- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Bose Lifestyle 135 Home Entertainment System (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Price:||$1,995.95 & FREE Shipping|
- Our best single-speaker system provides onscreen navigation to simplify system setup and everyday use
- Easily connect and control up to 6 of your HD video and music sources, with video up scaling to 1080p
- System sound customized to room size, shape and furnishings
- Wireless Acoustimass module for low-note performance
- Dock for iPod or iPhone, AM/FM tuner
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
The system's ability to deliver room-filling sound from one slim speaker is made possible by Bose proprietary PhaseGuide sound radiators and TrueSpace signal processing. And the Acoustimass module contributes the deep low notes that bring movies and TV to life.
Whether you place the soundbar on a table or wall-mount it, Flexmount automatic placement compensation technology lets you experience room-filling sound. And, because the Acoustimass module is wireless, you have greater placement flexibility.
You can connect up to 6 HD and music sources to the control console - such as your Blu-ray Disc player, cable box and gaming system - plus your iPod or iPhone. It's engineered with exclusive Bose Unify technology, which guides you through the setup process and even verifies the connections you make.
Bose Unify technology makes using and controlling your sources easier, too. Clear onscreen menus provide all the information you need for the sources you've connected. The Lifestyle 135 system also uses the ADAPTiQ audio calibration system to customize the sound to fit the unique acoustics of your room.
Flexible speaker placement enabled by FlexMount technology, which adjusts the sound based on the speaker's position Shows you the right inputs and best connection options, and even verifies you've done it correctly. Clear on-screen menus provide all the information you need for the sources you've connected. Simple to connect up
From the Manufacturer
Bose® Lifestyle® 135 home entertainment system
It's easy to envision the Lifestyle® 135 home entertainment system with your HDTV. But there's much more to this soundbar speaker system than its slim profile. Exclusive Bose® technologies help control your home theater sources with a level of ease not found in typical 1.1-channel systems. Add your 3D Blu-ray Disc™ player and other HD components to the system with guided setup. And enjoy simple, everyday use with onscreen menus for all your connected sources.
The slim speaker delivers exhilarating home theater audio that convincingly sweeps around your room. That cinematic sound is complemented by a wireless Acoustimass module for resounding low note performance. A control console features an AM/FM tuner and dock for your iPod or iPhone to round out a complete entertainment system. It's an easy, elegant, high-performance approach to home theater that fits your style.
Thanks to TrueSpace® technology and advanced PhaseGuide™ array technologies you'll enjoy sound that's much wider than the speaker's physical size. You'll hear acoustic detail from the left, center and right, all from a single visible speaker that fits right in with your HDTV.
The compact Acoustimass module is easily hidden from view but reproduces noticeable bass performance. The low notes and effects add a level of realism to whatever you watch, and more depth to your favorite music, too. And with the module's wireless technology, there's no speaker wire running from the soundbar to the module.
Easy to Set Up. Easy to Use.
The Unify® intelligent integration system walks you through system setup, step by step. As you connect components to the control console, the system recommends the best connectors via onscreen messages. It even confirms that you've made the connection properly.
Each device is then automatically added to the source menu accessed on your TV screen. No more toggling through video inputs to find the right source. If you add a Blu-ray player, it shows up as "Blu-ray" in the onscreen menu. This makes it easy and intuitive for anyone to use the Unify system.
Unify technology also simplifies programming your Bose remote to control your Lifestyle® 135 system and most anything attached to it. During setup, the Unify system references an internal database to identify each connected component, and automatically teaches the Bose remote to control it. Plus, you can view system information, including iPod and FM/AM status, on the Bose remote's LCD screen.
Sound Designed for Your Room
Your room is unique. And its size, shape, textures and other elements affect the sound you hear. The ADAPTiQ® system was developed to analyze your room and then adjust the Lifestyle® system's sound for a consistent, high-quality performance.
This system also sets you up for a second room of sound with built-in Bose link technology. Add compatible Bose products and enjoy the home theater system's audio in as many as 14 additional areas, even outdoors.
- Unify intelligent integration system uses onscreen navigation to simplify system setup and everyday use. This proprietary technology walks you through setup, showing the right inputs and best connection options, and even verifies you've done it correctly. Clear, onscreen menus provide all the information you need for your connected sources.
- ADAPTiQ audio calibration system analyzes the way your room's dimensions and other variables affect sound, then automatically adjusts the sound of your speaker system to the acoustics of your room.
- Flexmount™ automatic placement compensation automatically detects the speaker's orientation - flat on a table, or mounted on a wall- and adjusts the sound to ensure wide, spacious sound.
- PhaseGuide sound radiators work with TrueSpace technology to direct sound with precision, sending acoustic detail to the left, right and center of your room.
- Control console with abundant inputs/outputs, including 4 HDMI® connections and 2 HD audio connections. Also features built-in AM/FM tuner.
