to use the speakers either with my computer or SMART TV. The cables are only good for the computer. I read the specifications well before I bought the speakers and assumed with today's inter-exchange with devices the speakers would be able to use the USB or HDMI port; not so. I find the puck difficult and cumbersome. I would like more versatility on sound control. With these speakers I have to be at or near the computer if I want to change anything. For me they do not work well with the other SMART systems. And, quite frankly the speaker quality is too good for just working at the computer. I would happily give the speakers a 5 star if I could use them as I want.
on July 3, 2017
So far, I am digging my upgraded Bose Companion speakers. I only wish that the desk stands were adjustable as they slightly interfere with my monitors but no big deal. Easy hook up and sound great.
on December 14, 2012
Going back to my original Bose 901s from 1978, we've had more Bose items in our house than most. 2x Lifestyle systems, 601 and 301 satellites, even had a Bose system in our 1977 Volvo 264GL (that was a great car), and a few other variants in the '90s. Our current Bose Wavemate, Bose Acoustimass, and multiple sets of headphones were just joined with a new Companion 5 system for our new office and it sounds outstanding with all of the media types that my Mac can toss it. I edit sound with Adobe Audition and Apple Logic and edit movie footage in Adobe Premiere Pro and Apple's Final Cut Studio X and natural sound is mandatory. The Bose C5 system gives me just the right balance and clarity to keep my mix and mastering efforts on the right track.

Installation is simple (one page in their guide for Mac), but you do need to pay attention to the speaker placement - they really do need to be around 24" apart for proper sound imaging.

One more thing that I learned is that you really do need to plug then directly into the system, or into a very hi powered USB switch or you will see them come and go so far as your system is concerned.

Pros:

Bose quality
Incredible Sound
Compact size

Cons:

Speakers can't be "arranged" and must be placed according to the Bose instructions
You must plug directly into your system rather than through a USB HUB

I recommend these to friends with no hesitation.
on February 22, 2017
Great sound and easy to install. USB connection, so only really good for a PC or laptop, not as a standalone stereo system. The sound quality is superb and playing games and watching movies on my PC is a real pleasure with these. They also look very nice with my setup and don't take up a lot of desk space like my previous setup. At first i thought not having a real wireless remote would be a hassle, but since they are PC speakers, the cord is plenty long enough to have it in easy reach for me to adjust volume.
on October 15, 2016
These are by FAR the best speakers I have ever owned for my computer. The sound is crisp and clear, the bass is great for it's size, and people have asked me what speakers I have because they make theirs sound terrible. Has happened 3 times in 24 hours. Yes, they are expensive for computer speakers, but you gotta keep in mind you get what you pay for.
on March 24, 2014
Bose quality speakers. Through equalization these two speakers with subwoofer can synthesize the sound of a 5.1 system. It is fairly realistic. There is a control for the output of the sub and control pod to set volume and mute levels with function light: A green light = system is on; an amber = pause mode; red= system is sleeping and not active. It connects via usb cable to the computer. I have two of these. When friends first visit, they ask where is the sound system? This unit sounds like a much larger system than it is. While it cost more than many other systems, you really do get what you pay for if you want quality sound with deep and powerful bass when required. I am very satisfied with both units.
on March 17, 2017
I am so happy with the product. My previous speaker was a set from harman kardon soundstick 2 but this bose speaker wins all.
on December 12, 2014
Don't listen to any of the brand-bias or negativity out there... Bose and its speakers are first-rate. You probably won't find a negative review that doesn't mention that as the main gripe, but just because someone else doesn't want to pay for the quality doesn't mean you should follow them down the same path. The sound quality and the system's integration to your computer is terrific. There isn't a better system out there (unless you're willing to spring for a Bowers & Wilkins or Bang & Olufsen system, in which case you will hear even more people whining about price), not to mention one that looks as good as this one does just sitting there. The sooner you get this system, the sooner you'll enjoy your music more and wonder why you waited.