- Wireless Acoustimass module produces deep low notes for added home theater realism. A wireless link allows for flexible placement and does away with any speaker cables from the module to the soundbar.
- Dock for iPod charges your iPod as you listen or whenever docked. Watch your video content on your HDTV and control it with the Bose remote. Compatible with most iPod and iPhone models.
- Bose remote features an LCD screen to simplify management of your entertainment sources. Works on radio frequency to operate through walls and floors.
- Bose link whole-home audio technology lets you connect compatible Bose products to your Lifestyle® home entertainment system for listening in as many as 14 additional rooms - even outdoors.
|Soundbar speaker:||4.9 x 36.8 x 2.4 inches ; 7.8 pounds|
|Acoustimass module:||11.1 x 14.7 x 7.6 inches ; 13.8 pounds|
|Control console:||3 x 16.6 x 9.3 inches ; 7.5 pounds|
|Dock for iPod:||.7 x 3.2 x 2.9 inches ; .5 pounds|
|Shipping weight:||47 pounds|
What's in the box
- Control console
- Wireless Acoustimass® module
- Remote control
- Audio input cable
- AC power cord
- HDMI® cable
- IR emitter cable
- Stereo audio cable
- Power cord
- ADAPTiQ® audio calibration headset
- USB flash drive (for system updating only)
- Acoustimass® module feet
- Speaker array extension feet
- AM antenna
- FM antenna
- 4 AA batteries
Similar Bose Products to Consider
Read about our customers' top-rated sound bars on our Sound Bar Reviews page.
Top Customer Reviews
Anyway, this unit finally arrived, and I chose it over the SR1 because of the multiple HDMI inputs and the fact that it has a headphone socket for late night viewing. The installation was fairly painless, and instructions on screen very comprehensive. As for the proprietary 'headphone' microphones that allow the system to balance the sound for where you sit, I was very impressed with the ease of use and the resulting effect. Once everything was set up, I tried the system out with a variety of inputs; films, music and the iPod connector. INCREDIBLE. That's all I can say. I have experienced a couple of other units including a Yamaha and an LG soundbar and this thing absolutely blows them out of the water.Read more ›
So i've been looking at various 2.1 and soundbar options. While expensive, the Bose 1SR and Freestyle 135 systems are amazing. The speaker array is capable of producing a tremendous full volume, and has enough drivers to fill the entire room with sound. The wireless bass box is more than adequate, having special benefit in being wireless. All in all, this system puts out more sound and volume than any "soundbar" system i've ever heard. I wont get into the details on how much surround imaging it has, because when you settle on a soundbar instead of a true 5.1 system, such arguments are silly. But what i can tell you is that i don't miss having a 5.1 system (not too much) in my small, oddly shaped house anymore.
The 135 connects well with others too. I was able to run my Tivo premeire almost seamlessly. My playstation 3 is another issue, but it's an issue everywhere because it uses bluetooth instead of standard IR or RF.Read more ›
Most hi-tech electronics today require more than simply plugging things together and turning them on. The Lifestyle 135 system does require that the user/installer perform some specific procedures that are, in my experience, clear and easier to perform than many other technology products I have used. The system is definitely is NOT for the technophobe or those who can't or won't read/follow directions. Unlike many owner manuals the instructions are clear and easy to perform.
Bose does not publish 'specs', their products usually don't fit within conventional measurement/specification parameters used by the AV industry. Despite all the analysis and comparison we frequently use to make selections, in the end the choice is 'what feels good'. Look at and listen to Bose, you will be glad you did. When it is all said and done, all of the specifications, analysis and comparisons don't improve the end user experience.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Well I just set it up... It sounds amazing and somehow throws sound around the room to make it seem like there are side speakersPublished 13 months ago by mg
Wonderful sound but those who do the research know, it is not a substitute for a real surround system. Read morePublished on December 2, 2013 by Dave W
I bought this to go in a large open room with no place to put surround speakers. It was easy to set up and the remote programmed well for all the devices I have in the system... Read morePublished on July 14, 2013 by Bill
Is not a secret that bose sound hasn't comparison. The 135 system has an excellent design and awesome sound. I connected my blue ray, directv and ipod systems very easy. Read morePublished on June 26, 2013 by Andres
Sounds great. Room feels like a theater. Setup is quite easy. I think the price can be cheaper. But overall a great product.Published on April 10, 2013 by jdude
Its expensive but well worth it. Great sound for a sound bar and easy setup. Love the wireless sub-woofer. I would strongly recommend it.Published on March 1, 2013 by Marcs Hernandez
We bought this system to replace our surround sound system. The sound quality is excellent and now we don't have speakers and wires all over the living room! Read morePublished on December 21, 2012 by Sarah Farris
First, I will say the sound is better than my TV. Not surround by any means, but better than the sound coming from my 1" deep 55" LG TV. Read morePublished on March 7, 2012 by GreatFallsMatt